5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
November 22, 2014, 10:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Can't see the interview on the OS yet, usually on straight away.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 48
chaos33
November 22, 2014, 10:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from AlanPoutonsTackle
Hurst gets far too defensive when interviewed a bit like his style of play. he needs to accept that supporters have the right to boo a poor performance and that he has questions to answer sometimes after a game. If his teamtalks and management style are like his  interview style then I'm afraid he's not going to progress much as a manager. He aint that inspirational. We have been doing ok lately but our performances need to improve, and we do need a goalscorer

Agree.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 48
poomehellt
November 22, 2014, 10:21pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: +44
That's it, had it with Hurst. Going to take up train spotting rather than watch this defensive shower of ....

Guessing it will be platform 4 at Donny on Sunday 28th Dec wasting my money being a sad twit rather than attend the local derby match whilst this crap goes on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 48
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
November 23, 2014, 1:23am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Hurst has often come off as defensive in his interviews, can't recall him admitting mistakes or going into detail about where the teams need to improve either, still don't know what to make of him most of the time after all these years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 48
GrimRob
November 23, 2014, 8:27am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,402
Gold Stars: 113
He managed to persuade most of our better players to stay in the summer so the players obviously like him and want to play for him. That matters far more to me than what he says in interviews.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 48
Sussexmariner
November 23, 2014, 8:52am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from GrimRob
He managed to persuade most of our better players to stay in the summer so the players obviously like him and want to play for him. That matters far more to me than what he says in interviews.

I would guess getting a bigger wage than most clubs would prepare to pay plays a large part in persuading players to stay at our club, well done Fenty

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 48
LongEatonMariner
November 23, 2014, 9:07am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Bruce Springsteen
he has to be sacked immediately

You are very funny Brucey. I nearly peed myself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 48
Rick12
November 23, 2014, 10:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from AlanPoutonsTackle
Hurst gets far too defensive when interviewed a bit like his style of play. he needs to accept that supporters have the right to boo a poor performance and that he has questions to answer sometimes after a game. If his teamtalks and management style are like his  interview style then I'm afraid he's not going to progress much as a manager. He aint that inspirational. We have been doing ok lately but our performances need to improve, and we do need a goalscorer
Strikes me like that as well.Nice enough guy but lacks some motivational skills

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 48
Rick12
November 23, 2014, 10:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from GrimRob
Don't surprise me Robb.Thats the impression I always had of him.Nice person and  listening to some of the other managers I would tempted to play for Hurst if I was good enough. Sometimes though I question whether we would be in a worse position or better with Scott still at the helm. My judgement probably thinks the former. Hurst is the nice guy who doesn't rub players up the wrong way.Scott on the other hand may have had the passion but I feel sometimes his over enthusiasm may have got in the way of other things.Eg pushing players to much all the time and treating them like robots. Players are humans and need to be treated as such and not automated machines who  perform week in week out.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 48
Doubled
November 23, 2014, 10:12am
season ticket holder
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +43
I don't understand how booing helps the team?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › HURST OUT OF ORDER IN INTERVIEW

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.