Abdul19
August 5, 2012, 7:38pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from biggles9999

Fair play to him for having confidence, but I dont quite remember him seeing Stockdale out of the team.....

The first season under Newell, Stockdale was a big part in tightening up our defence for me until his injury issues caught up with him. Unless Bradley has smashed him about in training I think Stockdale would still be in there now.

Yep, I think Stockdale's injury was the reason Brad got his debut in the first place (up against Jamie Devitt).

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 73
slide to unlock
August 5, 2012, 7:51pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -4
Right I started the threat let me finish it....?

Bradley wood is a great player. He gives everything for the shirt has done for years. Let's not forget the lad is only 20 an has played 90 ish games for Gtfc that is a fantastic achievement.. Yes he can over react at times in a tackle but wouldn't the fans rather have the commitment he shows than say someone that does give a shite weather he plays or not..

Bradley will play a big part this year and will be a vital member of the team again this year..

Competition is very good this year Bradley knows he's got to be right on his game to stay in the team as does all the players...

Can't understand the negativity towards brad, non of the fans complained when away at alfreton he made the journey with the fans and went to the pub and sat in the stands supporting the team.. Get off his back and support him and all the playing staff. If we the fans want to get out this shite league let's stop most of the negativity towards players and give the the confidence they thrive off, because I'm pretty sure players do read this. And if they do and all they see is negativity towards them do you think they would want to run/work hard for the fans..? Just a thought..

Let's get behind the lads and have a season to remember..this league is gash and we need to stick together and go on a journey that we remember in years to come.
Personally I think we have a very good squad that is more than ready to achieve this year, could be our best possible chance...

POSITIVE ALL YEAR ON HERE.. Think we can manager it? Doubt it tho..

UTM..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 73
Rick12
August 5, 2012, 7:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from slide to unlock

Let's get behind the lads and have a season to remember..this league is gash and we need to stick together and go on a journey that we remember in years to come.
Personally I think we have a very good squad that is more than ready to achieve this year, could be our best possible chance...

UTM..
great post though I wouldn't say its a gash league(lower level is probably the best way of putting it) as that's being disrespectful to other teams/players in it.I think every player who plays pro and semi pro deserves respect because they have achieved a certain standered   that not many in the general population will attain

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 73
slide to unlock
August 5, 2012, 8:09pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -4
When I say gash I mean from what we are used to over the years and wear we are now...

Yes we are in the lower tear league. But shouldn't be. That's why I say we should stick together and support the players as I'm sure they read this site and want help self confidence..

This is the year people lets get behind the managers and team. That's the only way we will move forward..

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 73
barralad
August 5, 2012, 8:12pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from slide to unlock
Right I started the threat let me finish it....?

Bradley wood is a great player. He gives everything for the shirt has done for years. Let's not forget the lad is only 20 an has played 90 ish games for Gtfc that is a fantastic achievement.. Yes he can over react at times in a tackle but wouldn't the fans rather have the commitment he shows than say someone that does give a shite weather he plays or not..

Bradley will play a big part this year and will be a vital member of the team again this year..

Competition is very good this year Bradley knows he's got to be right on his game to stay in the team as does all the players...

Can't understand the negativity towards brad, non of the fans complained when away at alfreton he made the journey with the fans and went to the pub and sat in the stands supporting the team.. Get off his back and support him and all the playing staff. If we the fans want to get out this shite league let's stop most of the negativity towards players and give the the confidence they thrive off, because I'm pretty sure players do read this. And if they do and all they see is negativity towards them do you think they would want to run/work hard for the fans..? Just a thought..

UTM..

I think the debate has been pretty good to be honest. I don't think most sensible posters have been particularly negative but perhaps don't share your overt positivity. Any right thinking Town fan wants Bradley to do well because it can only be good to have competition.
My main fear is that those who are so pro Bradley will watch every move Hatton makes and jump on each mistake. I've seen it before unfortunately.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 73
bradzmilne
August 5, 2012, 8:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from barralad

I think the debate has been pretty good to be honest. I don't think most sensible posters have been particularly negative but perhaps don't share your overt positivity. Any right thinking Town fan wants Bradley to do well because it can only be good to have competition.
My main fear is that those who are so pro Bradley will watch every move Hatton makes and jump on each mistake. I've seen it before unfortunately.

Very good point, at the end of the day Bradley and Sam are both very capable full backs at this level. So we should support which ever one is playing, to our full.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 73
Rick12
August 5, 2012, 8:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from barralad

I admit Bradley is my favourite player(probably because I admire and like the way in which he plays) but if Hatton is doing the business then the lad should get the nod over Bradders.At the end of day its the team that really matters not individuals

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 73
chaos33
August 5, 2012, 8:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,016
Gold Stars: 362
Good couple of points at the end here. I haven't really seen any 'negativity' towards Wood and wouldn't want to see any towards Hatton either. I did say that we were lucky to have both Wood and Hatton and that we'd need them both. It amuses me how some people react in threads of this type - quite severely or childishly, as though some players should not be subject to a balanced analysis. For the record, Bradley Wood is not a 'great player'. He's just not. It's pointless some folk getting all over protective of him, trying to make him into something he's not. He's a moderate footballer but with some great qualities and is a valued member of our squad. A team with realistic promotion aspirations needs better players than Bradley Wood, and that's why we've signed them. I hope he improves this season - learns to channel his aggression more productively and improves technically. His commitment and effort are second to none.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 73
Super Clive
August 5, 2012, 8:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from Rick12
I admit Bradley is my favourite player(probably because I admire and like the way in which he plays) but if Hatton is doing the business then the lad should get the nod over Bradders,At the end of day its the team that really matters not individuals

Well I agree 100% with that.

Going on this pre season its Wood's to lose and should get the nod over hatton. Nothing against hatton obviously he might be the better player and he has to prove that and take his chance. Bradley has impressed me and deserves the starting place on Saturday in my opinion of course.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 73
ska face
August 5, 2012, 9:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,848
Gold Stars: 854
Quoted from DNMariner
Have a lot of time for Bradley Wood - to me he's throwback to the days when football was well and truly a man's game. I don't subscribe to the view that he's a limited footballer - sure, he can't go on mazy runs and can't rake sweeping passes across the pitch but he's a fullback - it's not expected of him. When the option's on, he can play a pass that keeps possession and keeps moves ticking over, which is good enough for me. He's also a good defender, dogged and tireless and is a valuable asset to our football club. Sometimes he's guilty of being caught ballwatching but hopefully that element of his game will improve with age.

Debatable.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bradley wood

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.