This thread currently has 5,647 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
October 8, 2014, 1:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
I find it incredible, despite the team's poor showing so far this season that fans of the club are now openly talking of not going to watch them. It's when teams are at their lowest ebb that they really do need as much backing as possible. If you think that the manager isn't the right person to lead them that's fair enough, but don't take it out on your team ffs.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 54
oldun
October 8, 2014, 1:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I wish a certain individual sitting near me would stop coming to games, that would improve my enjoyment at BP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 54
arryarryarry
October 8, 2014, 1:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from GrimRob
Alternatively the board slash the budget next season to match whatever the attendance drops to. At the moment the budget is for a gate around 3500 but there is nothing to stop us setting one for 2000. We'd have to make people redundant and get lesser players. Ultimately the town of Grimsby gets the team it deserves.

I would suggest that the club gets the fans it deserves, playing crap football in a crap league, what do you really expect?

Private Message
Reply: 12 - 54
arryarryarry
October 8, 2014, 1:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from oldun
I wish a certain individual sitting near me would stop coming to games, that would improve my enjoyment at BP

Well politely ask John Fenty to move then.

Private Message
Reply: 13 - 54
GrimRob
October 8, 2014, 1:24pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from arryarryarry

I would suggest that the club gets the fans it deserves, playing crap football in a crap league, what do you really expect?

People make their choices. There are other teams in the town you can go and watch, one day someone may establish AFC Grimsby, who knows. If the demand is there people will watch football, if not they won't.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 54
GrimRob
October 8, 2014, 1:37pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from carrot top
[/b]

Dont quite agree with that Rob. The budget in my eyes needs to be used effectively. Football is all about entertainment and 'Im afraid that we are not being entertained. It hurts fans when we are consistently poor and many people just do not wish to watch sub standard football as we are being served up with at the moment. I realise we are where we are but how low can we go. It is a worrying situation that I never thought I would have to witness in 50 yrs of watching the Mariners. I really want our fortunes to turn, but feel that the current regime cannot facilitate it. The result therefore is dwindling attendances.

We can go an awful, awful lot lower than we are now. In ten years time might might be wishing we were at the level of budget and support we are now.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 54
psgmariner
October 8, 2014, 1:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
The fates of Stockport and Darlo are terrifying. Both similarish in terms of size, potential etc.

Private Message
Reply: 16 - 54
MuddyWaters
October 8, 2014, 1:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from GrimRob

We can go an awful, awful lot lower than we are now. In ten years time might might be wishing we were at the level of budget and support we are now.

And we will if we carry on with our most recent results. Football is part of the entertainment industry, and there's very little of that at BP at present. I guess the club lost 10k last night in a reduction in receipts which should surely be the message. New manager required, new strikers required or the new stadium will remain a figment  of someone's imagination.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 54
carrot top
October 8, 2014, 1:49pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from GrimRob

I suppose it is all about expectations. I expect us to be higher than we are now. I can't help but feel that way. I want to support my team and live with the highs and lows. It's just that there are no longer any highs. It feels like constantly being hit with a stick. Struggling to score against teams like Southport, Nuneaton and Altrincham is a very sad state of affairs. Supporters will not put up with it and vote with their feet if they can't see that the current regime are not doing enough to rectify the situation.

As a lifelong fan I would much rather be on here praising our team. Some drastic change is needed.

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 54
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 8, 2014, 1:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from GrimRob
Alternatively the board slash the budget next season to match whatever the attendance drops to. At the moment the budget is for a gate around 3500 but there is nothing to stop us setting one for 2000. We'd have to make people redundant and get lesser players. Ultimately the town of Grimsby gets the team it deserves.

I think it's in everyone's interest to only make 1 person redundant

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Attendance tonight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.