Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Why do people leave the ground early?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 3 Guests

Why do people leave the ground early?

This thread currently has 11,500 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
February 11, 2013, 10:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,180
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from aldi_01
I always wonder if these people walk out before a films finished at the cinema too??

but do you stay and watch the credits...players walking off is comparable to that......do you stay at the cinema until the entire reel of film has completely finished......or at the game until every player has walked down the tunnel?
I personally make my way down the stand a minute into injury time normally and mooch at an open corner until final whistle and then offski.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 58
LongEatonMariner
February 11, 2013, 10:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from moosey_club

but do you stay and watch the credits...players walking off is comparable to that......do you stay at the cinema until the entire reel of film has completely finished......or at the game until every player has walked down the tunnel?
I personally make my way down the stand a minute into injury time normally and mooch at an open corner until final whistle and then offski.

Yes I watch the credits and yes I clap the players off. Every game. Even the 4-0 loss at Xmas the other year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 58
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 11, 2013, 10:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
In the good old days when we used to get 5 figure crowds I used to make sure I was ready to sprint out on the final whistle because my bike was left in one of the gardens on Cons Avenue. If you didn't get there quick it would be buried under all the others. Later on I confess I did leave 2 or 3 minutes early sometimes to escape the traffic because in those days it really could take you 30 minutes to get onto Grimsby Road and as far as Isaacs Hill and if you wanted more than one pint after a night match you had to get the car out fast.

Not just at Town though. A lot of people at the big clubs used to do it simply because of the crush through the gates.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 58
Manchester Mariner
February 11, 2013, 10:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Just the one early finish watching Town for me, when Rotherham tonked us by 4 or 5 goals at the Don Valley and we had Toni Ameobi up front. I just thought sack this for a game of soldiers and favoured getting the first tram possible although it felt like a proper walk of shame having to walk the long way round the top of that athletics stadium for everyone to see. Awful day.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 58
80sglory
February 12, 2013, 12:29am
Guest User
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Why rush for the toilet queue/bar/kiosk?

Have you seen the crush down the stairs in the Upper ?
If you can get out and back in before the 2nd half kicks off when there's a big crowd you're doing well.  

They should open that exit door past the bogs so people who want to go outside don't have to walk all the way through the bar.

Quoted from jamesgtfc
If anything, show respect to those around you who are still watching the game.

A good point but you've got to be mindful that people e.g. might need a urine or something.
I wouldn't want to do it (I mean leave before HT) but dont see why people get annoyed.
Reply: 24 - 58
aaron rattray
February 12, 2013, 7:18am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
I go down from the stand in the 85 minute and i stand where the ambulances park when im in the main stand then i go out the pontoon way so i can applaud the players, if im in any other stand i stay in my seat until the full time whistle has blown most of the time if not i stand at the front of the stand, so i never leave early

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 58
Doctor Sanchez
February 12, 2013, 7:21am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 1
Leaving early is impossible for me.  It would be like trying to pull out during the vinegar stroke.

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 58
topuphere666
February 12, 2013, 7:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
I left early at Hillsborough (7-1) but that has been the only time.

Like others when in the upper ill make my way down to the front rows for injury time then head for the exit on the whistle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 58
Enoughpepper
February 12, 2013, 7:34am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
I never leave early, the annoying part of those that leave early, is when the game gets a little exciting in the last few minutes and the person who has chosen to leave early decides to stop and watch that moment of the game stood in front of people in the front few rows blocking there view. If you have made the decision not to watch the full match you have paid your hard earned for, kindly hurry out of the way of those that want to support there team until the end.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 58
Mrs Doyle
February 12, 2013, 8:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Annoys the hell out of me you have to get up and let these people out. Same with late comers you get settled and are enjoying the start then some pillock makes everybody get up because he usually has a seat somewhere in the middle of a tier. Never an issue with standing but it is with seating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Why do people leave the ground early?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.