Peter winn

This thread currently has 5,321 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
HEARN 10 ELDING 39
April 21, 2012, 7:37pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
I thought he was excellent when he came on today, showed real positivity to get at the full back.. For me he would be a very good addition to the squad next year.. He's born and raised in Grimsby and loves the club..thoughts?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Total Football
April 21, 2012, 7:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +9 / -1
I really like Peter Winn, has got good pace, very direct in his play, looks to have a good attitude. And yes clearly loves being here at town. Spoke to him after the gateshead game asked him about next year he said he would love to be here and hopes that he gets offered something. Got the impression he just wants to play for town... He been very unluck not to be given more starts than he's had..think he has real quality and would defo be a good addition to the squad next year, and he's only 23 so plenty of improvement aswell..thought he did well today aswell lively and direct.. Hope he does stay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 60
wigworld
April 21, 2012, 8:11pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
He seems a similar type of player to Rob Eagle, to me. Decent, I think, but same as with Eagle, I'm not sure he fits the sort of play S+H want from the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 60
Southwark Mariner
April 21, 2012, 8:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
I'm sure in an interview he said he prefers left back...I am probably wrong but unless they already have someone lined up (Green) then would have thought they'd have him there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 60
marinette
April 21, 2012, 8:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from wigworld
He seems a similar type of player to Rob Eagle, to me. Decent, I think, but same as with Eagle, I'm not sure he fits the sort of play S+H want from the team.

I never really took to Eagle (strange little player) but Winn I liked immediately.  He seems far more strong and dynamic.  I don't suppose he gets things right all the time, and he has good games and bad games (like everyone else in our team) but I'd really like Winn to stay.

Gary Silk was mentioned elsewhere - I'd like him to stay too.  People didn't really take to him at the beginning and I've got a feeling he was written off by many fans, but I think he's come into his own just recently and I notice him more (and like what he does) every time I see him play.

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 60
wigworld
April 21, 2012, 8:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from marinette

Gary Silk was mentioned elsewhere - I'd like him to stay too.

We already know you have a thing about ginger hair, marinette.  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 60
danno123
April 21, 2012, 8:20pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Heard somewhere that Winn's loan was with a view to a permanent deal and Winn thinks he is moving back here permanently so we shall see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 60
marinette
April 21, 2012, 8:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from wigworld

We already know you have a thing about ginger hair, marinette.  

I'm saying nothing!  

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 60
Fishfinger
April 21, 2012, 11:27pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
I would like to keep him, I think he's a good, positive player who can get a few goals and assists for us next year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 60
acko338
April 22, 2012, 8:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,230
Gold Stars: 33
We need wingers who do the right thing - take on full backs and produce centres for strikers - doesn't it sound simple?

So why is Hearn stuck out on the wings for much of the time in games recently? - because those who have been brought in as width players are not producing the goods in simple fashion.

The same goes for dead ball situations - corners - deliveries have been abysmal fro most of the season, and when they're good, Pearson has shown that he can score if deliveries are good!

We thoroughly waste these opportunities!

Peter Winn has the qualities to produce the goods - if he's allowed to play out wide and the game plan and delivery from central midfield is regular.

He has a good natural curl on his centres that just leaves the goalie's safe zone and would allow the runs of Hearn, Elding or K H-M to chase in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 60
louth_in_the_south
April 22, 2012, 8:22am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
Ive only seen him a couple of times but he looks an improvement to the squad to me . You can tell he's played at a higher level and just gives us an extra bit of quality from the left . He s got the skill and pace to beat a fullback and is still able to look up and pick a cross instead of blindly booting the ball over . He's got a decent tackle on him too for his defensive side . Sign him up

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 60
mr viv
April 22, 2012, 9:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Think he would be quality at left back myself ready made replacement for townsend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 60
porkies
April 22, 2012, 9:48am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Alan Buckley described him as :'Not the cleverest player!' But that didn't stop him signing Heywood and Hope, I suppose!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 60
voice of reason
April 22, 2012, 10:27am
Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from acko338
We need wingers who do the right thing - take on full backs and produce centres for strikers - doesn't it sound simple?

So why is Hearn stuck out on the wings for much of the time in games recently? - because those who have been brought in as width players are not producing the goods in simple fashion.

The same goes for dead ball situations - corners - deliveries have been abysmal fro most of the season, and when they're good, Pearson has shown that he can score if deliveries are good!

We thoroughly waste these opportunities!

Peter Winn has the qualities to produce the goods - if he's allowed to play out wide and the game plan and delivery from central midfield is regular.

He has a good natural curl on his centres that just leaves the goalie's safe zone and would allow the runs of Hearn, Elding or K H-M to chase in.

How do you get natural curl?

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 60
HarryPotter1984
April 22, 2012, 10:31am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
But That was when he was a young lad of 18 or 19 when buckley said that he is 23 now and alot more experienced having played in league 2 last season with stevenage helping them get promoted!! he looked really good when he came on yesterday and has looked good in the games i have seen him play in! personally i think sign him up cos he can only get better!! and we havent got an out and out left winger at the club! i am hoping we will have him for next season and seasons to come, you can tell it means alot to him to be at GTFC and he does get us going forward alot more instead of all this messing about! he runs at players and he isnt scared to have a shot either i think we should sign him!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 60
HEARN 10 ELDING 39
April 22, 2012, 10:41am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Quoted from HarryPotter1984
But That was when he was a young lad of 18 or 19 when buckley said that he is 23 now and alot more experienced having played in league 2 last season with stevenage helping them get promoted!! he looked really good when he came on yesterday and has looked good in the games i have seen him play in! personally i think sign him up cos he can only get better!! and we havent got an out and out left winger at the club! i am hoping we will have him for next season and seasons to come, you can tell it means alot to him to be at GTFC and he does get us going forward alot more instead of all this messing about! he runs at players and he isnt scared to have a shot either i think we should sign him!

He always gets at the fullback when ever I've seen him play..👂👀👂
                                                                                             👃
                                                                                             👄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 60
HarryPotter1984
April 22, 2012, 10:48am
Coke Drinker
sign him instead of coulson potentially better he bigger stronger and quicker and he actually gets at the fullbacks and the big factor of its his home town club!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 60
Total Football
April 22, 2012, 11:04am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +9 / -1
I think coulson is a very good player. Just don't think the contract talks have helped him in his play for the 10 games? It's been an unwelcome distraction if you ask me...obviously after yesterday being left out the 16 his time at town could be drawn to an end..? Hope not as coulson on the right and Winny on the left could be good balance.. If coulson does leave give Winn the number 7, make him feel apart of it and I'm sure he will deliver..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 60
Swansea_Mariner
April 22, 2012, 11:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
He's been in and out of the side a lot since he has been here surely if the Managers were going to sign him then he would have played a bit more?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 60
HarryPotter1984
April 22, 2012, 11:13am
Coke Drinker
a fair point there! i think coulson is a great player aswell just all this contract talk and not playing aswell (contracts maybe a factor) has put a lil dip in his form maybe?? i would love to see coulson stay and play on the right wing and winn on the left i think that would work well i said bigger, stronger and quicker because he physically looks it and shows it on the pitch idealy id like to keep both of them but i think either way of coulson leaving or staying sign winn but S+H should try keep hold of them both at all costs we need out and out wingers and them 2 should be staying, you can tell coulson has experience and is a very good player and you can tell winn has played at a much higher level and both are more than good enough to provide for Elding and Hearn next seaon (if hearn stays)!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 60
HarryPotter1984
April 22, 2012, 11:15am
Coke Drinker
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
He's been in and out of the side a lot since he has been here surely if the Managers were going to sign him then he would have played a bit more?

but then look at others, aswell they have been in and out aswell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 60
Swansea_Mariner
April 22, 2012, 11:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from HarryPotter1984

but then look at others, aswell they have been in and out aswell

His situation is a little different to others in and out of the side though in that he's on loan (Soares has already got a contract) and he's not being kept out of the side by the performance of others (like Garner).

Not saying he isn't a decent player, just that I would have thought if the Managers were going to sign him then surely he would have had more game time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 60
dapperz fun pub
April 22, 2012, 11:35am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 84
id let coulson go to lightweight
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 60
rancido
April 22, 2012, 12:38pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,619
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
id let coulson go to lightweight

What division do " lightweight " play in ?

Unless you mean you would let him go because he is TOO lightweight .

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 60
Marinerz93
April 22, 2012, 12:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from rancido

What division do " lightweight " play in ?

Unless you mean, you would let him go because he is TOO lightweight .

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 60
rancido
April 22, 2012, 12:42pm

Special Brew Drinker
The comma isn't required , although I could have used inverted commas to express the statement as a quote.  

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 60
Marinerz93
April 22, 2012, 1:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from rancido
The comma isn't required , although I could have used inverted commas to express the statement as a quote.  

I always make grammatical and spelling mistakes which is why I get the lads at work to fill in the job cards then just over sign them as supervisor  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 60
rancido
April 22, 2012, 1:10pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

I always make grammatical and spelling mistakes which is why I get the lads at work to fill in the job cards then just over sign them as supervisor  

At least you can see the humerous side of mentioning grammatical mistakes on this site. They are usually not meant to be insulting , just a humerous diversion. Admittedly , there are occasions when I do this to put down some particularly nasty posters just to annoy them and it works !

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 60
Biccys
April 22, 2012, 4:45pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from rancido

At least you can see the humerous side of mentioning grammatical mistakes on this site. They are usually not meant to be insulting , just a humerous diversion. Admittedly , there are occasions when I do this to put down some particularly nasty posters just to annoy them and it works !

Humorous......

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 60
oldun
April 22, 2012, 4:56pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I too think Winn could be considered as an attacking left back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 60
hook line and sinker
April 22, 2012, 5:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
winns not a bad player at all he just has that something missing from his game that makes him a good player.i think for both parties it is beneficial for him not to stay, for him too come here i just think it will be an easy option for the lad resulting in him eventually blending into the background then a few years down the line being released. for him to make anything out of his career he is better going elsewhere imo because soon as results go against us he will be the one the boo boys attack e.g bore,north scenario. if he stays i just feel he will be a bit part player who does 1 or 2 good things then disappears for the rest of the game i think we are better off looking elsewhere.utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 60
BlackBoots
April 22, 2012, 5:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Not convinced about Winn.

Maybe if he is cheap he can do a job as a squad player but I wouldnt be paying him anywhere near the top end of our budget.

He came on yesterday, got on the ball but didnt deliver. He had chances to try his luck with a shot or two which may have worked given the very wet and greasy surface but clipped aerial passes which favoured defenders.

Nowhere near the class or influence of Coulson imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 60
moosey_club
April 22, 2012, 9:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Biccys

Humorous......

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 60
jimbo22
April 22, 2012, 11:46pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
I think he is ok, but if we are to challenge I think we need someone better than Peter Winn if im honest. I would prefer to see us sign Devitt than Winn
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 60
FishOutOfWater
April 23, 2012, 12:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from marinette

I never really took to Eagle (strange little player) but Winn I liked immediately.  He seems far more strong and dynamic.  I don't suppose he gets things right all the time, and he has good games and bad games (like everyone else in our team) but I'd really like Winn to stay.

Gary Silk was mentioned elsewhere - I'd like him to stay too.  People didn't really take to him at the beginning and I've got a feeling he was written off by many fans, but I think he's come into his own just recently and I notice him more (and like what he does) every time I see him play.

Justifiably so in the eyes of many Marinette....

Don't you remember how poor Silk was in his debut game at home to future champions Fleetwood?

He wasn't even able to make it to half time and as I understand it, the reason we hadn't scored before he went off was probably because he's so slow. Any other fullback would have been running down the wing, crossing the ball to one of his  team-mates to score untold goals and the three points would have been ours instead of going to the away team.

I'm surprised he ever played for us again after his first 43 minutes....
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 60
arryarryarry
April 23, 2012, 11:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from BlackBoots
Not convinced about Winn.

He came on yesterday, got on the ball but didnt deliver. He had chances to try his luck with a shot or two which may have worked given the very wet and greasy surface but clipped aerial passes which favoured defenders.

Nowhere near the class or influence of Coulson imo

I agree, I thought he played quite well in his early games but performances of late he hasn't impressed, subsequently he hasn't been first choice in a number of games.

As for Saturday apart from the back four and keeper I thought most of our players were bordering on the poor to crap indicator.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 60
porkies
April 23, 2012, 12:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Quoted from 4194[b
]But That was when he was a young lad of 18 or 19 when buckley said that [/b]he is 23 now and alot more experienced having played in league 2 last season with stevenage helping them get promoted!! he looked really good when he came on yesterday and has looked good in the games i have seen him play in! personally i think sign him up cos he can only get better!! and we havent got an out and out left winger at the club! i am hoping we will have him for next season and seasons to come, you can tell it means alot to him to be at GTFC and he does get us going forward alot more instead of all this messing about! he runs at players and he isnt scared to have a shot either i think we should sign him!

Buckley said it recently when he was summarising for the BBC!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 60
forza ivano
April 23, 2012, 3:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,276
Gold Stars: 266
i'm struggling to imagine how we could fit soares and winn in the same team??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 60
BIGChris
April 23, 2012, 3:51pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from forza ivano
i'm struggling to imagine how we could fit soares and winn in the same team??

Soares was ok on Saturday. Probably his best game although not brilliant.

Was that his first full 90 mins?

I cling to the hope that he will be a revelation next season having benifited from a full pre season and adjusted to being a full time pro
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 60
Maringer
April 23, 2012, 4:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,658
Gold Stars: 189
Soares is right-footed, I believe. Winn is left-footed.

Seems pretty obvious to me how they could fit in the same team!

I thought Winn looked good on his debut but has been in and out of the team somewhat since then. I'd be happy enough to see him sign as I think he has a decent cross on him. I don't think he's that nippy, however - pretty average pace for a winger.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 60
Abdul19
April 23, 2012, 8:19pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,586
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Maringer
I don't think he's that nippy, however - pretty average pace for a winger.

Who was the last left footed winger we had who was quick? Genuine question!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 60
pseudonym
April 23, 2012, 8:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from Abdul19

Makofo

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 60
Abdul19
April 23, 2012, 8:25pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,586
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pseudonym
Makofo

I'm not sure he's any footed.  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 60
marinette
April 23, 2012, 8:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Justifiably so in the eyes of many Marinette....

Don't you remember how poor Silk was in his debut game at home to future champions Fleetwood?

He wasn't even able to make it to half time and as I understand it, the reason we hadn't scored before he went off was probably because he's so slow. Any other fullback would have been running down the wing, crossing the ball to one of his  team-mates to score untold goals and the three points would have been ours instead of going to the away team.

I'm surprised he ever played for us again after his first 43 minutes....

Do you think he's better now though?  He's no Macca, but who would you rather have at right back - Silk, Bore or Bradley Wood?

Private Message
Reply: 43 - 60
marinette
April 23, 2012, 8:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from pseudonym
Makofo

Aw.. Has Serge definitely gone now (if so, where?) or is he still lurking?

Private Message
Reply: 44 - 60
wigworld
April 23, 2012, 8:43pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19

Serge. In fact, he has two left feet.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 60
bobbyturtle
April 23, 2012, 8:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from wigworld

lol

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 60
aaron rattray
April 23, 2012, 10:54pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from wigworld

I don't think serge knows himself what foot he is himself

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 60
ginnywings
April 23, 2012, 11:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Abdul19

Paul Emson?

Was Kingsley Black quick or just quick footed?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 60
Marinerz93
April 23, 2012, 11:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Paul Emson?

Was Kingsley Black quick or just quick footed?

Paul Emson was very quick, a busy sort of player.

I would say Kingsley was quick footed and had a very good football brain, that or his body moved faster than it appeared  

Private Message
Reply: 49 - 60
Billybigbollox
April 23, 2012, 11:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +2
Quoted from Marinerz93

Paul Emson was very quick, a busy sort of player.

I would say Kingsley was quick footed and had a very good football brain, that or his body moved faster than it appeared  

I thought when AB put black just behind the strikers he looked top draw
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 60
Marinerz93
April 23, 2012, 11:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Billybigbollox

I thought when AB put black just behind the strikers he looked top draw

Very clever player and I think if he had real pace would certainly have played at a higher level for longer and had more than the 30 ish Northern Ireland caps he got.  He had 141 appearances for us but only 8 goals, I can't find the number of assists, it has to be quite high I would have thought.

Private Message
Reply: 51 - 60
80sglory
April 23, 2012, 11:34pm
Guest User
Quoted from HEARN 10 ELDING 39
He's born and raised in Grimsby and loves the club..thoughts?

It helps !
Reply: 52 - 60
FishOutOfWater
April 24, 2012, 12:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from marinette

Do you think he's better now though?  He's no Macca, but who would you rather have at right back - Silk, Bore or Bradley Wood?

I think Silk is more of a right back than the other two...he's unspectacular but steady enough in what he does

Both Bore and Wood ended up playing the role more just to suit their managers....I wouldn't say either one of them were especially suited to the position

Having said that they never really let us down but in the end it comes down to who looks the more accomplished defender so Silk for me!

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 53 - 60
Garth
April 24, 2012, 7:58am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Easily Silk for me, a very experienced player and it shows in the way he positions himself
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 60
ticker_1610
April 24, 2012, 8:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Thought the RB for Tamworth looked very quick and positionally aware and could tackle well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 60
davescho
April 24, 2012, 8:48am
Coke Drinker
Peter winn has bought a house on scartho top. the lady who works in the show home asked if he played against tamworth. then went on to sayhe has bought a house so from that we can presume he is staying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 60
marinerian
April 24, 2012, 8:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Silk can also cross from deep, most of our other players can cross from near the corner flag!

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 60
forza ivano
April 24, 2012, 10:59am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,276
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Maringer
Soares is right-footed, I believe. Winn is left-footed.

Seems pretty obvious to me how they could fit in the same team!

I thought Winn looked good on his debut but has been in and out of the team somewhat since then. I'd be happy enough to see him sign as I think he has a decent cross on him. I don't think he's that nippy, however - pretty average pace for a winger.

have alook at you tube - every goal is left footed plus he looked very left footed when he played wide left at tamworth!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 60
Maringer
April 24, 2012, 11:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,658
Gold Stars: 189
I thought he was left-footed initially, but I'm sure he's seemed to be using his right foot more often when I've seen him play, regardless of which side he was playing on!

This sort of indicates that he hasn't had the impact we might have hoped for as I'm still not certain whether he is left or right-footed!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 60
rancido
April 24, 2012, 4:32pm

Special Brew Drinker
I like Winn and think he would be a decent player for us on a long term basis.. He is prepared to attack the full-back but also is quite willing to move in field as well.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 60
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Peter winn

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.