6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
September 22, 2014, 11:29pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from GrimRob
To a lot of people having a drink or two before the game adds to the experience. I don't see how anyone can have a go at anyone who actually makes the effort to trek across the country to watch their team live. Save your contempt for the plastics who spend the day watching their "team" in a pub and jumping up and down and shouting at a screen.I bet most of them drink a lot more as well.

Oh how I wished I could have stayed in the pub in Donny half an hour or so longer.

On my way home yesterday afternoon I had a 1 hour 20 minute wait at Donny train station so went out of the station and into a pub which was showing the Leicester v Man Utd game which was full of Man U plastics getting excited and shouting and cheering "their" team onto another comfortable win. I had to leave with Man Utd 3-1 up.

Would loved to have been in there as Leicester rattled in the 4 goals that came after.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 56
gaz57
September 23, 2014, 7:37am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
It helps you sing when your drinking. UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 56
ex-merseymariner
September 23, 2014, 7:46am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,397
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Les Brechin
The way I look at it these days is that it's not a proper awayday if you arrive after noon and I'm obviously going to spend the majority of the lead up to the game in the local public houses rather than looking round the shopping centres.

What about the.museums les

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 56
Richard
September 23, 2014, 8:36am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +59
Quoted from gaz57
It helps you sing when your drinking. UTM  

we could sing this instead of fishing

everywhere we go ,everywhere we go
its the grimsby boys makin all the noise

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 56
St. Pauli
September 23, 2014, 10:56am

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Richard Cranium
All I seem to read on here is what booze establishments are the fans visiting on their GTFC days out.
They don't  seem to care about the importance of our teams performances,
Saddos

... so ... at least once you wanted to start a thread ???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 56
MyDogsThoughts
September 23, 2014, 12:07pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
GTFC watching is not the same without a beer or three inside you.

Les was in the same two pubs as me on Saturday and the second pub (the King & Castle) was full of football fans from both teams chatting about their teams and interchanging knowledge with each other. Real Ale rather than Lager was being drunk and normal football fans actually do get on with each other in pubs that cater for ale lovers, beer and football can bind people no matter who you support.

I have followed GTFC for many, many years and always try and get at least one pint in before the game no matter where it is, my CAMRA Good Beer Guide is consulted before leaving home and like loads of others I often enjoy the pre-match pint more than the football we have played over the last few years.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 56
grimsby pete
September 23, 2014, 12:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I love football,

I love Grimsby Town,

I love wine,

What's the matter with that ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 56
lobsterpot
September 23, 2014, 2:41pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
These days watching town is such a bind that it is all about the day out, getting merry then come 5 to 3 the football kinda gets in the way it's that bad but it's also the reason we go out for the day in the 1st place so always doable IMO.
Next month we've got a carful going to Torquay for the weekend. 2 of them have no interest in town but are coming along to get sloshed and goto the game. Sad barstewards need to get a life eh? No this is life

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 56
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 23, 2014, 4:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
It drops the inhibitions!!!!

How sh1te have grounds gone now there's no drinking. We get no more streakers for a start

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 56
Marinerz93
September 23, 2014, 5:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
GTFC watching is not the same without a beer or three inside you.

Les was in the same two pubs as me on Saturday and the second pub (the King & Castle) was full of football fans from both teams chatting about their teams and interchanging knowledge with each other. Real Ale rather than Lager was being drunk and normal football fans actually do get on with each other in pubs that cater for ale lovers, beer and football can bind people no matter who you support.

I have followed GTFC for many, many years and always try and get at least one pint in before the game no matter where it is, my CAMRA Good Beer Guide is consulted before leaving home and like loads of others I often enjoy the pre-match pint more than the football we have played over the last few years.

Is this you drinking with your 'Pal's

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/4jqf41.gif[/IMG]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Booze more important than GTFC

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.