Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Stevie Saunders

As previous, I get no pleasure from defeat
Really?

Yet I see none
Not strictly true - two play off spots and a Wembley final

A reduced budget yet still 3000 loyal fans propping up a club with over 3 million debt, benign or otherwise.
Remarkable isn't it that these loyal fans support their club so passionately and GTFC hasn’t gone the way of Darlington, Rushden etc despite not being able to attract investment and still remaining remarkably competitive

I want us to win every game and every defeat means an increased likelihood of staying in this league. Play off spots mean nothing if they don't result in promotion and the Wembley final is a final that wouldn't be available if we weren't in the Bananarama league.

Also, it's remarkable that Darlington and Rushden always get mentioned whilst other clubs that haven risen from the ashes (Rotherham, Luton, Oxford and others) don't. Truth is that nobody knows what would have happened if we had gone into administration.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 102
barralad
September 18, 2014, 2:46pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from TAGG

I do listen win lose or draw.
It would be good if the Trust guys start listening and putting forward the concerns of the majority of the fans.  
It may be that I dont get in or around the Directors box every game that I don't hear a good word to be said about Hurst
Hurst will never get this club promoted.

Send me some lines for the typo  

I can only assume you have me mixed up with someone else. I go nowhere near the Directors box. As for your views being the views of "the majority of fans" it is questionable whether those views are shared by a majority of posters on here-never mind the fan base as a whole.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 102
nickmariners
September 18, 2014, 9:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +513
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from TAGG

Head in sand or up somewhere else if you think "most fans still have faith in the manager"
Look at the polls on her and try listening to the fans.
On the way out the ground & in the pub after Saturdays game not one voice did I hear in his support in fact most wanted him out.

Your view doesn't reflect that of the majority of the fans that I know - most of whom are reasonable and realistic about where we are and what PH is doing.

To be fed up with Town's plummet down the Leagues is common to all fans, and to be concerned about us turning it all round again is a universal feature of being a Town fan. Having accepted that shared starting point, constant moaning doesn't strike me as being insightful, helpful or supportive.

Personally, I try to enjoy each game as it comes, and get behind the team. Without a credible "regime change" plan, relentless complaining doesn't help the team, the club, or anyone.

Wake up at the back!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 102
MuddyWaters
September 18, 2014, 9:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Quoted from nickmariners

Your view doesn't reflect that of the majority of the fans that I know - most of whom are reasonable and realistic about where we are and what PH is doing.

To be fed up with Town's plummet down the Leagues is common to all fans, and to be concerned about us turning it all round again is a universal feature of being a Town fan. Having accepted that shared starting point, constant moaning doesn't strike me as being insightful, helpful or supportive.

Personally, I try to enjoy each game as it comes, and get behind the team. Without a credible "regime change" plan, relentless complaining doesn't help the team, the club, or anyone.

Wake up at the back!

So we just need to cough up £18 a game and wait?
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 102
ivanosandwich
September 18, 2014, 9:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So we just need to cough up £18 a game and wait?

Yes, because as fans, supporting the team on the pitch is all we have control over.

We don't pick the team, we don't attend training, we don't buy players.

As fans, all we can do is turn up, spend £18 and support the team, who incidentally often comment on how the support can and does make a difference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 102
TAGG
September 18, 2014, 10:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from nickmariners

Wake up at the back!

Relentless acceptance of mediocrity doesn't help.  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 102
MuddyWaters
September 18, 2014, 10:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Quoted from ivanosandwich

Yes, because as fans, supporting the team on the pitch is all we have control over.

We don't pick the team, we don't attend training, we don't buy players.

As fans, all we can do is turn up, spend £18 and support the team, who incidentally often comment on how the support can and does make a difference.

Propping up mediocrity and the debt that no-one wants.
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 102
Stevie Saunders
September 18, 2014, 11:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
Mediocre? Yes
Propping up debt? Yes
But what the hell can you do about it other than stop going which I have no intention of doing
I've been 'married' to Grimsby Town for over 30 years and, for better for worse, you don't walk out on your 'spouse' when the going gets tough

Support is vital to any partnership

UTM!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 102
jonnyboy82
September 19, 2014, 5:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Mediocre? Yes
Propping up debt? Yes
But what the hell can you do about it other than stop going which I have no intention of doing
I've been 'married' to Grimsby Town for over 30 years and, for better for worse, you don't walk out on your 'spouse' when the going gets tough

UTM!

What about if you feel that spouse has so much potential but keeps leading you a merry dance ?

You want a divorce but cant say goodbye..

Welcome to GTFC.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 102
rancido
September 19, 2014, 4:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
Mediocre? Yes
Propping up debt? Yes

UTM!

" God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
  Courage to change the things I can,
  And the wisdom to know the difference ".

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Well done players and gaffer

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.