barralad
January 13, 2015, 9:46pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from realist

some people end their posts with UTM or Grimsby till  I die and don't get commentrd on. Aren't I allowed my own signature which I think will best serve the club?

Well....perhaps it's because it's a GTFC messageboard that people don't find anything surprising about UTM or Grimsby till I die. I would genuinely like to hear why you think Hurst and Fenty should "go" but have it your way....

UTM

Grimsby till I die

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 51
Marinerz93
January 13, 2015, 10:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Alfie
People have been moaning about how the Fishy has gone 'downhill' and it's 'not what it used to be' since the days of Billo and Humbo on the old Electronic Fishcake.

How dare you, the fishy is far more 'toxic'  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 51
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 13, 2015, 10:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Mass exodus then for discussions on cheese on the grimmy I feel

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 51
promotion plaice
January 13, 2015, 10:40pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,035
Gold Stars: 197
So the Fishy stinks, Fenty stinks, Hurst stinks, the ground stinks, the supporters and the players stink, the future's looking well er
[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/s32a6u.jpg[/IMG]

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 51
nickmariners
January 13, 2015, 10:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +513
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from realist

Oh so I am not allowed the transition from forum lurker to poster without being ridiculed.  With "fellow " supporters like you no wonder thongs aren't looking too rosy

Perhaps some others think that the kind of comments you have written are not in fact very "supportive".

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 51
Theimperialcoroner
January 13, 2015, 10:56pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,172
Gold Stars: 102
I just Wanted to make sure Wayne has not left. I really miss his reports from the nasty side.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 51
mike_d
January 13, 2015, 11:00pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +390
A couple of good wins, and perhaps things might pick up.

Fenty and Hurst in. For the season.

BTW realist, even if you do think that, please do them the basic respect of capitalising their names. You may not like them, agree with them, but you can at least afford them that.

Nous sommes Codheads.

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 51
GrimRob
January 13, 2015, 11:03pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,400
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from mike_d
A couple of good wins, and perhaps things might pick up.

Fenty and Hurst in. For the season.

BTW realist, even if you do think that, please do them the basic respect of capitalising their names. You may not like them, agree with them, but you can at least afford them that.

Nous sommes Codheads.

says the man whose username starts with a small m in Mike!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 51
mike_d
January 13, 2015, 11:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +390
I never said I respected myself Rob

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 51
immariner
January 13, 2015, 11:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,406
Gold Stars: 60
It's quite telling how supporters of other teams view the gloom that seems to have a stranglehold of the debate about our club at the minute and that has permeated BP horribly, particularly recently; 4th in the table, playing top of the table at the weekend with the chance to close the gap - they think we're all mad for not getting behind the team more and I don't think they're wrong. People have a right to be unhappy with recent home performances and probably collectively since we've been in this division, but this insidious and often vitriolic atmosphere we seem to have over us at the minute is not going to help. Neither will no longer turning up and putting your money into the football club. That will only serve to increase our chances in the foreseeable future of not getting out of this league, which we all so inherently desire.

It has to be affecting the players and as has been pointed out by others, this group of players is not responsible for our terminal fall over the last 10 years or so, and most are not responsible for our inability to have gotten out of this division so far. You could argue that Hurst is responsible, in part, for the latter, and to a point I can see where you'd be coming from. But we haven't had by far and away the biggest budget that most teams who have been promoted as champions over the last 5 years or so, have had. So with this in mind, what Hurst has achieved over the last two years, namely two play off appearances (albeit ultimately disappointing semi-final defeats), is about what we should have expected with our respective budget. We're now on course to reach the play-offs again and give ourselves a chance of promotion and many people are spitting feathers. It's crazy.

Yes, the football's uninspiring, but bar Barnet and probably Eastleigh, I'll challenge you to find a supporter of another football club in this division who is member-a-hoop with the standard of football that their team churns out. We're in the 5th division and we pay way over the odds for the "privilege" of watching it, but we've got to get behind this team and perhaps then we might have the opportunity to have the privilege of watching overpriced 4th division football instead. It's up to the players and the manager first and foremost to make that happen, of course it is, but we can't forego our responsibility, and it is a responsibility, as supporters, to give them the best possible platform and atmosphere in which to try and make that happen. It's not this group of players' fault that we're spending our 5th year out of the football league so we need to stop pouring our anger and resentment that has built up onto them. It's not fair.

Let's give them a illegitimate chance, eh?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My Dogs Thoughts too

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.