Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Why do people leave the ground early?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 10 Guests

Why do people leave the ground early?

This thread currently has 11,550 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
DNMariner
February 12, 2013, 8:20am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +100
Oh you're such a better fan for staying longer than everyone else! They've paid for their ticket, they can do whatever the intercourse they want for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 58
wigworld
February 12, 2013, 8:36am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from aaron rattray
I go down from the stand in the 85 minute and i stand where the ambulances park when im in the main stand then i go out the pontoon way so i can applaud the players, if im in any other stand i stay in my seat until the full time whistle has blown most of the time if not i stand at the front of the stand, so i never leave early

You can't sit still! No wonder I never see you.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 58
topuphere666
February 12, 2013, 8:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from wigworld

You can't sit still! No wonder I never see you.

He likes to keep you on your toes when playing spot the rat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 58
oldun
February 12, 2013, 8:57am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Never ever left a game early. And probably never will

I am with you on this Wozo. Never in 60 years of watching Town and I don't intend to start now (unless they have to carry me out!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 58
biggles9999
February 12, 2013, 9:05am
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Never left a game early but why are people complaining about people nipping out early at HT?

Its difficult enough getting to the loo and a drink at HT, if you need to and most people would rather be back at the seat for the start of the 2nd half. Going that couple of minutes early at HT means you see all of the second half. If you went with everybody else you would potentially miss 5/10 mins of the 2nd half (when theres a big(ish) crowd)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 58
chicaneuk
February 12, 2013, 9:09am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
I've never left a game early (and indeed never understood people leave 10 minutes before the end of the game!) but have to hold my hands up to being the guy who gets up before half time to grab some refreshments, for several reasons:

* Often there's people I want to chat to at half time.. can't do that if I'm queueing for a drink that whole time
* Whilst I'm there to enjoy the game I don't need to see EVERY SINGLE SECOND thats occurring.. it's enough to be able to hear what's going on
* I just don't like to queue - and am happy to miss a minute or two of the game in order to beat the queue

For what it's worth if I was well into a row of people I wouldn't get up and would just wait till half time but if I'm at a ground where we're all standing and I'm near the front (which I normally am) then I'll go!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 58
Sconeboy
February 12, 2013, 9:10am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 2
I think the majority of us have probably got up and walked out as we've conceded a final blow goal in the 89th minute. There's been millions of times we've been say 2-1 down, and they wen't and scored another one in the dying minutes, and you just think to yourself 'righhhhht time to go', with the game finishing to a handful of people left!

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 58
ginnywings
February 12, 2013, 9:15am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Given the amount of late goals we conceded under Newell and Woods, i think the players left early most games.

Can't see an issue with people coming and going as they see fit. They pays their money....................
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 58
mariner83
February 12, 2013, 9:23am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
People queuing up for burgers blocking the front few rows of the ponny grinds my gears.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 38 - 58
MCT_grimsby
February 12, 2013, 9:27am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Dont understand it myself the last to home games people leaving 7 minutes early. Dont see the point and think that the players deserve clapping of the pitch after earning us 3 points

UTM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Why do people leave the ground early?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.