Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Why do people leave the ground early?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 27 Guests

Why do people leave the ground early?

This thread currently has 11,512 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
FishOutOfWater
February 12, 2013, 1:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Les Brechin
I've only left a game early once when we were 4-0 down at Barnsley and it had been pissing down all game.

New Years Day 1983 Les?

If so...I was there but stayed to the bitter end  

And on another rain sodden day out at Luton when we lost 6-0 I still stayed till the final whistle

Which all goes to prove what a sad bar steward I must be!  

Seriously though, I can't ever recall leaving when the game's still in play...I accept there could be genuine reasons for leaving but for me it's see it right through all the time

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 50 - 58
DubaiMariner
February 12, 2013, 2:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Does it even matter? You do what you like. I've left plenty of times when i've been bored/game won/lost as you're straight out and away to the pub/home. Plus, many of these fans then huddle around the corners of the ground for injury time, so don't actually leave.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 58
Southwark Mariner
February 12, 2013, 2:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Gold Stars: 82
I was tempted to leave Braintree away early last season. Stayed to the rather bitter end but not for the car park encounter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 58
Welwynmariner
February 12, 2013, 3:32pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Done it plenty of times at half time. Though mostly when newell was in charge!

I walked out of the away game at Barnet the season we got relegated and was amazed at the number of others who were already outside.

I don't mind if we lose but I do mind if we play like we did under Newell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 58
FishOutOfWater
February 12, 2013, 6:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from mariner91
Only ever left one game early and that was the 3-0 loss to Torquay the year we went down. One of the most gutting gutless performances I've ever seen.

Just edited that a little to show you what my take on it was...

Flies right in the face of those who said they prefer Neil Woods' football to S&H's

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 54 - 58
Sweden
February 12, 2013, 6:33pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +318
Gold Stars: 8
A friend of mine went to Berlin in Germany to see the World Cup qualifier last fall between Germany and Sweden. He left the game early in the second half when Germany led 4-0. The match ended 4-4. We remind him about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 58
tintowner
February 12, 2013, 6:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
The (very) cold night at BP against Salisbury in the FA Cup. People were leaving the Findus and then Duffy pops up to force extra time. Some came rushing back in but a few (probably because of the cold) didnt bother.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 58
JoeTheMariner
February 12, 2013, 6:51pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +52
Never left early.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 58
Rodley Mariner
February 12, 2013, 6:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I've left early plenty of times when we've been playing excrement and getting well beaten. I've got a 80 mile drive home and if I can be home 5 minutes earlier or watch another 5 minutes of a heavy defeat I know which one I'd choose. I left Hartlepool just before half time when we lost 8-1 - who's the more foolish, me or the people who spent another hour in the ground?

That said I haven't left any games early this season as we've never been out of a game I've attended.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Why do people leave the ground early?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.