Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 35 Guests

Just back

This thread currently has 5,958 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
October 27, 2012, 10:05pm
Guest User
Fair enough barralad, footballs all about opinions.

tbf I don't particularly disagree with you, I'm not sure I'd start him next game myself.
Always tough to decide how long to stick with a player (or a partnership) but perhaps it's high time we looked at other options if only to compare.

I guess Cook/Hannah is one "target man + striker" partnership option but don't ask me who should start I've not really seen enough to form a confident opinion of anyone else.
Reply: 50 - 62
Abdul19
October 27, 2012, 10:20pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,638
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from wigworld
On McKeown: he's looked far more dangerous than Cook or Elding in the oppositions box the last two home games I've seen.
I suggest we stick him up front and put Greg Fleming in goal.  

The way he won the ball back when they broke out from their own corner suggested he could do a job in centre mid too!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 62
oldun
October 27, 2012, 10:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Several people have commented that they thought Kissock was a class player for them. No doubt he is a busy skilfully player but you  have to ask how much end product came from his efforts?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 62
80sglory
October 27, 2012, 10:33pm
Guest User
Good point, not that much.
Reply: 53 - 62
October 27, 2012, 10:35pm
Guest User
Quoted from BIGChris
Should have won. Their keeper made 5 decent daves although some of them you would expect your keeper to make.

They looked decent going forward but very shaky defensivly.

They should have had a penalty in the first minute and the one they did get was nailed on. Silly challenge. Stay on your feet and hold him up!

Neilson over did the dribbling today, got very frustrated, lashed out and collected a deserved red card.

We werent terrible, werent outplayed from start to finish but got nothing out of the game.

We really need a different option up front as many have suggested. Elding does nothing for me, Hannah is a box player and a decent finisher but hasnt got a great all round game. Cook needs to develop and Soutwell isnt ready to start games on a regular basis. I still think GPearson could do well but if he cant get in the matchday 16 then that says it all.

Very cold in the Upper

I've nothing to add to the above. A perfect summary, the last paragraph could have made at 14.59 today.
Reply: 54 - 62
Marinerz93
October 27, 2012, 11:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from oldun
Several people have commented that they thought Kissock was a class player for them. No doubt he is a busy skilfully player but you  have to ask how much end product came from his efforts?

His movement off the ball leaves our center midfield players to shame, if we had him I believe we would have won comfortably.  His movement and energy released other players to get into better positions and he gave his team mates options that ours haven't in the last 3 home games.  His link up play today was above this league and if you watched him he rarely made a mistake.  He could run with the ball, lay it off and read the game very well.  His performance today was twice that of our captain Disley.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 62
BlackBoots
October 27, 2012, 11:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Quoted from oldun

THIS

Kissock wanted the ball, ran across the pitch but never once played a pass forward to open us up. Yes he stood out with his flowing locks and size but he did sodomist all in the genuine creative side of the game.

The sort of midfielder who, if he played for us, would get lambasted for being a show pony with no substance!

He was also substituted
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 62
aaron rattray
October 28, 2012, 7:52am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
John paul kissock his name is, he was skillful but it was always the same thing foot on ball and drag it back but we wasn't clever enough to see that and form a plan to stop him, Hannah just didn't inspire me at all yesterday and i disagreed with scott and hursts substitutions, i would of taken of elding and replaced him with cook on 65 minutes, in my view cook is getting better, did Pearson get booked yesterday and is he suspended now against tamworth?

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 62
hook line and sinker
October 28, 2012, 8:59am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
Kissock a good busy hard working footballer but like mentioned above there wasnt much end product, maybe if he had better players around him he would look really good.Flattered to deceive a lot of the time as most of his creative work came to nothing. I wasnt impressed with them at all and if we had anything about us we wouldnt of lost the home games that we have.We are not ruthless enough i'm affraid to get out this league, not the way crawley and cheatwood was.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 62
chaos33
October 28, 2012, 9:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,985
Gold Stars: 365
And that's the key point. We don't have their qualities.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.