Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Question about the manager.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 202 Guests

Question about the manager.

This thread currently has 7,081 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Fcukthescunts
October 3, 2014, 5:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
In answer to original question I think it slightly depends on what went on behind scenes when joint managers. If Hurst was slightly more senior then potentially long enough if not and Scott was then more time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 62
Marinerz93
October 3, 2014, 6:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from rancido
I think PH would be a good manager for a club at this level with no aspirations of getting any higher. He would suit a part-time club who saw their position in this league as the highest they could ever attain eg  Dover ,Welling, Telford or Altrincham. I'm not having a go at these clubs but in general they have reached their limit and so has PH.

This point of view is the best way to rate Hurst, he may develop what it takes in a few seasons but at this moment in time he doesn't have the mental hardness required to command a standard of play that ensures consistency.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 62
brad_gtfc
October 3, 2014, 6:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
I like Hurst, I just don't think he's the manager to get us out of this league. I've supported him alot, and for me, I judge him on his time on his own here. The thing is for me, from what I've seen, we've got some quality players in there but the current manager isn't getting the best out of them. We have had such an inconsistent start to the season and the changes in personnel and formation haven't helped. Granted some of them have being enforced. With the players we have available we need to stop worrying about the opposition and just be more positive, ball on the floor, quick tempo. Lennie gets alot of stick, but he's chipped in with a few assists with some lovely passes so why we insist on constantly going long I'll never know. I feel we need a management change as we have the players there, we just need a slight change of ethos and for me Paul seems a little bit stuck in his ways and abit stubborn.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 62
kingster72
October 4, 2014, 6:45am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
The question I have is, why are we going into today's game with him still in charge?  

We'll win today to give him two more games, he'll lose one and draw one and so, on and on, and on, and on....  

He should have been sacked towards the end of last season, he wasn't.  He should have been sacked in the summer, he wasn't.  He should have been sacked after several low points already this season, he hasn't been.  What dirt does he have on Lord Fenty?  Probably none, just further illustration that JF has no clue, which is why he needs to go too.

Happy Saturday everyone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 62
codcheeky
October 4, 2014, 7:34am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from kingster72
The question I have is, why are we going into today's game with him still in charge?  

We'll win today to give him two more games, he'll lose one and draw one and so, on and on, and on, and on....  

He should have been sacked towards the end of last season, he wasn't.  He should have been sacked in the summer, he wasn't.  He should have been sacked after several low points already this season, he hasn't been.  What dirt does he have on Lord Fenty?  Probably none, just further illustration that JF has no clue, which is why he needs to go too.

Happy Saturday everyone.

How do you know this? Do you have a hotline to Fenty or are you just following the negative bolocks on here half of it spouted by "fans" who don`t even bother to go.  who would you replace him with? All the constant critisisers should at least be a little constructive and come up with a name or two of managers who have a better track record and would be willing to come to Grimsby
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 62
GrimRob
October 4, 2014, 8:09am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from codcheeky

How do you know this? Do you have a hotline to Fenty or are you just following the negative bolocks on here half of it spouted by "fans" who don`t even bother to go.  who would you replace him with? All the constant critisisers should at least be a little constructive and come up with a name or two of managers who have a better track record and would be willing to come to Grimsby

They don't have one. They are deluding themselves that PH is anywhere near being sacked. Two terrific wins followed by one disappointing defeat is not the precursor to a sacking. We'd have to lose multiple games close together and fall completely out of the play-off picture. At the moment we are very much in the hunt for  promotion and are more or less on the same points total as all the other fancied runners. No doubt they too have vocal minorities on forums calling for their heads, if you look hard enough.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 62
TAGG
October 4, 2014, 8:30am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from GrimRob

They don't have one. They are deluding themselves that PH is anywhere near being sacked. Two terrific wins followed by one disappointing defeat is not the precursor to a sacking. We'd have to lose multiple games close together and fall completely out of the play-off picture. At the moment we are very much in the hunt for  promotion and are more or less on the same points total as all the other fancied runners. No doubt they too have vocal minorities on forums calling for their heads, if you look hard enough.

I don't know who you talk to or where you sit at the games but all this about ''vocal minoritiies'' is as far as i can see balderdash.
At the game and in the boozer before and after every game I have not heard any one say they want Hurst to stay in fact its the opposite.
I think I'm in a very large 'vocal majority'
Hurst out before it to late to change anything.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 62
MuddyWaters
October 4, 2014, 8:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from GrimRob

Our home form is simply not good enough to get us promoted. It wasn't last season and it won't be this. Why? Because our negative manager doesn't send his team out to impose themselves and spends too much time worrying about the opposition. Add that to an obsession with a non scoring strike force and you have no chance.

I'll also add that the club needs to soon decide whether it wants to be a big fish in a crap league with a crap stadium or something better than that because a new stadium is a pointless exercise at our current level.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 62
MuddyWaters
October 4, 2014, 8:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from codcheeky

How do we know whether or not they would come and work for Mr Fenty? Don't forget that Scott/Hurst weren't first choice!
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 62
ginnywings
October 4, 2014, 9:07am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from codcheeky

That is not the task of the fans, it is the task of the board. Other clubs seem to find successful mangers, even if it takes a few attempts.

The fact that we turned to Neil Woods in our darkest hour shows how clueless the decision makers are at this club. They just seem to be happy to pootle along in the Conference as long as we look like we might get a play off spot and maybe a bit of dosh from a cup run or two.

Also Rob keeps referring to a vocal minority which is not my experience. Just about every Town fan i know (quite a lot) is not happy with Hurst at the helm and most of them have stopped going to games. I've missed the last 2 myself and that's something i haven't done for a long time.

The Scunny and Huddersfield games last season reminded me what it is supposed to be like watching football but occasions like that are as rare as rocking horse excrement nowadays.

Like many, i've been bored into submission.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Question about the manager.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.