barralad
January 10, 2015, 5:57pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from BIGChris
the 3 in central midfield gave us more of the ball and stopped Gateshead playing. Disley was very good and Clay decent too imo. Brown? Ran around but continually made the wrong decision. Held it when he should have passed and too often tried Hollywood passes and gave it away. IMO he should have been replaced after an hour with Paddy but not on 85mins!

Whilst the 3 in central mid gave us more control we lacked width. You have to have your full backs prepared to provide it and although Magnay tried, it was clear he was on his 'wrong side and we lack balance. Parslow is a centre back, not a particually good one imo but a centre back nonetheless. What he isnt is an attacking full back. He looks the most uncomfortable on the ball in our entire squad and you know if he does receive the ball he simply turns back and passes it safely 5 yards away. It gives us no threat whatsoever and we lose momentum.

Toto was outstanding defensively. The man was unbeatable and his strength and timing were excellent. His distribution wasnt but i can live with that in the 5th tier.

The new lad? OK but perhaps doing him a diservice if i say I can never see him getting me on the edge of my seat. Pitmann didnt offer much else when he came on.

Arnold who appalled me in the Macc game worked hard enough. He played in the free role behind the front 2. Nielson would have run riot in that role.

The penalty appeal? Not for me. Brown nipped in front of the defender and threw himself to the ground in a half hearted attempt to con the ref.

Martin Allen watched about an hour before leaving. Not sure what he would have made of it other than ordering his southern softies leggings and new gloves?

Subs were a waste of time. Paddy got 5 mins and Mackreth 1. No point whatsoever imo

Cheers for the balanced review mate. Wonder why Neilson didn't at least make the bench

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 72
MyDogsThoughts
January 10, 2015, 5:57pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts

But you came onto the thread to disrupt and be negative: why mate?

Calling me a muppet helps our conversation greatly doesn't it?

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 72
oldun
January 10, 2015, 5:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Neilson was injured. Spoke to Aswad at halftime, not pleased to be left out but had some decent banter with a few fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 72
Jarmo.Is.God
January 10, 2015, 5:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86

This !

I say it when we play away and people manage to comment on the performance !!

The wind played a major part, Arnold is a wimp, Toto very good today.

Palmer looked ok
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 72
jonnyboy82
January 10, 2015, 6:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95

No i came on to be honest.

we were crap, what do you want me to say ?

i really think the fishy has some kind of delusion spell on it.

you cant say something was good if it wasnt.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 72
jonnyboy82
January 10, 2015, 6:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95

Calling me a muppet helps our conversation greatly doesn't it?

Err didnt you call people "c0cks" ?

jesus christ.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 72
Mrs Doyle
January 10, 2015, 6:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Good report from BC but if we play with no width it's quite obvious Palmer will struggle to get the sort of service that would suit him truth is we don't have a decent winger in the side BIB,BIG,BIG error imho.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 72
forza ivano
January 10, 2015, 6:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Why bother reading views from people who actually went to the match when you can learn all you need to know from muppets who heard someone say something on the radio.jeez, no wonder fenty left the fishy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 72
pontoonlew
January 10, 2015, 6:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,022
Gold Stars: 174

It is because a lot of the posters on here are complete c0cks!

John Fenty had to leave the forums because of them and they want more and more 'true fans and supporters' to stop posting: Scunny and Lincoln fans really I suppose, or as I said in the first sentence 'complete c0cks'.

It's desperately sad to see some people totally blind to poor performances and seemingly happy to see them continue.

Fans aren't 'complete cocks' for not being happy with seeing 7 wins in 14 home games. They're also not complete cocks for moaning when they've spent £18 to see the same old negative dross they see every single week.

In fact for me the complete cocks are the ones with the nerve to question why fans dare to be upset when the performances on the pitch are so spineless and boring.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 72
Maringer
January 10, 2015, 6:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from jonnyboy82
no need for the over analysis.

its simple ,we were rubbish .

same old excrement served up.

Actually, we were a lot better than against Macclesfield and BIGChris is quite right that Toto improved things at the back a great deal with his extra pace.

Oops! There I go again, talking about the game you didn't bother to go to watch yet still slagged off the team in any case. What am I like, eh?

Not like you, thankfully.

Enjoy your evening.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.