9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
GyMariner
October 4, 2014, 5:28pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
I haven't missed a home game out of choice for my whole life barring being ill or away, and this is the first time where i just don't want to go anymore. A change may bring a spark of life back.

Act now Fenty.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 86
louth_in_the_south
October 4, 2014, 5:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
No motivation , that was clear from the first minute .  Enoughs enough . That performance was pathetic , and as manager he's responsible ultimately. Decision time for Mr F and he knows it now .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 86
Marinerz93
October 4, 2014, 5:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Belfast Town
The decision surely rests on whether promotion is now a lost cause this season. A new manager will need time to bed-in and will not achieve promotion, so the season has to be written off before we find a new manager. I don't think we're in this postion.......yet.

This is a good post and one that can be answered by Christmas or even probably now.  We have played 14 games, are now 12 points off top spot and 6 points of the play off's.

Personally I would give him until Christmas, if we are not in the play off's and performing as a promotion chasing team then he goes.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 86
jonnyboy82
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from DavidB
6 points from the play-offs, two-thirds of the season left, at least 2 key players to come back from injury - an away draw, and moving up a couple of places - yet it seems some people can't wait to get back on the 'sack the manager' bandwagon (I wonder how many actually saw the performance first hand today, rather than listening to the radio commentary?).

Oh for fvck sake !

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 86
DavidB
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +192
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
No motivation , that was clear from the first minute .  Enoughs enough . That performance was pathetic , and as manager he's responsible ultimately. Decision time for Mr F and he knows it now .

Were you at the game? Or is this just your view based on the commentary?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 86
louth_in_the_south
October 4, 2014, 5:31pm

Exile
Quoted from DavidB
6 points from the play-offs, two-thirds of the season left, at least 2 key players to come back from injury - an away draw, and moving up a couple of places - yet it seems some people can't wait to get back on the 'sack the manager' bandwagon (I wonder how many actually saw the performance first hand today, rather than listening to the radio commentary?).

I saw it , did you ?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 86
DavidB
October 4, 2014, 5:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Approval: +192
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Oh for fvck sake !

Interesting response.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 86
louth_in_the_south
October 4, 2014, 5:34pm

Exile
Quoted from DavidB

Interesting response.

Were u there davidB?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 86
Stevie Saunders
October 4, 2014, 5:35pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +363
95% of the problem is up top
Would any of our strikers get in the teams above us? No they wouldn't

Quick check of match stats from other matches today shows a number of teams above us had same shots on target... but they won cos they are ruthless, lethal and consistent in front of goal

Defensively we are one of best in league but we have to have the capability of winning games 2-1, 3-2, 4-2 etc... and we are miles away

We are treading water and despite being pretty patient, pretty supportive of the manager I feel it's time for a change

We are not progressing (injuries to key players has not helped) and the failure to entice a goalscorer to BP is becoming increasingly hard to fathom

Lose or draw Tuesday and he'll be gone - 2700/2800 crowd I would think and that could be the deciding factor whatever happens... even a 1-0 win and bore fest

We need a man manager, a motivator to spark a very good squad at this level; you can have all the coaching badges in the world but if you can't inspire then it's pointless

Hurst has done a decent job but it's time to be bold and say enough is enough; if he goes I hope he gets a job in football cos he's a decent, honest man.

I would like to see a young manager, possibly his first job, ex-Prem Lge or Championship player looking for a step up on managerial ladder; if they are keen enough they'll come here...Martin O'Neill started at Grantham

Why not gamble? I'd hate a journeyman, been around the block type...the club and fans need a huge lift and a feeling of optimism

UTM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 86
arryarryarry
October 4, 2014, 5:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from DavidB

Thanks for the comments Mrs Hurst, nice of you to come on here.

Private Message
Reply: 19 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time to pull the trigger

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.