Tommy
August 5, 2012, 12:11pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Super Clive

So this isn't a grimsby town forum? Where the debate is about a grimsby town player??

I suggest you don't open the flipping thread titled BRADLEY WOOD ffs, you know what its going to be about, unless you opened it in the off chance it was about slagging him off so you could join in. But when its praise you pull out the same old posters after ever game balderdash ? Really after every game?? Don't think so the lad has had a good pre season and looks like he's stepping it up for the fight ahead with hatton so he deserves praise but we aren't allowed to do that are we??

Who got your knickers in a twist oh wise one of the forum?

Well yes the last 3 weeks there has been three threads just saying the same thing. I open the thread because although the title suggests it is going to be about Bradley Wood, it doesn't tell me it's going to be the same things as the last BW thread does it?

Typical Wellsy post, grow up mate.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 73
Super Clive
August 5, 2012, 12:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
You're the one playing north Korea. So because the last 3 weeks someone has started a thread about brad, they aren't allowed to do it again?

Who died and made you king?
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 73
Tommy
August 5, 2012, 12:27pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Super Clive
You're the one playing north Korea. So because the last 3 weeks someone has started a thread about brad, they aren't allowed to do it again?

Who died and made you king?

As I explained in my last post (I didn't think I had made it so difficult to understand), what is the point when it is just the same point being made and the same things being said.

Still, I suppose that, and posts like yours in response to mine on this thread, are contributing to the decline (in quality) of the fishy. This is my last post on the matter now, as I'm sure you will come back with something like "well you started it" or "my dads bigger than your dad" judging by previous posts.

Ciao

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 73
Super Clive
August 5, 2012, 12:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Nope not at all I was just getting my point across, when I read your post that I replied to first that is how I see it.

I might of used one or two naughty words, which if you read wasn't a direct assault on you.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 73
Codzilla
August 5, 2012, 2:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Quoted from Super Clive

So this isn't a grimsby town forum? Where the debate is about a grimsby town player??

I suggest you don't open the flipping thread titled BRADLEY WOOD ffs, you know what its going to be about, unless you opened it in the off chance it was about slagging him off so you could join in. But when its praise you pull out the same old posters after ever game balderdash ? Really after every game?? Don't think so the lad has had a good pre season and looks like he's stepping it up for the fight ahead with hatton so he deserves praise but we aren't allowed to do that are we??

I actually agree here.

You're still a total girl private though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 73
Super Clive
August 5, 2012, 3:16pm
Vodka Drinker
I

It has been said before, nowt wrong with being a total girl private. My rise to fame will be swift.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 73
rancido
August 5, 2012, 4:34pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,697
Gold Stars: 102
Hattons biggest fault is that he wants to get forward far too early instead of holding his line.By doing this he leaves the left back position exposed to an opposition player who can out run him (not a too difficult task I think). He needs to be far more aware of his other back line collegues.Given his age it is hard to correct bad habits were as Wood could still respond to coaching.

If a full-back sees the opportunity to go down the wing then it is up to the corresponding mid-fielder to cover him. This is basic football coaching and is taught from early on in a developing players career by all the best coaches.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 73
siy2k5
August 5, 2012, 7:00pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from chaos33
Some people have got short memories. Brad is decent but tends to be overassessed because he's local and likes a crunching tackle. However, what is then overlooked are his shortcomings - not overly skilful, not especially quick (his best tactic against good wide players is to kick them and get himself booked or sent off), not special going forward, crossing, shooting, taking set pieces. Hatton on the other hand, is good at all of these things and is a better athlete all round. He'll probably also score 4 or 5 goals next season. Proven at a higher level, he's simply a better player. Wood will do a job covering or replacing players with dips in form, but both Hatton and Thomas are better than Wood in every aspect (except fouling).

Erm, remind me how many times he's been sent off please.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 73
chaos33
August 5, 2012, 7:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,985
Gold Stars: 365
Quoted from siy2k5

Erm, remind me how many times he's been sent off please.

Yeah, we've already covered that point. Do try to keep up. So he's never been sent off (hard to believe I know) and he's not local. Still, the points stand. Plenty of times he's nearly been sent off, should've been sent off or has been subbed as he looked likely to be sent off. I was making a point about his propensity to hot-headedness. Seems some on here can't manage a balanced view of Wood.

Never mind. Onwards.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bradley wood

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.