This thread currently has 3,865 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Cod Cheeks
August 19, 2012, 7:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Rob Scott is right, his players and most others in recent times have struggled to play at Blundell Park.

Why?....Because it is full of negative moaners who start to criticise as soon as things don't go our way.

If they kick it long, pass it short comes the cry..... if they pass it around, get it in the box early comes the cry from the same fans...

Booing them off after only the 2nd game is disgraceful and this has gone on for years

Negativity from the stands has transmitted to the pitch resulting in where we are now.

Different managers have come and gone, so have the players. All with the same tragic results.

We, the fans, are the common denominator that has stood between our demise and success.

Yes we turn up in numbers and there are a lot of fantastic fans but get shouted out by others (the type that scream and shout at kids teams on a Saturday morning) who think it is our given right to win every game in this league.

Year in and year out, confident players sign up only to be dragged down by the BP negativity

We blame everyone...players, managers, chairmen, the board but we ought to look closer to home.

We may not like it but RS is telling us the truth....ultimately it will cost him his job......and so we start again.

Try getting behind them for 90 minutes however they are playing and see if performances and results change!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
wigworld
August 19, 2012, 7:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
You may be right, but are we really that much different to fans of other clubs?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 45
ExLeightonMariner
August 19, 2012, 7:16pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +4 / -6
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
Rob Scott is right, his players and most others in recent times have struggled to play at Blundell Park.

Why?....Because it is full of negative moaners who start to criticise as soon as things don't go our way.

If they kick it long, pass it short comes the cry..... if they pass it around, get it in the box early comes the cry from the same fans...

Booing them off after only the 2nd game is disgraceful and this has gone on for years

Negativity from the stands has transmitted to the pitch resulting in where we are now.

Different managers have come and gone, so have the players. All with the same tragic results.

We, the fans, are the common denominator that has stood between our demise and success.

Yes we turn up in numbers and there are a lot of fantastic fans but get shouted out by others (the type that scream and shout at kids teams on a Saturday morning) who think it is our given right to win every game in this league.

Year in and year out, confident players sign up only to be dragged down by the BP negativity

We blame everyone...players, managers, chairmen, the board but we ought to look closer to home.

We may not like it but RS is telling us the truth....ultimately it will cost him his job......and so we start again.

Try getting behind them for 90 minutes however they are playing and see if performances and results change!!!

But to counter that, when they play well it's almost hero worship.  Hey look, if I turn up to work and perform way below expectations I don't expect praise, let's not allow the fragile ego's of professional footballers get in the way of criticism from the PAYING public.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 45
Super Clive
August 19, 2012, 7:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
So its all the fans fault again now?

Don't get me wrong I'm all for getting behind the team that's why I pay to watch my beloved club and only last Tuesday I got into an argument with some idiot that was boing at HT but to blame the fans is pathetic and I don't like that one bit/won't accept that.

I'm sorry but I don't agree.obviously we all would like bp to be a positive place but in reality no clubs ground is and you don't see them having the same trouble as us on the pitch.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 45
jonnyboy82
August 19, 2012, 7:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Cod Cheeks

Why?....Because it is full of negative moaners who start to criticise as soon as things don't go our way.i

So its the fans fault we are excrement ?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 45
ExLeightonMariner
August 19, 2012, 7:24pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +4 / -6
How many times have you stood next to the guy who seems totally ott in his criticism?  My dear departed father used to say 'oh he spends the week at work under his bosses thumb and every night under his wife's, cut him some slack'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 45
Codzilla
August 19, 2012, 7:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +11 / -3
THIS IS FLIPPIN RIDICULOUS. ARE YOU REALLY SAYING IT'S THE FANS FAULT WE'RE CONSTANTLY RUBBISH SEASON AFTER SEASON?????? UNREAL
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 45
mariner2000
August 19, 2012, 7:27pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +176
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Cod Cheeks

Gotta agree with this!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 7 - 45
Gary Haddock
August 19, 2012, 7:30pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
makes sense when you actually look it, too much of a coencidance that all managers in the last few years have been sacked because of the same bad results. maybe those who disagree whould look it up for themselves instead of being in denial, because they don't like it. I don't like it but it's the only reasonable explaination why no matter who is in charge the same results over and over.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 45
Cod Cheeks
August 19, 2012, 7:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Confidence is such a fickle thing

These are young men in a profession where confidence is essential to success, I agree we must all perform at work but any one of us would suffer and under perform if we were criticised  publicly at every eventuality

It is also true that we all pay for the pleasure but it seems to me that some fans pleasure is to show they know more than the managers and players by having a go.

I don't know what it is like at other clubs but my son spent a lot of time at Norwich watching their recent demise through the leagues and bearing in mind, they have played in Europe not so long back, the fans stuck with them.
Now he is back supporting the Mariners with me, he cannot believe the negativity.

Another thought is how this atmosphere will affect the younger fans coming through.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 45
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Home Truth

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.