flash1
December 18, 2012, 8:26pm
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
Quoted from 75
This is ridiculous. We have a ground that holds about 10000 people and we are not being allowed a reasonable allocation. I don't know if this has something to do with that football 'liason' officer or what but it needs sorting. It's stupid that this lad has to offer £50 for a ticket for a game when there will be about 5000 empty seats in the ground. We will have Town fans in the Lincoln end all over the place, it's stupid.

Absolutely pathetic, I'm disappointed with everyone involved. Let's have the truth as this is utter nonsense.

Apparently Our liason officer has asked lincoln for an extra 500 tkts for town fans to avoid potential problems but lincoln have refused!

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 106
barralad
December 18, 2012, 8:39pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Whilst I'm very sorry for anyone unfortunate enough not to have a ticket I don't understand where they would be able to fit many more Town fans without compromising the segregation rules. Further along that stand there are, apparently a lot of Lincoln season ticket holders. Now, if the boot was on the other foot and I was asked to vacate my seat to accommodate fans travelling to my ground once a year I wouldn't be very happy. I suppose you could hold Lincoln responsible for the very poor accommodation behind one of the goals but it is what it is.
I'm actually more interested in how their stewards/police intend on enforcing the "sit in the seat you're allocated" idea.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 106
grimps
December 18, 2012, 8:41pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 48
Were not really  big club ,were just a lot bigger than Lincoln thats all !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 106
Grantham_Mariner
December 18, 2012, 8:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,221
Gold Stars: 52
Quoted from flash1

Apparently Our liason officer has asked lincoln for an extra 500 tkts for town fans to avoid potential problems but lincoln have refused!

Their Directors should be sacked/on trial as it is the responsibility of the directors to make as much profit as possible for the share holders. It can not be that big a problem to give use more tickets.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 106
siy2k5
December 18, 2012, 8:50pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Their Directors should be sacked/on trial as it is the responsibility of the directors to make as much profit as possible for the share holders. It can not be that big a problem to give use more tickets.

£8k gross, plus catering sales turned down, great business sense Gimps

Has anyone told them that they aren't playing Liverpool now...

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 106
laitey
December 18, 2012, 8:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -7
this is bang out a fellow mariner paying £60 for a NON LEAGUE bog standard ticket worth £16 !

PS respect to you Andy you really don't want to miss out do you  

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 106
Grantham_Mariner
December 18, 2012, 8:55pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,221
Gold Stars: 52
So Town fans not allowed in Lincoln End? So if I win two tickets on Radio Lincolnshire will I get arrested if I use them?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 106
siy2k5
December 18, 2012, 8:58pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
So Town fans not allowed in Lincoln End? So if I win two tickets on Radio Lincolnshire will I get arrested if I use them?

Hung, drawn and quartered  

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 106
grimps
December 18, 2012, 9:09pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 48

NO BECAUSE THERE IS NO LAW AGAINST IT ,WHATEVER THEY TRY AND TELL YOU
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 106
cod_head_doug
December 18, 2012, 9:09pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 3
I would have thought it was the police liason  officers duty to ensure the safety of the paying public, whether it is Lincoln or Grimsby people who are put at risk. Surely he should be pressing his counterpart at Lincoln to get common sense in play with their directors and avoid any potential problems. I remember being turfed out of my season ticket seat in the lower findus when we played Chelsea in the 80,s and only a few days ago against Buxton they shut our stand and we had to go in the pontoon. It is no hardship for one game a season. They have to look at the big picture, what are our wonderful constabulary going to do if 500 Grimsby fans turn up without tickets and start getting angry ? If they sell them tickets beforehand and let them in to Sincil Bank, they will earn money, add to the atmosphere, avoid extra police costs and potential laws suits ! Come on you control freaks, we are having the best year we have had for over a decade at Grimsby, and all we want to do is support our team, stop pisssssing us off and sort it
Rant over........for now.

Bobby Cummings is my hero ! The main reason I am a Cod Head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Give us your lincoln ticket for £50

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.