This thread currently has 6,749 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
brad_gtfc
November 23, 2014, 1:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
I like Hurst but I do feel he'll never get us out of this league, with this squad and a different manager we'd walk it in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 48
Mariner Ronnie
November 23, 2014, 3:02pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
just listened to the interview, didn't think there was anything wrong with what he says :S

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 48
Maringer
November 23, 2014, 7:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Meh. Nothing exciting or noteworthy there - a similar sort of interview to those we always get. He doesn't like to criticise the players much (even if we think they deserve it!) and doesn't go overboard in praise after a good result, either.

Can't see why anybody would get hot and bothered about this interview, to be honest.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 48
Grantham_Mariner
November 23, 2014, 8:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
They could have been directing their boo's towards PH not the players.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 48
SamTheMariner
November 23, 2014, 9:31pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
Quoted from GrimRob
He managed to persuade most of our better players to stay in the summer so the players obviously like him and want to play for him. That matters far more to me than what he says in interviews.

Absolutely correct! I'm not sure Rodman would be first choice considering the form of Arnold or Neilson. Neilson was our best player in the second half.

Oh by the way, do we know if Pell is staying he's got gradually worse and Clay is a better, tackler, passer and adds more energy.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 48
chicaneuk
November 23, 2014, 9:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 5
Personally I admire Hurst for having the balls to speak his mind on such matters. I've grumbled and booed at a game but at the end of the day, the man speaks the truth. I'm frustrated with our inconsistent form and some questionable decisions and changes he makes but he is right when he says to look at where we are in the table.

If were given the option at the start of the season to be in second place in the table by the end of November, we'd have jumped at it. Now we're there, suddenly it's not good enough?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 48
kingster72
November 23, 2014, 9:51pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
I said a few weeks ago I could not go to another game whilst Hurst was in charge, I like many others don't have the faith in him to deliver what this team should be worthy of, promotion!  He has without doubt the best squad in this division and as someone else said, we should be walking this league this season. That's why fans are frustrated with his 1 up front negativity.  Anyway I went yesterday, despite saying I would not go under Hurst again, big mistake, I'm out now, not wasting more money and time to watch the team that should be brutal if playing to their potential, just crumble due to lack of management.  I want to be proud of Town, but it is always waiting for the fall with PH.  As for booing?  I didn't, but of course people are entitled, it is frustrating watching the best team on paper, fail to deliver again. He should have gone long ago and whilst still in charge, it will always be so near, but so far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 48
oldun
November 24, 2014, 8:33am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I did not notice anything in his interview to get our knickers in a twist over. He can only answer the questions put to him. He did change personel and formation during the game, ok maybe he could have done so earlier. His reamark about booing was a bit surprising given the frustration, perhaps he could have balanced it better by saying he does not like to hear it but understands the feelings of some fans. It happens at all clubs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 48
arryarryarry
November 24, 2014, 11:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from oldun
I did not notice anything in his interview to get our knickers in a twist over. He can only answer the questions put to him. He did change personel and formation during the game, ok maybe he could have done so earlier. His reamark about booing was a bit surprising given the frustration, perhaps he could have balanced it better by saying he does not like to hear it but understands the feelings of some fans. It happens at all clubs.

It does but reading some of the posts on here you would think it was only a GTFC issue.

I've mentioned it before that I have never before or since heard booing like it at Sunderland when we went one nil up and Lawrie Mac was in charge of them.

In fact I had a business meeting last week with a Sunderland fan and Lawrie Mac is a legend in being one of the most hated people in football for Sunderland fans.

I would also add that managers are on a slippery slope when they start having a go at fans. Alan Buckley did and he alienated quite a section of Town support despite being one of our most successful managers ever.  

Private Message
Reply: 38 - 48
fleabag1970
November 24, 2014, 11:30am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Buckley often had a go at the fans for booing or worse still not coming to games ................................Thing is Buckley had every right to have a go , he had nothing to prove to the Town fans . Hurst still has everything to prove and should sympathise with the paying customers...........

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › HURST OUT OF ORDER IN INTERVIEW

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.