7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
BIGChris
October 27, 2012, 5:33pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Should have won. Their keeper made 5 decent daves although some of them you would expect your keeper to make.

They looked decent going forward but very shaky defensivly.

They should have had a penalty in the first minute and the one they did get was nailed on. Silly challenge. Stay on your feet and hold him up!

Neilson over did the dribbling today, got very frustrated, lashed out and collected a deserved red card.

We werent terrible, werent outplayed from start to finish but got nothing out of the game.

We really need a different option up front as many have suggested. Elding does nothing for me, Hannah is a box player and a decent finisher but hasnt got a great all round game. Cook needs to develop and Soutwell isnt ready to start games on a regular basis. I still think GPearson could do well but if he cant get in the matchday 16 then that says it all.

Very cold in the Upper
Private Message
grimsby pete
October 27, 2012, 5:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,841
Gold Stars: 222
What is a dave ?  

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 62
jock dock tower
October 27, 2012, 5:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Wasn't at the game, obviously as I was at Auchinleck (we beat Clydebank 5-1) but looking at the games today in the Conference not a single game was won by the home team. Must surely be some kind of record?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 62
aldi_01
October 27, 2012, 5:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Disagree about the red card. Very close to it and if we are calling that serious foul
Play or violent conduct we've got massive problems with the game.

Macc should've had a penalty in the first half but their second half was another that some days you get some days you don't.

We didn't take our chances and however good their keeper was we still need to take those chances we have. We seem to lose our shape after substitutions and that's when it goes wrong. Luckily with the exception of Luton results went in our favour and we have the chance to bounce back next week.

The only positive for me is we would never have conceded were it not for the penalty and we played well u like the last home league game.

On wards and upwards. Dig deep, turn it around next week and on we go. We need positivity and to make our own luck.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 62
STB
October 27, 2012, 5:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +66 / -22
I didn't go today but I had to drop my daughter off home in Barcroft Street at 4.45, luckily, I missed the traffic.

My mate Carl went to his first match since he returned to the UK last month, he described the game as 'pi55 poor and soul destroying'

Can't wait until the Lincoln games.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 62
Marinerz93
October 27, 2012, 5:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
You could also add that they had one player in midfield doing the work of two of ours, he ran everything for them and covered the same amount of ground as Niven and Disley.  This is the type of player we have been crying out for and our lack of spine is worrying when all teams have to do is be a bit pushy and close us down.  We are lucky we haven't dropped many places and the sooner the players step up and put in dominant performances at home the better.

We have lost the last 3 home games were the other team wanted it more and their lad in midfield played like he had been given the freedom of BP.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 62
BIGChris
October 27, 2012, 5:43pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from aldi_01
Disagree about the red card. Very close to it and if we are calling that serious foul
Play or violent conduct we've got massive problems with the game.

That was a red card in any match at any standard and always has been. You boot someone in frustration no where near the ball then you deserve a red card. Violent conduct
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 62
AndyGTFC
October 27, 2012, 5:44pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +807
Gold Stars: 5
Should've won that. Definitely a bit of a smash and grab from Macc. It's hard to criticise us too much, their keeper had a very good game and we created a lot of chances in the second half but we just couldn't stick the ball in the back of the net. While we were busy going for it to try and get the win, they broke and got a penalty.

Luckily, we haven't lost any ground. Hopefully, we can bounce back next week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 62
gymadman
October 27, 2012, 5:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Neilson should be fined and sent back to Crawley, their keeper was excellent,Hannah was invisible,Colebeck what did he offer so we are not a good enough team to win this league, make the play off's maybe if we get lucky but I fear several more years at this level, not a knee jerk reaction just an honest opinion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 62
gymadman
October 27, 2012, 5:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Neilson should be fined and sent back to Crawley, their keeper was excellent,Hannah was invisible,Colebeck what did he offer so we are not a good enough team to win this league, make the play off's maybe if we get lucky but I fear several more years at this level, not a knee jerk reaction just an honest opinion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 62
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.