7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
October 27, 2012, 6:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,988
Gold Stars: 80
By the way, I'm pretty sure it's a 3 game ban for violent conduct. Nice one Neilson you tool!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 62
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
October 27, 2012, 6:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
My complaints are Neilsen today went all makofo on us and had about 8 million touches without giving it to anyone, Elding upfront I don't care if he won two headers and made a succesful pass in the 56th minute like im probably going to hear about, it was a weak performance and he just can't hit the net, he barely scores any in the warm up before the game he's just gone shocking. And my third is the tactical change near the end when they put Cook on for Niven, That was maybe the substition of the season. I know we had the two corners but I feel like we lost momentum for a good few minutes after that sub, couldn't keep hold of the ball anymore. Very very frustrating game, their keeper made some ALRIGHT saves but they weren't the type of shots that would normally go in 99% of the time.
I disagree with doctower I think we did play as a team (apart from neilsen who I thought held on to the ball too much today) we just weren't direct enough and didn't have that confidence anymore.

Oh and our fans are excrement aswell how can we lose 1000 fans because we lost a cup game that none of those fans attended, when before the game we had the chance of being second and otherwise have been in good form.

Positives were that it was nice to have a drummer again even if he had no sense of rythm whatsoever, I had a chicken balti pie and it was hot and amazing, and the results sort of went our way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 62
jonnyboy82
October 27, 2012, 6:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from gymadman
Neilson should be fined and sent back to Crawley, their keeper was excellent,Hannah was invisible,Colebeck what did he offer so we are not a good enough team to win this league, make the play off's maybe if we get lucky but I fear several more years at this level, not a knee jerk reaction just an honest opinion

You not giving knee jerk reactions but want to send our best player back to crawley and fine him too.

Brilliant!

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 62
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
October 27, 2012, 6:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Btw does anyone have any greg pearson updates, I think we need him upfront
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 62
gymadman
October 27, 2012, 6:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Quoted from jonnyboy82

You not giving knee jerk reactions but want to send our best player back to crawley and fine him too.

Brilliant!

Besy player today..you blind...one good game in every three, or do you not attend games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 62
aaron rattray
October 27, 2012, 6:48pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
I thought cook came on too late

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 62
jonnyboy82
October 27, 2012, 6:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from gymadman

Besy player today..you blind...one good game in every three, or do you not attend games

Attend every home game and some away and i would say scott neilson is an excellent player and for you to question that says it all really.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 62
Mariners_15
October 27, 2012, 6:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Our 3rd season at this level and we still aren't clever or cute enough to break teams down that simply come here and frustrate us. Teams know exactly what they are doing. Oh and by the way how the feck did Elding stay on for 90 mins? He won about 2 flick ons, may be being harsh on him but was probably his most ineffective game since he's been here. Credit to their keeper too, made 3 or 4 cracking saves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 62
GrimRob
October 27, 2012, 6:57pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,474
Gold Stars: 115
9 times out of 10 Town would have won or drawn the second half. Macclesfield hit the jackpot. Thought they looked good in the first half, but overall we would have won on points if it was a boxing match or a diving contest. That's football. Not a single home win in the BSP today, or League 1. Freak result one of many on a freak weekend, don't do anything drastic.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 62
bradzmilne
October 27, 2012, 7:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,435
Gold Stars: 30
I actually thought we looked alright and just didnt have an end product.
Very inconsistent reffereeing i thought today, Maccs had a stone wall pen turned down in the first half in front of the pontoon but then got a very soft one up the other end. Not sure if the ref was trying to make up from the first decision. I didnt see exactly what happened for the red but by what ive heard and seen on here he just had a real red mist momment and deserved his punishment. Other than that i thought he was a class act today but sometimes tried to do to much.
I dont want to sound like a boo-boy but am not jumping on any band wagon but elding misses to many chances for my liking. Today he cost us a point and this over his period of time here has become a regular occurance. I apprichiate that he gives more to the team than scoreing goals but surely bread and butter for a striker is to finish the chance provided? Saying that as soon as he pulls on a town shirt his always got my 100% support.
Hannah didnt have his greatest of games today but ive noticed alot from him that you wont see him for 70 minutes in a game he'll score and he'll fade out again. For that reason i would of tempted to keep him on for the full 90 minutes as you no that if a chance comes his way 99/100 times hell bag it.
Any where still in the play offs which is a definate positive.
Roll On Saturday
UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.