This thread currently has 9,731 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
January 10, 2015, 5:44pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
Someone gives a report of the game and gets two crosses.
Someone who didn't go to the game puts up their "expert" analysis and gets three ticks.

Fishy logic.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 72
BIGChris
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
the 3 in central midfield gave us more of the ball and stopped Gateshead playing. Disley was very good and Clay decent too imo. Brown? Ran around but continually made the wrong decision. Held it when he should have passed and too often tried Hollywood passes and gave it away. IMO he should have been replaced after an hour with Paddy but not on 85mins!

Whilst the 3 in central mid gave us more control we lacked width. You have to have your full backs prepared to provide it and although Magnay tried, it was clear he was on his 'wrong side and we lack balance. Parslow is a centre back, not a particually good one imo but a centre back nonetheless. What he isnt is an attacking full back. He looks the most uncomfortable on the ball in our entire squad and you know if he does receive the ball he simply turns back and passes it safely 5 yards away. It gives us no threat whatsoever and we lose momentum.

Toto was outstanding defensively. The man was unbeatable and his strength and timing were excellent. His distribution wasnt but i can live with that in the 5th tier.

The new lad? OK but perhaps doing him a diservice if i say I can never see him getting me on the edge of my seat. Pitmann didnt offer much else when he came on.

Arnold who appalled me in the Macc game worked hard enough. He played in the free role behind the front 2. Nielson would have run riot in that role.

The penalty appeal? Not for me. Brown nipped in front of the defender and threw himself to the ground in a half hearted attempt to con the ref.

Martin Allen watched about an hour before leaving. Not sure what he would have made of it other than ordering his southern softies leggings and new gloves?

Subs were a waste of time. Paddy got 5 mins and Mackreth 1. No point whatsoever imo
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 72
MyDogsThoughts

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Quoted from jonnyboy82
no need for the over analysis.

its simple ,we were rubbish .

same old excrement served up.

But you didn't go did you?

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 72
gtfc82
January 10, 2015, 5:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
We were awful, they were awful! Hurst wastes the chance to give fringe players some game time! Ridiculous subs in the 85th and 90th minutes! It was almost like he wanted a replay!
We'll be lucky if Barnet don't murder us next week!
Going nowhere with Hurst!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 72
Garth
January 10, 2015, 5:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Two poor teams running around trying to keep warm, that's it, our keeper was the busyist
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 72
jonnyboy82
January 10, 2015, 5:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts

But you didn't go did you?

no thank god.

trust commentary and john cockerill words of "quite dire" though as enough ta.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 72
MyDogsThoughts
January 10, 2015, 5:50pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from LH
Someone gives a report of the game and gets two crosses.
Someone who didn't go to the game puts up their "expert" analysis and gets three ticks.

Fishy logic.

It is because a lot of the posters on here are complete c0cks!

John Fenty had to leave the forums because of them and they want more and more 'true fans and supporters' to stop posting: Scunny and Lincoln fans really I suppose, or as I said in the first sentence 'complete c0cks'.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 72
MyDogsThoughts
January 10, 2015, 5:52pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from jonnyboy82

no thank god.

trust commentary and john cockerill words of "quite dire" though as enough ta.

But you came onto the thread to disrupt and be negative: why mate?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 72
jonnyboy82
January 10, 2015, 5:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts

It is because a lot of the posters on here are complete c0cks!

John Fenty had to leave the forums because of them and they want more and more 'true fans and supporters' to stop posting: Scunny and Lincoln fans really I suppose, or as I said in the first sentence 'complete c0cks'.

Are you included in that group ?
woof woof.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 72
oldun
January 10, 2015, 5:56pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Nothing much to warm us up today in difficult conditions. We had more of the play going forward but could not carve out many decent chances. Arnold looked the most likely and had most attempts on goal. We are just too slow to get the ball into the attackers. Playing square or backwards passes. Our new Andy Carroll look alike showed the odd good touch, came close to getting one of his trademark close range finishes which was scrambled away. Looked a bit lost in the first half, but put himself about a bit more in the second half. Pearson came closest to breaking the deadlock but their defender was in the right place to clear his header. Good to have Toto back.  Putting subs on in the 85th and 90th mins, what is all that about? Finally don't get me going about Parslow .
So a replay we could well do without.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.