BIGChris
January 10, 2015, 8:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Garth

We need Thomas back left and Magnay right on Wednesday with Parslow playing a holding role behind Clay and Dis, Jack out right,  Arnold left with Ollie and Pitman up front

Assuming we have a keeper and 2 centre backs wouldnt that be 12?
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 72
ackomariner
January 10, 2015, 9:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from BIGChris

Assuming we have a keeper and 2 centre backs wouldnt that be 12?

Yeah it would,, leave parslow out

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 72
psgmariner
January 10, 2015, 9:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
It was boring.

Toto and Pearson were solid although they had nothing really to do. Clay was excellent.

We have next to no goal threat. The new guy looked very rusty. excrement touch and not sure what he adds. Hope he improves.

Private Message
Reply: 62 - 72
chaos33
January 10, 2015, 9:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,871
Gold Stars: 353
I really don't understand why Hurst didn't play some of those who haven't had a chance recently, particularly in place of those who have shown nothing but recent poor form, or why he brought subs on with 3 mins and 1 minute to play, but then I really don't understand much that he does anymore.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 72
Madeleymariner
January 10, 2015, 9:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,049
Gold Stars: 49
Just got a feeling,  Thomas wont be playing any time soon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 72
Abdul19
January 10, 2015, 9:34pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from moosey_club
It was good to see the players playing to feet patiently rather than pumping long balls, Disley seeing lots of the ball at the base of the midfield diamond but most of the passing was impenetrative, backwards or sideways and largely predictable

So that's why AB wasn't on the radio!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 72
diehardmariner
January 11, 2015, 1:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,429
Gold Stars: 532
Diabolical game.  Diamond type formation meant we nulified their threat but at the same time restricted any attacking play we may have offered.  Lacked width all game and with it we may have avoided a replay, this flaw was made even more obvious with Magnay on his wrong foot and Parslow's non-attacking game.   Brown was very poor in that system.

We had virtually all the attacking play but no clear cut chances.  

Palmer looked alright. Nothing more.  

Toto and Pearson solid throughout.  

Absurd use of subs so late in the game.  Totally pointless.  

I've just about warmed up, eight and a half hours later.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 72
lobsterpot
January 11, 2015, 10:17am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from BIGChris
the 3 in central midfield gave us more of the ball and stopped Gateshead playing. Disley was very good and Clay decent too imo. Brown? Ran around but continually made the wrong decision. Held it when he should have passed and too often tried Hollywood passes and gave it away. IMO he should have been replaced after an hour with Paddy but not on 85mins!

Whilst the 3 in central mid gave us more control we lacked width. You have to have your full backs prepared to provide it and although Magnay tried, it was clear he was on his 'wrong side and we lack balance. Parslow is a centre back, not a particually good one imo but a centre back nonetheless. What he isnt is an attacking full back. He looks the most uncomfortable on the ball in our entire squad and you know if he does receive the ball he simply turns back and passes it safely 5 yards away. It gives us no threat whatsoever and we lose momentum.

Toto was outstanding defensively. The man was unbeatable and his strength and timing were excellent. His distribution wasnt but i can live with that in the 5th tier.

The new lad? OK but perhaps doing him a diservice if i say I can never see him getting me on the edge of my seat. Pitmann didnt offer much else when he came on.

Arnold who appalled me in the Macc game worked hard enough. He played in the free role behind the front 2. Nielson would have run riot in that role.

The penalty appeal? Not for me. Brown nipped in front of the defender and threw himself to the ground in a half hearted attempt to con the ref.

Martin Allen watched about an hour before leaving. Not sure what he would have made of it other than ordering his southern softies leggings and new gloves?

Subs were a waste of time. Paddy got 5 mins and Mackreth 1. No point whatsoever imo

I really cannot be ar$ed to trawl through several pages of the same old $hite that i already know but, Chris, the only penalty appeal i saw was the blatant handball in the last few seconds right in front of me! The defender misjudged the bounce and the ball awquardly flicked up and hit his outstreched hand. I was sat with a Sunday league ref and he could not believe it wasnt given altho' have to say the same Sunday league ref would give anything that the Seven Seas ever appealed for

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 72
nickmariners
January 11, 2015, 10:45am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +513
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts

But you came onto the thread to disrupt and be negative: why mate?

Cos that's his thang.

That plus sausages.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 72
Paris Mariner
January 11, 2015, 10:51am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
I actually thought we played ok and certainly deserved the win. Gateshead caused us no problems and we had a strong penalty shout, a goal chance cleared off the line and a good few crosses from corners and open play flashed across the box which, on another day, would have got a knick and go in.

I don't think all this criticism "he's not going to get us promotoed" etc etc on Palmer is useful. He's had one game in a new team FFS! It's indicative of the poisonous atmosphere at Blundell Park.

I agree it wasn't the best game but, considering the conditions, I thought we did our best to keep it on the deck and handled the conditions quite well. We were much better in the second half and it can't help playing a team who clearly weren't bothered. It begs the question why Gateshead (presumably) didn't agree to finish it on the day and only further highlights their twatish nature.

My main criticism again from Town is Hurst and substitutions and set plays. We ran one corner early in the first half and the wind carried it too far then it was back to the normal cross it in and hope for the best. Why don't we ever play it short or mix it up? Subs - time and time again, he leaves them too late. Paddy coming on with 5 minutes to go? Why bother? Give them 20-30 minutes. Especially in a game like that, where, according to the general consensus, it's not a big deal if we lose.

Toto, agreed, man of the match.

And, one last thing, great to see Oster back at BP as a Skegness lad myself. I'm still astounded that he's managed to convert himself into a centre midfielder though. Has to be one of the laziest players I've ever seen but I loved him at Town.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 69 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.