Wrawby_Mariner
December 17, 2012, 1:30pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from rancido

Intimidating and hostile to the visiting team but surely not for their supporters. Visiting supporters might be put off visiting our ground because of our " hostile and intimidating " attitude towards them with a resulting drop in revenue. It might not be that significant in the BSP but it could be more damaging in the Football League.

I think VOR is dead right on this one. Fans will come to BP regardless of the state of that bar. The fact is that is doesn't make enough money to open. When we get back into the Football League then it would probably be a different story. It wouldn't be viable to spending money on it yet, not until we know the bigger picture.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 70 - 76
Chrisblor
December 17, 2012, 1:55pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,877
Gold Stars: 237
If a dingy bar puts you off going to watch your team in an away match you're not watching football for the right reasons. If a plush seat and fancy catering is what you're after then you should probably go buy a season ticket at the Emirates.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 76
voice of reason
December 17, 2012, 2:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from rancido

Intimidating and hostile to the visiting team but surely not for their supporters. Visiting supporters might be put off visiting our ground because of our " hostile and intimidating " attitude towards them with a resulting drop in revenue. It might not be that significant in the BSP but it could be more damaging in the Football League.

Nope, sorry Rancido I'm back to disagreeing with you.... If we make it intimidating for away fans whilst they're in the ground, within reason of course, then it will filter through to the away team too and maybe have a slight negative impact on their performance, IMO...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 76
rancido
December 17, 2012, 4:11pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,604
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from voice of reason

Nope, sorry Rancido I'm back to disagreeing with you.... If we make it intimidating for away fans whilst they're in the ground, within reason of course, then it will filter through to the away team too and maybe have a slight negative impact on their performance, IMO...

I'm glad the status quo has been re-instated  

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 76
voice of reason
December 17, 2012, 5:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from rancido

I'm glad the status quo has been re-instated  

Ha, not the only one... When I first agreed with you I did question whether I had gone completely bonkers or, if indeed, you was actually speaking sense for a change... Amazingly you was actually speaking sense and of course I hadn't gone bonkers...    

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 76
SlouchyMetal
December 17, 2012, 6:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +8
who's got a problem with my bar?

Party on Wayne
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 76
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 17, 2012, 7:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,868
Gold Stars: 178
Anyone notice what they had at Newport? Trellis (sp) tables selling cans. Did it intimidate anyone? No. Was it just good to be able to get a drink at half time? Yes. It was there as an add on for away fans. I've been to loads of away games with town, both league and non league, and how many times have we been able to get a beer at half time? Plenty. If people don't like it, fu(k em!! If the reason they are going to a game is to have a "plush pint" then they are going for the wrong reasons!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The bar in the away end

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.