RonMariner
August 20, 2012, 11:35am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,866
Gold Stars: 231
Difficult to play at BP?

Frankly that is a pretty pathetic excuse. It's the kind of desperate clutching at straws that suggests that the management have not the faintest idea how to address the real issue, i.e. how to put out a well organised team with a solid game plan.

We seem to have some good players for this level. So failure must rest largely with the men tasked with the selection, organisation, strategy and tactics.

When you are unable to beat a part time team who have been thrashed in both their previous games, I think the alarm bells must be ringing loud and clear.

I am sick of the inept and crass failure that has permeated this club for years and years.

It would be good to 'get behind the lads' if there was actually something solid to get behind.  As it is, we might as well 'get behind'  Boris Johnson to take on Mo Farah over 5,000 meters.

As you may have guessed, I am depressed. Again.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 45
Stranger in the Park
August 20, 2012, 1:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -187
Gold Stars: 7
I've copied this from another thread as I feel it sums up the situation-

On paper,and occasionally even in evidence on Saturday ,Town can play football .However, as I have previously posted ,the word has gone out to others in this league that all you have to do is stiffle the game to draw or win. Unfortunately Town are not equipped to play long ball tactics as we don't have any real target men.

S & H need to address this and so does JF as this is the reality of the current situation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
arryarryarry
August 20, 2012, 1:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
Rob Scott is right, his players and most others in recent times have struggled to play at Blundell Park.

Why?....Because it is full of negative moaners who start to criticise as soon as things don't go our way.

If they kick it long, pass it short comes the cry..... if they pass it around, get it in the box early comes the cry from the same fans...

Booing them off after only the 2nd game is disgraceful and this has gone on for years

Negativity from the stands has transmitted to the pitch resulting in where we are now.

Different managers have come and gone, so have the players. All with the same tragic results.

We, the fans, are the common denominator that has stood between our demise and success.

Yes we turn up in numbers and there are a lot of fantastic fans but get shouted out by others (the type that scream and shout at kids teams on a Saturday morning) who think it is our given right to win every game in this league.

Year in and year out, confident players sign up only to be dragged down by the BP negativity

We blame everyone...players, managers, chairmen, the board but we ought to look closer to home.

We may not like it but RS is telling us the truth....ultimately it will cost him his job......and so we start again.

Try getting behind them for 90 minutes however they are playing and see if performances and results change!!!

Firstly would you mind awfully if I ask you to remove your head from up your @rse and then may I ask where have you been for the past 10 years, and also one other suggestion, why not try going away and listening to the opposition fans when they have a good moan at their side, also try a game where Town are not involved you will see then it is not a "Grimsby" thing.

People who believe such nonsense are in my humble opinion fuckwits.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
carrot top
August 20, 2012, 2:04pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Fans fault my bottom. I've never heard so much tosh. These players are supposed to be Pro's FFS

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
roundballovalhole
August 20, 2012, 3:23pm
Guest User
Quoted from gymadman
but lets give them a little more than 270 minutes to find their feet  

Bloody hell, I knew they were pretty sh1t footballers but this is quite shocking!!!
Reply: 44 - 45
realityman
August 20, 2012, 7:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +9 / -69
Approval: +1
can't you all hear yourselves! your spouting the same arguments and counter arguments that you have been doing for years now but nothing changes. why don't you just stop and think a little. just answer one question hoestly:  has fenty been a success?   if you say yes i suggest you look in the mirror and answer the question again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Home Truth

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.