Bradley wood

This thread currently has 5,683 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
slide to unlock
August 3, 2012, 10:39pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -4
Was at the game tonight and this guy was outstanding. Was strong in the tackle won almost every header and covered ground super.. And second half did exactly that at left back..100% should be in 11 come week on sat..wood over hatton all day for me..
Logged Offline
Private Message
jock dock tower
August 3, 2012, 10:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Sorry, wrong thread, thought you were on about the wee Grimsby forest!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 73
Garth
August 3, 2012, 10:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Won`t happen pal, when you bring in someone new like Hatton you lose face if you don`t play him
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 73
chaos33
August 4, 2012, 6:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,985
Gold Stars: 365
Some people have got short memories. Brad is decent but tends to be overassessed because he's local and likes a crunching tackle. However, what is then overlooked are his shortcomings - not overly skilful, not especially quick (his best tactic against good wide players is to kick them and get himself booked or sent off), not special going forward, crossing, shooting, taking set pieces. Hatton on the other hand, is good at all of these things and is a better athlete all round. He'll probably also score 4 or 5 goals next season. Proven at a higher level, he's simply a better player. Wood will do a job covering or replacing players with dips in form, but both Hatton and Thomas are better than Wood in every aspect (except fouling).

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 73
aaron rattray
August 4, 2012, 6:51am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
But chaos33, wood is quicker than hatton

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 73
topuphere666
August 4, 2012, 7:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from aaron rattray
But chaos33, wood is quicker than hatton

Doesn't make him a better player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 73
Mrs Doyle
August 4, 2012, 7:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Pace isn't everything you need to be able to read the game all the best players do that.

Thinks of Crombie, Futcher, Kev moore, Chris nicoll, Rob Jones, Croft, Gally, Handeside, Macca etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 73
chaos33
August 4, 2012, 7:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,985
Gold Stars: 365
Of course.

Look there's no way we can know for sure who's the quicker and it's only one aspect anyway. You only have to watch both of them play to know that Hatton is the superior footballer.

I'll go one further and be a bit controversial here, but, in some respects, I think Bradley Wood is lucky to still be here. The managers were pretty clinical in their decisions about players staying and leaving, and, at times, Wood looked very average indeed when playing against genuinely good players. I'm sure it's his ability to play in several positions and his 100% commitment and hard tackling that have led to his retention - good assets to have in the squad, but let's be objective - he is very ordinary in most respects. At times, he's steamed into tackles and got himself booked or sent off and has been something of a liability. He's also easy to target and wind up from an opposition point of view, so he has limitations. I think Hatton will prove his superior quality over time and he will be first choice. Plus, he's a real asset at set pieces - another area in which we have looked poor over the last 2 years.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 73
Mrs Doyle
August 4, 2012, 7:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Be nice if we could have somebody good at set pieces and maybe chip in with a few goals, don't get me wrong brad does get stuck in can't fault his commitment sometimes he over commits but I think the management are looking to cover every squad position with a good player, during the course of a season you will need them all.

Must admit looking at it on paper thus far things are looking good, to early yet though the season has yet to start.

Let's see what things are like around Christmas time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 73
Garth
August 4, 2012, 9:11am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
I don`t think Hatton as an older member of the squad has settled in to the club overhaul yet, and when he does will prove to be a more than useful addition, its just my opinion of course not fact or hearsay
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 73
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bradley wood

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.