headingly_mariner
September 16, 2014, 11:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,316
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from KK_DOG
I am fully behind the Manager and fully behind the team. We were excellent tonight.

Completely agree, I thoroughly enjoyed our performance tonight, I think with a bit of luck with injuries and a couple of key loans we will see this team go on a bit of a run.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 102
sparko501
September 16, 2014, 11:50pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +97
Yay let's all be negative, we were pants, sack hurst, we have no forwards, no one cares about the fans, there's no passion, players don't want it enough, LJL is poop, Disley shouldn't be playing etc etc.......

It's getting a bit boring now!

I thought it was a good point earned tonight, a hard club to face.  Next stop Kidderminster, back the players and the staff, come Christmas we will be up there, sat in 3rd with 2 new forwards and a nice home game against Lincoln to win

Our team put a lot of work in to everything they do week in week out for a conference side, which some fans forget, that we are a conference side.  Onwards and upwards!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 102
pontoonlew
September 16, 2014, 11:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,834
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Completely agree, I thoroughly enjoyed our performance tonight, I think with a bit of luck with injuries and a couple of key loans we will see this team go on a bit of a run.

The team can certainly go on a run.

Whether or not the manager will facilitate that is an all together different question. One that I think will take a lot of games to convince fans he will. The lack of consistency is a huge concern, as is the fact a Professional Football manager deems it everybody elses fault but his own for everything, including the fact he's failed to sign a striker after looking for 3 months. It's fine saying injuries haven't helped, but no team with our budget should be down to one striker at any point of the season.

He's still got time in my eyes to prove that, these good performances just shows fans that it can be done. Which is why there is a huge reaction if he makes decisions that hinder that, such as the previous few games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 102
denni266
September 16, 2014, 11:56pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
seems the rose tinted glasses are out again.. nothing has changed, he has to go if we want to get out of this hell hole
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 102
sparko501
September 17, 2014, 12:01am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +97
Quoted from denni266
seems the rose tinted glasses are out again.. nothing has changed, he has to go if we want to get out of this hell hole

And who would you prefer to be in charge? Untied of course ......

And who do you think would want to take the job?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 102
cod_head_doug
September 17, 2014, 12:11am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 3
if you want a straw-poll on tonights performance look no further than the 456 of us who applauded the team and manager off the pitch at the end of the game. With the exception of Paddy and Biggy, every senior player that was fit was playing, and what a shift they put in. Daft free kick and goal conceded in the first 5 minutes but the work rate after that was exceptional, as was the passing game we produced. Neilson was just class and caused them no end of problems. Clay and Brown were like terriers in midfield. We need a few players back from injury or on loan to make the difference. I think the loss of Boyce and Thomas has hit us hard. See you all at Kidderminster for another all action episode.

Bobby Cummings is my hero ! The main reason I am a Cod Head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 102
arryarryarry
September 17, 2014, 12:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from chicaneuk
This 'regime' is doing no worse than those that have come before it in the last couple of years. In fact this 'regime' got us further last season than we've gotten in several years.

So I'd argue we haven't fallen under this 'regime' -  we just haven't gone anywhere better. Yet.

All though I can't really speak for the Old Codger, I assume he was referring to the JF regime not just Paul Hurst's

Private Message
Reply: 36 - 102
FishOutOfWater
September 17, 2014, 12:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from cod_head_doug
if you want a straw-poll on tonights performance look no further than the 456 of us who applauded the team and manager off the pitch at the end of the game. With the exception of Paddy and Biggy, every senior player that was fit was playing, and what a shift they put in. Daft free kick and goal conceded in the first 5 minutes but the work rate after that was exceptional, as was the passing game we produced. Neilson was just class and caused them no end of problems. Clay and Brown were like terriers in midfield. We need a few players back from injury or on loan to make the difference. I think the loss of Boyce and Thomas has hit us hard. See you all at Kidderminster for another all action episode.

That's good to hear Doug  

There've been plenty on here tonight who think that we might as well not have bothered taking the point from what seems to have been a hard earned draw but the feedback from someone who was there witnessing the endeavours of the team (and the manager too) has a much greater bearing than anyone of us who didn't go and had to rely on radio commentary
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 102
barralad
September 17, 2014, 9:06am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
The Usual Suspects out on here embarrassing themselves again. The only common link I can find between them is that none of them appear to have been there. I didn't speak to anyone during or after the game who wasn't impressed with the whole Town performance..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 102
barralad
September 17, 2014, 9:07am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from sparko501

And who would you prefer to be in charge? Untied of course ......

And who do you think would want to take the job?

Sparko:- They cannot come up with a viable, available alternative with better credentials than Hurst

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Well done players and gaffer

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.