Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Question about the manager.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 175 Guests

Question about the manager.

This thread currently has 7,029 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
October 4, 2014, 12:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from GrimRob

They don't have one. They are deluding themselves that PH is anywhere near being sacked. Two terrific wins followed by one disappointing defeat is not the precursor to a sacking. We'd have to lose multiple games close together and fall completely out of the play-off picture. At the moment we are very much in the hunt for  promotion and are more or less on the same points total as all the other fancied runners. No doubt they too have vocal minorities on forums calling for their heads, if you look hard enough.

It saddens me that people are this flipping deluded.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 62
ackomariner
October 4, 2014, 12:10pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from friskneymariner
Spot on Mariner Tommy, I have been supporting Town for over fifty years,each game means a 100 mile round trip.
In all those years close relatives have died ,relationship have come and gone ,children have been born, grown up and left the nest.The one constant in my life has been Grimsby Town,however I am nearly at the point when enough is enough.
I am sorry to say this ,but I am so frustrated at the inability of the management to address what is the bleeding obvious,that I am questioning my commitment.
The thing is Mr Fenty if I feel like this how many others feel similar.

It's a crying shame that you and many others with all those years supporting town are having these feelings as you describe, personally I think it's terrible.

I said after last season that I wouldn't renew my season ticket this year, but after all the statements from mr fenty, ph, ect.......I bought my two tickets for myself and my lad, but feel as though I've been lied to by the club and if ph and golden balls Lewis are still here next year then I won't be putting myself through it again.

Something needs to change drastically at the club from top to bottom for us to move forward, because were still in free fall after ten years and still falling IMHO

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 62
Abdul19
October 4, 2014, 12:35pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Quoted from TAGG

I have stopped going to watch Town once that was about 10 games into Newell's reign but went straight back after he left UTM

Great time to return!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 62
pontoonlew
October 4, 2014, 12:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from GrimRob

They don't have one. They are deluding themselves that PH is anywhere near being sacked. Two terrific wins followed by one disappointing defeat is not the precursor to a sacking. We'd have to lose multiple games close together and fall completely out of the play-off picture. At the moment we are very much in the hunt for  promotion and are more or less on the same points total as all the other fancied runners. No doubt they too have vocal minorities on forums calling for their heads, if you look hard enough.

I've felt the need to reply twice to this because I just can't get my head round it. Few questions;

Do you really believe people are calling for Hurst's head after one defeat? That the past year of desperately boring shite followed by the predictable play-off crash has been ignored (it has by you anyway) and people want him out because of 1 loss?

Do you see 10 points off top spot after just 13 games as acceptable?

Who are all these fancied runners we share the same points with Rob? Penniless Macclesfield perhaps? Newly promoted Eastleigh? How about Lincoln?

Do you seriously believe it's a minority? Honestly, you actually honestly have told yourself that?

Wake up Rob.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 62
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 4, 2014, 12:56pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from pontoonlew

I've felt the need to reply twice to this because I just can't get my head round it. Few questions;

Do you really believe people are calling for Hurst's head after one defeat? That the past year of desperately boring shite followed by the predictable play-off crash has been ignored (it has by you anyway) and people want him out because of 1 loss?

Do you see 10 points off top spot after just 13 games as acceptable?

Who are all these fancied runners we share the same points with Rob? Penniless Macclesfield perhaps? Newly promoted Eastleigh? How about Lincoln?

Do you seriously believe it's a minority? Honestly, you actually honestly have told yourself that?

Wake up Rob.

I'm beginning to think Rob has become a new breed, the trolling mod !  

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 62
rancido
October 4, 2014, 1:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
I think the real manager is sat in the directors box and has been for some years
The only thing missing is the walki talki

So this " real manager " picks the team and insists on LJL inclusion all the team? Maybe all these comments about PH not knowing what he is doing should really be aimed at " the real manager"!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 62
TownSNAFU5
October 4, 2014, 1:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Over the last 2 seasons we have some excellent results and performances.  We have also had some dire performances and results.  The extreme contrast here highlights a) what can be achieved, and b) how poorly we can play.

The manager and team are are only consistent in their inconsistency.  This is so frustrating for the fans.  The manager seems to have a flaw in his character and/or managerial qualities that leads to these dips in results.  With the pattern established, it is likely to continue in the future.  Can we live with that?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 62
highcliff mariner
October 4, 2014, 2:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from ginnywings

That is not the task of the fans, it is the task of the board. Other clubs seem to find successful mangers, even if it takes a few attempts.

The fact that we turned to Neil Woods in our darkest hour shows how clueless the decision makers are at this club. They just seem to be happy to pootle along in the Conference as long as we look like we might get a play off spot and maybe a bit of dosh from a cup run or two.

Also Rob keeps referring to a vocal minority which is not my experience. Just about every Town fan i know (quite a lot) is not happy with Hurst at the helm and most of them have stopped going to games. I've missed the last 2 myself and that's something i haven't done for a long time.

The Scunny and Huddersfield games last season reminded me what it is supposed to be like watching football but occasions like that are as rare as rocking horse excrement nowadays.

Like many, i've been bored into submission.

Just about sums up how i and those around me feel, Like tagg i missed a season or two (last in the league and 1st in this shitehole) ut i'm starting to wane again , hence why we are sat on here watching the rain instead of at Dartford , DARTFORD !  
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 62
friskneymariner
October 4, 2014, 3:00pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
As I have said previously the most disturbing aspect is that people are becoming so resigned to mediocrity that apathy is setting in,that is more toxic than any comments made on this board.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 62
Mariners_15
October 4, 2014, 4:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ginnywings

That is not the task of the fans, it is the task of the board. Other clubs seem to find successful mangers, even if it takes a few attempts.

The fact that we turned to Neil Woods in our darkest hour shows how clueless the decision makers are at this club. They just seem to be happy to pootle along in the Conference as long as we look like we might get a play off spot and maybe a bit of dosh from a cup run or two.

Also Rob keeps referring to a vocal minority which is not my experience. Just about every Town fan i know (quite a lot) is not happy with Hurst at the helm and most of them have stopped going to games. I've missed the last 2 myself and that's something i haven't done for a long time.

The Scunny and Huddersfield games last season reminded me what it is supposed to be like watching football but occasions like that are as rare as rocking horse excrement nowadays.

Like many, i've been bored into submission.

Nail meet head, well said Ginny...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Question about the manager.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.