September 17, 2014, 9:17am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from pontoonlew

The team can certainly go on a run.

Whether or not the manager will facilitate that is an all together different question. One that I think will take a lot of games to convince fans he will. The lack of consistency is a huge concern, as is the fact a Professional Football manager deems it everybody elses fault but his own for everything, including the fact he's failed to sign a striker after looking for 3 months. It's fine saying injuries haven't helped, but no team with our budget should be down to one striker at any point of the season.

He's still got time in my eyes to prove that, these good performances just shows fans that it can be done. Which is why there is a huge reaction if he makes decisions that hinder that, such as the previous few games.

Your lack of any discernable grasp of the financial considerations for teams at our level is mind-boggling. How on earth can any team plan financially for the instance of injury to three strikers (if you include Arnold)?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 102
barralad
September 17, 2014, 9:19am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Harry Haddock

I take it we wont be seeing you on here until next season then ?

We can but hope.....At least a decent run will have that added bonus-conspicuous by his absence when we win....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 102
jonnyboy82
September 17, 2014, 9:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from barralad
The Usual Suspects out on here embarrassing themselves again. The only common link I can find between them is that none of them appear to have been there. I didn't speak to anyone during or after the game who wasn't impressed with the whole Town performance..

I hope you are omitting me from any judgement you have cast down.

I am simply saying yes we got a point and it seems the 1st half was good but it needs to carried on with another result at kiddy.

we have 5 wins in the league in the last 19 matches going back to end of last season, that is poor form no matter how you look at it.

i didn't even realise it was that bad tbh.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 102
Chrisblor
September 17, 2014, 9:33am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from barralad
The Usual Suspects out on here embarrassing themselves again. The only common link I can find between them is that none of them appear to have been there. I didn't speak to anyone during or after the game who wasn't impressed with the whole Town performance..

This mammary for tat nonsense is getting pathetic. Grow up and accept that some posters are allowed to be critical if they want to be. It's not embarrassing or negativity in most cases - there have been a lot of well considered critiques of the squad and Hurst's shortfallings from some of the so called 'Usual Suspects'. For example yes we played well last night, but if we'd had a striker who could hold the ball up then we'd probably have gone on to win. Hannah put in loads of effort last night, but it was so easy for their defenders to knock him off the ball when it was played into his feet and that led to many of our attacks breaking down. Hurst has to take some blame there because he didn't sign enough strikers, and failed to bring one in after two of them were injured. Drawing last night doesn't make up for the fact we have made stupid defensive mistakes, missed a number of clear chances and dropped points in recent games.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 102
nickmariners
September 17, 2014, 9:38am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +513
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Mariner21
Zzzz yay well done lads!!!!!!! FFS did you go? We was garbage most of the time. Yeah we huffed and puffed but it's not good enough. Why the intercourse do we keep accepting failure?? PH is inconsistent. His managerial reign has proved this and I can't see it changing.

Wow --  Specsavers have a deal on.  

God knows what stratospheric standards you apply to football, but we were most definitely not "garbage".

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 102
headingly_mariner
September 17, 2014, 9:41am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from pontoonlew

The team can certainly go on a run.

Whether or not the manager will facilitate that is an all together different question. One that I think will take a lot of games to convince fans he will. The lack of consistency is a huge concern, as is the fact a Professional Football manager deems it everybody elses fault but his own for everything, including the fact he's failed to sign a striker after looking for 3 months. It's fine saying injuries haven't helped, but no team with our budget should be down to one striker at any point of the season.

He's still got time in my eyes to prove that, these good performances just shows fans that it can be done. Which is why there is a huge reaction if he makes decisions that hinder that, such as the previous few games.

I think it is fair to say he has been unlucky with injuries so far this season and has not always been able to play as he would like, I tend to agree with him that i don't see any point in signing someone just to boost the numbers of the squad, they have to be good, the players that we have brought in this season look to have real quality and Paul clearly has an eye for a player, a lot on here were furious that he signed Clay and to be honest from what i have seen if he continues to play as he is, he will be the best central midfielder we have had since being at this level.

A striker will come in and i have confidence that he will sign a good one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 102
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 17, 2014, 9:45am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from barralad

Sparko:- They cannot come up with a viable, available alternative with better credentials than Hurst

You are absolutely right Barra. Obviously JF isn't going to take any action without a better available alternative unless the side fails to win for a good number of games and slides away from the play off places. Even then he will hang on until the last minute.

That doesn't mean we should be satisfied with what we've got, on the back of one point away from home after two bad defeats, does it?

We always seem to be making the best of a bad job. So many false dawns, so many rose tints. I'm afraid it has got to the stage after all these years of mismanagement and disappointment that I will only believe this club is seriously on the mend when we are 4 points clear at the top of the Conference with a game to play. Until then, my cynicism will withstand all these one-off "we've turned a corner" type performances.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 102
Rick12
September 17, 2014, 9:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Hagrid
Full credit to the players for a battling point, could have been 3 as we know but in the circumstances we have to be happy! All us fans should we be saying a big well done! Onwards and upwards to saturday, the key now, more than ever! CONSISTENCY
Good to read.With hard work and dedication a lot can be achieved.Hopefully come end the end of the season we are in the playoffs or even winning the league although I admit its a tough call given we are a bit of the pace already

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 102
pontoonlew
September 17, 2014, 10:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from barralad

Your lack of any discernable grasp of the financial considerations for teams at our level is mind-boggling. How on earth can any team plan financially for the instance of injury to three strikers (if you include Arnold)?

Arnold's primary position isn't up front though is it? Anybody could see that 3 strikers (one with a history of injuries) wasn't going to be enough. In fact Hurst knows that himself yet has spent 3 bloody months failing to find one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 102
MuddyWaters
September 17, 2014, 11:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad

Praised the performance on another thread, but as I've said before, celebrating a point at Halifax is hardly a ringing advert for the Fenty regime is it?
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Well done players and gaffer

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.