Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 235 Guests

Time to pull the trigger

This thread currently has 7,918 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
October 5, 2014, 9:35am
Guest User
[quote=228]

We only have four board members. One definitely wasn't there and John Fenty certainly didn't go by train. The other two as far as I'm aware didn't travel to the game together. You may be right but isn't there just a possibility that you've been "wound up"?

quote]

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/two-new-board-members-977208.aspx

Dave Robert, Jon Wood and Chris Parker (Chris Parker replacemeant) now are all on the board. On top of that there is obviously Fenty.

Are Michael Chapman, Philip Day and  John Elsom also on the board as well?
Reply: 80 - 86
October 5, 2014, 9:35am
Guest User
[quote=228]

We only have four board members. One definitely wasn't there and John Fenty certainly didn't go by train. The other two as far as I'm aware didn't travel to the game together. You may be right but isn't there just a possibility that you've been "wound up"?

quote]

Dave Robert, Jon Wood and Chris Parker (Chris Parker replacemeant) now are all on the board. On top of that there is obviously Fenty.

Reply: 81 - 86
barralad
October 5, 2014, 10:22am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from 1739
[quote=228]

quote]

I've no idea where you get the idea that Chris Parker is on the board from. I'm pretty sure one of Elsom and Chapman are no longer and I don't know who Philip Day is!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 86
October 5, 2014, 10:34am
Guest User
Quoted from barralad

I've no idea where you get the idea that Chris Parker is on the board from. I'm pretty sure one of Elsom and Chapman are no longer and I don't know who Philip Day is!

I was under the impression that he was. He probably isn't.

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/new-director-on-board-1201500.aspx

Reply: 83 - 86
MuddyWaters
October 5, 2014, 12:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad

I find it quite concerning that the Trust board don't know who's on the club board

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/club/whos_who/
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 86
LookBackInAngers
October 6, 2014, 12:46pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +93
Very wet drive down.Almost as wet a performance by many of the "team",BUT still we should have won.Don't know what that tells us.Will a good win on Tuesday paper over the cracks or provide encouragement for two tough and distant away games?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 86
grimsby pete
October 6, 2014, 12:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from GrimRob

How can you possibly say this? !.

It's a total guess on your part. The problem with making him caretaker is that he could easily get 3-4 wins under his belt, get the job by default, and turn out to be rubbish. Then we'd have to pay both him and PH off and start from scratch.  "2

If we can't get a suitable replacement lined up straight away then the simple answer is to change manager in the summer than it can all be done properly.

1      I just open my mouth and words come out  

2    Who can say anybody will make a success of anything unless you give them a chance, I did say c/taker unless we have somebody lined up,

3   So we wait until the end of the season and we still have not got a striker signed, gates will drop off and cost the club any money we would have to sign any decent players the new manager might want,

The time to act is now while we can still turn this season into a promotion season,

Not wait until it's too late.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time to pull the trigger

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.