Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Squinter, January 13, 2015, 7:45pm
I'm with 'My Dogs Thoughts', I've had enough of this site.

I didn't post very often, but I did used to like reading all the posts, some used to be very amusing.   Now the site is just moronic jibes at Hurst, the players and JF.   Honestly, everybody wants this club to succeed, yet some think slagging off all the before mentioned  will somehow improve our results.  If I got half the same abuse at my work, I'd spit my dummy out and do the bare minimum of work, can't you all see that's whats happening with the players now.  It happened with Kerr last year, he came in and did OK for the first few months, then he gets a bit of abuse and that's it he does the bare minimum.  It's like watching deja vu with Scott Brown this season.

As for those who want JF out, answer me one question.  Have you got 3 million to invest in the club ?  If your answer is NO then shut the intercourse up.  I'm not a Fenty lover, but I have the up-most respect for anymore who is a self made millionaire, who has grafted to get to the position he's in today.  At times the guy can't do right from wrong, he comes on here to engage with the fans ( a very brave move IMO ) and all he get's is vile abuse.  People like BP Vicar - be careful what you wish for, you just might get.  

Just before I finish my rant.  The last manager here after Buckley to have any sort of success was probably Russell Slade.  I still remember the abuse he used to get from the Main Stand, and I will never forget him celebrating a goal against Lincoln by running down the touch line, he then turned to the Main Stand and celebrated in way that could only be described as F*** you.  Shortly after he left the club and is now in the Championship.  

I do often feel that some Town supporters are only happy if they are moaning, either at the game or on here.  How can anybody boo a player 30 seconds into a game ?  Maybe Fenty and Hurst are right, and the players are effected by this, I think our away results go someway to proving this theory.  So on Saturday, for a change why don't all you moaners get behind the team from kick of, and create a bit of a positive atmosphere that was clearly missing against Lincoln.

UTM

Posted by: Cricklewoodmariner, January 13, 2015, 8:19pm; Reply: 1
[img]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/scsc.gif[/img]
Posted by: realist, January 13, 2015, 8:27pm; Reply: 2
Good riddance.  Another one who thinks I'm a moron because I have a differing opinion to his.
There are too many that cant accept another side to a discussoon.
Hurst and fenty out.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, January 13, 2015, 8:29pm; Reply: 3
I don't think these responses do anything to prove Squinter wrong.
Posted by: barralad, January 13, 2015, 8:33pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from realist
Good riddance.  Another one who thinks I'm a moron because I have a differing opinion to his.
There are too many that cant accept another side to a discussoon.
Hurst and fenty out.

You are, of course, fully entitled to your opinion but just think how nice it would be if you fleshed it out a little for the good of the standard of debate on the Fishy
Posted by: realist, January 13, 2015, 8:35pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from LongEatonMariner
I don't think these responses do anything to prove Squinter wrong.

I disagree The point of healthy debate is that you can discuss extremely different points of view,  and respect that and still get on. On the fishy you are not allowed this common courtesy
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, January 13, 2015, 8:37pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from realist

I disagree The point of healthy debate is that you can discuss extremely different points of view,  and respect that and still get on. On the fishy you are not allowed this common courtesy

If only there was respect among all posters, but sadly I don't think there is.
Posted by: barralad, January 13, 2015, 8:37pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from realist

I'm sorry to quibble-I realise it must be tiresome but do you consider writing Hurst and Fenty out several times to be "healthy debate"?
Posted by: realist, January 13, 2015, 8:38pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from barralad

You are, of course, fully entitled to your opinion but just think how nice it would be if you fleshed it out a little for the good of the standard of debate on the Fishy

What would you like fleshing out? I don't really post to get your approval on the content and quality of my posts. You can always ignore it and move on but oh, I forgot,  you must be one of the quality posters who must be obeyed and respected
Posted by: realist, January 13, 2015, 8:41pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from barralad

I'm sorry to quibble-I realise it must be tiresome but do you consider writing Hurst and Fenty out several times to be "healthy debate"?

some people end their posts with UTM or Grimsby till  I die and don't get commentrd on. Aren't I allowed my own signature which I think will best serve the club?

Posted by: BIGChris, January 13, 2015, 8:42pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from realist

What would you like fleshing out? I don't really post to get your approval on the content and quality of my posts. You can always ignore it and move on but oh, I forgot,  you must be one of the quality posters who must be obeyed and respected

No you dont. 19 posts and half of them in the last hour  ;)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 13, 2015, 8:44pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from barralad

But some of us do try to flesh out our 'tiresome' posts with a bit of debate  ;)
Posted by: realist, January 13, 2015, 8:46pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from BIGChris

No you dont. 19 posts and half of them in the last hour  ;)

Oh so I am not allowed the transition from forum lurker to poster without being ridiculed.  With "fellow " supporters like you no wonder thongs aren't looking too rosy
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, January 13, 2015, 8:46pm; Reply: 13
I really used to enjoy coming on here during Lunch hour and of evening, enjoying the lighthearted stuff but certainly lost it's edge over last few months. The football club may not be where we all want it to be but I find that this board has a unhealthy edge to it now. For regular posters to leave this board is surely a negative even if you disagreed with opinions.
I can't remember seeing a funny thread on here for weeks without been flipped somehow negatively. I hope it does get back to what it was and regulars return.
UTM
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, January 13, 2015, 8:48pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from realist

Oh so I am not allowed the transition from forum lurker to poster without being ridiculed.  With "fellow " supporters like you no wonder thongs aren't looking too rosy

Ah Rosie's thong!
Posted by: BIGChris, January 13, 2015, 8:48pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from realist

A bit too tight perhaps?
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 13, 2015, 8:49pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from realist

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2v9576e.jpg[/IMG]  ;D ;D ;D

Posted by: realist, January 13, 2015, 8:49pm; Reply: 17
Probably or the big finger small phone syndrome :)

thanks for the humour I needed bringing down a peg
Posted by: lukeo, January 13, 2015, 8:51pm; Reply: 18
I agree with a lot the original poster put? I don't come on here as much
Anymore for the same reasons mainly. I'll never leave though, there is the
Odd thread I like to read about things going on around in the club I love
Posted by: mariner91, January 13, 2015, 8:55pm; Reply: 19
The Fishy is definitely becoming more toxic and is starting to resemble the atmosphere felt around BP on a match day i.e not nice! There are some great posters who contribute to both sides of the argument with good, reasoned posts and respect to the people they are debating with. Equally, there are some who just seem to want to be heard and actually have nothing to offer the discussion, very often ending up posting drivel or turning to personal jibes. Unfortunately, currently they seem to be the ones who make up a large amount of the posts on here and it is noticeable that some of the more informative posters now post less frequently.

However, this all goes to prove that most people care deeply about this club, which considering what we've had to endure in the last decade is quite incredible really that we still can get a home gate of over 7,000. We've all got the love for this club in common which should be remembered before getting personal, ultimately we all want the club to succeed and being a twat on a messageboard doesn't do anything remotely positive towards that. "You may say I'm a dreamer" and all that...
Posted by: ginnywings, January 13, 2015, 8:59pm; Reply: 20
Boo!   Everybody out.  ;D :P ;) :) :-/
Posted by: mariner91, January 13, 2015, 9:01pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from ginnywings
Boo!   Everybody out.  ;D :P ;) :) :-/

Fishy hiatus till we're good again? Could be a while ;)
Posted by: ackomariner, January 13, 2015, 9:05pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from mariner91
The Fishy is definitely becoming more toxic and is starting to resemble the atmosphere felt around BP on a match day i.e not nice! There are some great posters who contribute to both sides of the argument with good, reasoned posts and respect to the people they are debating with. Equally, there are some who just seem to want to be heard and actually have nothing to offer the discussion, very often ending up posting drivel or turning to personal jibes. Unfortunately, currently they seem to be the ones who make up a large amount of the posts on here and it is noticeable that some of the more informative posters now post less frequently.

However, this all goes to prove that most people care deeply about this club, which considering what we've had to endure in the last decade is quite incredible really that we still can get a home gate of over 7,000. We've all got the love for this club in common which should be remembered before getting personal, ultimately we all want the club to succeed and being a twat on a messageboard doesn't do anything remotely positive towards that. "You may say I'm a dreamer" and all that...

But was it not" my dogs thoughts" who called the hurst out camp, " cocks"
Yeah I think he did, so don't lay all the blame on this side of the fence, it's happening from both sides of it.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, January 13, 2015, 9:11pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from ackomariner

Yeah I think he did, so don't lay all the blame on this side of the fence, it's happening from both sides of it.

Fair point if true.

We should all try and bury the hatchet, just not in each others skulls, or the skull of the majority shareholder, or the manager, or the left back, or the mascot etc

Peace.
Posted by: mariner91, January 13, 2015, 9:13pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from ackomariner

There was no blame laid either side of the fence if you read it without jumping to conclusions, it occurs from all angles. No need for it from anyone.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 13, 2015, 9:18pm; Reply: 25
We should all get over it. It's a fans forum, if you don't like someone else's opinion, either debate from your side, ignore it or put a Red Cross on it. Taking it personally and taking your metaphorical ball home either shows you've lost the argument or lost your mojo.
Posted by: Alfie, January 13, 2015, 9:34pm; Reply: 26
People have been moaning about how the Fishy has gone 'downhill' and it's 'not what it used to be' since the days of Billo and Humbo on the old Electronic Fishcake.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 13, 2015, 9:36pm; Reply: 27
It's a pity that some folks take things too seriously and personally. The rule I follow is don't shoot the messenger. :)
Posted by: barralad, January 13, 2015, 9:41pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from realist

I don't feel the need to be "obeyed or respected". I just thought it would enhance the debate/messageboard a bit. Why are you such an angry person?
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 13, 2015, 9:44pm; Reply: 29
I have never understood the whole "I'm leaving this or that so I thought I'd tell you". If you have your own reasons then leave, if someone has offended you tell them, if you've had enough then don't post to add ammunition to a smoking barrel.

IF YOU DONT FACKING LIKE IT.......DONT POST
Posted by: barralad, January 13, 2015, 9:46pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from realist

some people end their posts with UTM or Grimsby till  I die and don't get commentrd on. Aren't I allowed my own signature which I think will best serve the club?

Well....perhaps it's because it's a GTFC messageboard that people don't find anything surprising about UTM or Grimsby till I die. I would genuinely like to hear why you think Hurst and Fenty should "go" but have it your way....

UTM

Grimsby till I die
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 13, 2015, 10:21pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Alfie
People have been moaning about how the Fishy has gone 'downhill' and it's 'not what it used to be' since the days of Billo and Humbo on the old Electronic Fishcake.

How dare you, the fishy is far more 'toxic'  ;)
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 13, 2015, 10:29pm; Reply: 32
Mass exodus then for discussions on cheese on the grimmy I feel
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 13, 2015, 10:40pm; Reply: 33
So the Fishy stinks, Fenty stinks, Hurst stinks, the ground stinks, the supporters and the players stink, the future's looking well er
[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/s32a6u.jpg[/IMG]
Posted by: nickmariners, January 13, 2015, 10:46pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from realist

Perhaps some others think that the kind of comments you have written are not in fact very "supportive".

Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, January 13, 2015, 10:56pm; Reply: 35
I just Wanted to make sure Wayne has not left. I really miss his reports from the nasty side.
Posted by: mike_d, January 13, 2015, 11:00pm; Reply: 36
A couple of good wins, and perhaps things might pick up.

Fenty and Hurst in. For the season.

BTW realist, even if you do think that, please do them the basic respect of capitalising their names. You may not like them, agree with them, but you can at least afford them that.

Nous sommes Codheads.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 13, 2015, 11:03pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from mike_d
A couple of good wins, and perhaps things might pick up.

Fenty and Hurst in. For the season.

BTW realist, even if you do think that, please do them the basic respect of capitalising their names. You may not like them, agree with them, but you can at least afford them that.

Nous sommes Codheads.

says the man whose username starts with a small m in Mike!
Posted by: mike_d, January 13, 2015, 11:08pm; Reply: 38
I never said I respected myself Rob ;)
Posted by: immariner, January 13, 2015, 11:39pm; Reply: 39
It's quite telling how supporters of other teams view the gloom that seems to have a stranglehold of the debate about our club at the minute and that has permeated BP horribly, particularly recently; 4th in the table, playing top of the table at the weekend with the chance to close the gap - they think we're all mad for not getting behind the team more and I don't think they're wrong. People have a right to be unhappy with recent home performances and probably collectively since we've been in this division, but this insidious and often vitriolic atmosphere we seem to have over us at the minute is not going to help. Neither will no longer turning up and putting your money into the football club. That will only serve to increase our chances in the foreseeable future of not getting out of this league, which we all so inherently desire.

It has to be affecting the players and as has been pointed out by others, this group of players is not responsible for our terminal fall over the last 10 years or so, and most are not responsible for our inability to have gotten out of this division so far. You could argue that Hurst is responsible, in part, for the latter, and to a point I can see where you'd be coming from. But we haven't had by far and away the biggest budget that most teams who have been promoted as champions over the last 5 years or so, have had. So with this in mind, what Hurst has achieved over the last two years, namely two play off appearances (albeit ultimately disappointing semi-final defeats), is about what we should have expected with our respective budget. We're now on course to reach the play-offs again and give ourselves a chance of promotion and many people are spitting feathers. It's crazy.

Yes, the football's uninspiring, but bar Barnet and probably Eastleigh, I'll challenge you to find a supporter of another football club in this division who is member-a-hoop with the standard of football that their team churns out. We're in the 5th division and we pay way over the odds for the "privilege" of watching it, but we've got to get behind this team and perhaps then we might have the opportunity to have the privilege of watching overpriced 4th division football instead. It's up to the players and the manager first and foremost to make that happen, of course it is, but we can't forego our responsibility, and it is a responsibility, as supporters, to give them the best possible platform and atmosphere in which to try and make that happen. It's not this group of players' fault that we're spending our 5th year out of the football league so we need to stop pouring our anger and resentment that has built up onto them. It's not fair.

Let's give them a illegitimate chance, eh?
Posted by: Sussexmariner, January 14, 2015, 3:20am; Reply: 40
Quoted from immariner

We have done.

All this season, the season before that and the season before that!

The "Hurst out" bridage (and I'm one of them) can only see visions of the future and all we see is failure again!  play-offs then lose against a superior team
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 14, 2015, 11:51am; Reply: 41
Quoted from immariner
It's quite telling how supporters of other teams view the gloom that seems to have a stranglehold of the debate about our club at the minute and that has permeated BP horribly, particularly recently; 4th in the table, playing top of the table at the weekend with the chance to close the gap - they think we're all mad for not getting behind the team more and I don't think they're wrong. People have a right to be unhappy with recent home performances and probably collectively since we've been in this division, but this insidious and often vitriolic atmosphere we seem to have over us at the minute is not going to help. Neither will no longer turning up and putting your money into the football club. That will only serve to increase our chances in the foreseeable future of not getting out of this league, which we all so inherently desire.

It has to be affecting the players and as has been pointed out by others, this group of players is not responsible for our terminal fall over the last 10 years or so, and most are not responsible for our inability to have gotten out of this division so far. You could argue that Hurst is responsible, in part, for the latter, and to a point I can see where you'd be coming from. But we haven't had by far and away the biggest budget that most teams who have been promoted as champions over the last 5 years or so, have had. So with this in mind, what Hurst has achieved over the last two years, namely two play off appearances (albeit ultimately disappointing semi-final defeats), is about what we should have expected with our respective budget. We're now on course to reach the play-offs again and give ourselves a chance of promotion and many people are spitting feathers. It's crazy.

Yes, the football's uninspiring, but bar Barnet and probably Eastleigh, I'll challenge you to find a supporter of another football club in this division who is member-a-hoop with the standard of football that their team churns out. We're in the 5th division and we pay way over the odds for the "privilege" of watching it, but we've got to get behind this team and perhaps then we might have the opportunity to have the privilege of watching overpriced 4th division football instead. It's up to the players and the manager first and foremost to make that happen, of course it is, but we can't forego our responsibility, and it is a responsibility, as supporters, to give them the best possible platform and atmosphere in which to try and make that happen. It's not this group of players' fault that we're spending our 5th year out of the football league so we need to stop pouring our anger and resentment that has built up onto them. It's not fair.

For starters I don't really care what other fans think of our moaning because they aren't the ones paying one of the highest prices in the league to watch what can only be described as shite.

Secondly, a lot of people mistake the moaning at games to 'getting on the players backs' it's not, it's born out of frustration towards our negative manager. The players aren't a bad bunch, you won't find many to disagree with that. The manager is stifling them.

Thirdly, give them a chance? Hurst has had his chance, numerous times yet still makes the same infuriating mistakes. Rotating a winning team (who in their right mind changes things after a 6-1 and a 7-0) negative football, poor home displays and his stupid attitude to the FA Trophy. Same mistakes, every year and I'm sick of it. The last piece of the 'Paul Hurst puzzle of intercourse ups' tends to be the play off surrender when we realise scraping into the play-offs with average football leads you one way.

To the guy who said a few wins and people will be behind Hurst. No, Hurst has done damage that will take a lot more than a couple of wins to patch up.
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 14, 2015, 11:55am; Reply: 42

[/quote]Definition of insanity repeatedly doing the same thing and hoping for a different outcome. Einstein.

Posted by: LongEatonMariner, January 14, 2015, 12:55pm; Reply: 43
Is this the point where the "Hurst out" brigade hijack the thread? lol ;-)

UTM
Posted by: Sussexmariner, January 14, 2015, 1:04pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from LongEatonMariner
Is this the point where the "Hurst out" brigade hijack the thread? lol ;-)

UTM

Only after the "lets back the manager season after season" army took control
Posted by: RoboCod, January 14, 2015, 1:17pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Sussexmariner

Just after the 'let's give them `til Christmas' brigade trudged off..
Posted by: mike_d, January 14, 2015, 1:42pm; Reply: 46
It'll all be over by Christmas anyway?
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 14, 2015, 1:43pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from immariner

Another one who clearly doesn't get out and about much, I have read various threads on the Wrexham site for example where their fans were moaning about their manager and he hasn't even been there a full season yet.

Posted by: LongEatonMariner, January 14, 2015, 2:28pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Sussexmariner

Fair point! It all just makes me chuckle to be honest :-)
Posted by: St. Pauli, January 14, 2015, 2:47pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from immariner

POST OF THE SEASON (...so far ...) !!!  THANK YOU, THANK YOU , THANK YOU !!!!

UTM
Posted by: Tom13, January 14, 2015, 2:49pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from arryarryarry

Another one who clearly doesn't get out and about much, I have read various threads on the Wrexham site for example where their fans were moaning about their manager and he hasn't even been there a full season yet.

They are 16th in the table though not 4th, which for a club of their size is nowhere near acceptable.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 14, 2015, 3:36pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from St. Pauli

POST OF THE SEASON (...so far ...) !!!  THANK YOU, THANK YOU , THANK YOU !!!!

UTM

Post of the season???

It's not even post of 14th jan!
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 9:28pm