Sussexmariner
January 14, 2015, 3:20am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from immariner

Let's give them a illegitimate chance, eh?

We have done.

All this season, the season before that and the season before that!

The "Hurst out" bridage (and I'm one of them) can only see visions of the future and all we see is failure again!  play-offs then lose against a superior team

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 51
pontoonlew
January 14, 2015, 11:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from immariner
It's quite telling how supporters of other teams view the gloom that seems to have a stranglehold of the debate about our club at the minute and that has permeated BP horribly, particularly recently; 4th in the table, playing top of the table at the weekend with the chance to close the gap - they think we're all mad for not getting behind the team more and I don't think they're wrong. People have a right to be unhappy with recent home performances and probably collectively since we've been in this division, but this insidious and often vitriolic atmosphere we seem to have over us at the minute is not going to help. Neither will no longer turning up and putting your money into the football club. That will only serve to increase our chances in the foreseeable future of not getting out of this league, which we all so inherently desire.

It has to be affecting the players and as has been pointed out by others, this group of players is not responsible for our terminal fall over the last 10 years or so, and most are not responsible for our inability to have gotten out of this division so far. You could argue that Hurst is responsible, in part, for the latter, and to a point I can see where you'd be coming from. But we haven't had by far and away the biggest budget that most teams who have been promoted as champions over the last 5 years or so, have had. So with this in mind, what Hurst has achieved over the last two years, namely two play off appearances (albeit ultimately disappointing semi-final defeats), is about what we should have expected with our respective budget. We're now on course to reach the play-offs again and give ourselves a chance of promotion and many people are spitting feathers. It's crazy.

Yes, the football's uninspiring, but bar Barnet and probably Eastleigh, I'll challenge you to find a supporter of another football club in this division who is member-a-hoop with the standard of football that their team churns out. We're in the 5th division and we pay way over the odds for the "privilege" of watching it, but we've got to get behind this team and perhaps then we might have the opportunity to have the privilege of watching overpriced 4th division football instead. It's up to the players and the manager first and foremost to make that happen, of course it is, but we can't forego our responsibility, and it is a responsibility, as supporters, to give them the best possible platform and atmosphere in which to try and make that happen. It's not this group of players' fault that we're spending our 5th year out of the football league so we need to stop pouring our anger and resentment that has built up onto them. It's not fair.

For starters I don't really care what other fans think of our moaning because they aren't the ones paying one of the highest prices in the league to watch what can only be described as shite.

Secondly, a lot of people mistake the moaning at games to 'getting on the players backs' it's not, it's born out of frustration towards our negative manager. The players aren't a bad bunch, you won't find many to disagree with that. The manager is stifling them.

Thirdly, give them a chance? Hurst has had his chance, numerous times yet still makes the same infuriating mistakes. Rotating a winning team (who in their right mind changes things after a 6-1 and a 7-0) negative football, poor home displays and his stupid attitude to the FA Trophy. Same mistakes, every year and I'm sick of it. The last piece of the 'Paul Hurst puzzle of intercourse ups' tends to be the play off surrender when we realise scraping into the play-offs with average football leads you one way.

To the guy who said a few wins and people will be behind Hurst. No, Hurst has done damage that will take a lot more than a couple of wins to patch up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 51
friskneymariner
January 14, 2015, 11:55am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38

[/quote]Definition of insanity repeatedly doing the same thing and hoping for a different outcome. Einstein.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 51
LongEatonMariner
January 14, 2015, 12:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Is this the point where the "Hurst out" brigade hijack the thread? lol

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 51
Sussexmariner
January 14, 2015, 1:04pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from LongEatonMariner
Is this the point where the "Hurst out" brigade hijack the thread? lol

UTM

Only after the "lets back the manager season after season" army took control

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 51
RoboCod
January 14, 2015, 1:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Sussexmariner

Just after the 'let's give them `til Christmas' brigade trudged off..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 51
mike_d
January 14, 2015, 1:42pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +375
Gold Stars: 4
It'll all be over by Christmas anyway?

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 51
arryarryarry
January 14, 2015, 1:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from immariner
It's quite telling how supporters of other teams view the gloom that seems to have a stranglehold of the debate about our club at the minute and that has permeated BP horribly, particularly recently; 4th in the table, playing top of the table at the weekend with the chance to close the gap - they think we're all mad for not getting behind the team more and I don't think they're wrong. People have a right to be unhappy with recent home performances and probably collectively since we've been in this division, but this insidious and often vitriolic atmosphere we seem to have over us at the minute is not going to help. Neither will no longer turning up and putting your money into the football club. That will only serve to increase our chances in the foreseeable future of not getting out of this league, which we all so inherently desire.

It has to be affecting the players and as has been pointed out by others, this group of players is not responsible for our terminal fall over the last 10 years or so, and most are not responsible for our inability to have gotten out of this division so far. You could argue that Hurst is responsible, in part, for the latter, and to a point I can see where you'd be coming from. But we haven't had by far and away the biggest budget that most teams who have been promoted as champions over the last 5 years or so, have had. So with this in mind, what Hurst has achieved over the last two years, namely two play off appearances (albeit ultimately disappointing semi-final defeats), is about what we should have expected with our respective budget. We're now on course to reach the play-offs again and give ourselves a chance of promotion and many people are spitting feathers. It's crazy.

Yes, the football's uninspiring, but bar Barnet and probably Eastleigh, I'll challenge you to find a supporter of another football club in this division who is member-a-hoop with the standard of football that their team churns out. We're in the 5th division and we pay way over the odds for the "privilege" of watching it, but we've got to get behind this team and perhaps then we might have the opportunity to have the privilege of watching overpriced 4th division football instead. It's up to the players and the manager first and foremost to make that happen, of course it is, but we can't forego our responsibility, and it is a responsibility, as supporters, to give them the best possible platform and atmosphere in which to try and make that happen. It's not this group of players' fault that we're spending our 5th year out of the football league so we need to stop pouring our anger and resentment that has built up onto them. It's not fair.

Another one who clearly doesn't get out and about much, I have read various threads on the Wrexham site for example where their fans were moaning about their manager and he hasn't even been there a full season yet.

Private Message
Reply: 47 - 51
LongEatonMariner
January 14, 2015, 2:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Quoted from Sussexmariner

Fair point! It all just makes me chuckle to be honest
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 51
St. Pauli
January 14, 2015, 2:47pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +223
Quoted from immariner

POST OF THE SEASON (...so far ...) !!!  THANK YOU, THANK YOU , THANK YOU !!!!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My Dogs Thoughts too

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.