7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
April 22, 2012, 8:22am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
Ive only seen him a couple of times but he looks an improvement to the squad to me . You can tell he's played at a higher level and just gives us an extra bit of quality from the left . He s got the skill and pace to beat a fullback and is still able to look up and pick a cross instead of blindly booting the ball over . He's got a decent tackle on him too for his defensive side . Sign him up

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 60
mr viv
April 22, 2012, 9:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Think he would be quality at left back myself ready made replacement for townsend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 60
porkies
April 22, 2012, 9:48am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Alan Buckley described him as :'Not the cleverest player!' But that didn't stop him signing Heywood and Hope, I suppose!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 60
voice of reason
April 22, 2012, 10:27am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from acko338
We need wingers who do the right thing - take on full backs and produce centres for strikers - doesn't it sound simple?

So why is Hearn stuck out on the wings for much of the time in games recently? - because those who have been brought in as width players are not producing the goods in simple fashion.

The same goes for dead ball situations - corners - deliveries have been abysmal fro most of the season, and when they're good, Pearson has shown that he can score if deliveries are good!

We thoroughly waste these opportunities!

Peter Winn has the qualities to produce the goods - if he's allowed to play out wide and the game plan and delivery from central midfield is regular.

He has a good natural curl on his centres that just leaves the goalie's safe zone and would allow the runs of Hearn, Elding or K H-M to chase in.

How do you get natural curl?

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 60
HarryPotter1984
April 22, 2012, 10:31am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
But That was when he was a young lad of 18 or 19 when buckley said that he is 23 now and alot more experienced having played in league 2 last season with stevenage helping them get promoted!! he looked really good when he came on yesterday and has looked good in the games i have seen him play in! personally i think sign him up cos he can only get better!! and we havent got an out and out left winger at the club! i am hoping we will have him for next season and seasons to come, you can tell it means alot to him to be at GTFC and he does get us going forward alot more instead of all this messing about! he runs at players and he isnt scared to have a shot either i think we should sign him!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 60
HEARN 10 ELDING 39
April 22, 2012, 10:41am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Quoted from HarryPotter1984
But That was when he was a young lad of 18 or 19 when buckley said that he is 23 now and alot more experienced having played in league 2 last season with stevenage helping them get promoted!! he looked really good when he came on yesterday and has looked good in the games i have seen him play in! personally i think sign him up cos he can only get better!! and we havent got an out and out left winger at the club! i am hoping we will have him for next season and seasons to come, you can tell it means alot to him to be at GTFC and he does get us going forward alot more instead of all this messing about! he runs at players and he isnt scared to have a shot either i think we should sign him!

He always gets at the fullback when ever I've seen him play..👂👀👂
                                                                                             👃
                                                                                             👄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 60
HarryPotter1984
April 22, 2012, 10:48am
Coke Drinker
sign him instead of coulson potentially better he bigger stronger and quicker and he actually gets at the fullbacks and the big factor of its his home town club!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 60
Total Football
April 22, 2012, 11:04am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +9 / -1
I think coulson is a very good player. Just don't think the contract talks have helped him in his play for the 10 games? It's been an unwelcome distraction if you ask me...obviously after yesterday being left out the 16 his time at town could be drawn to an end..? Hope not as coulson on the right and Winny on the left could be good balance.. If coulson does leave give Winn the number 7, make him feel apart of it and I'm sure he will deliver..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 60
Swansea_Mariner
April 22, 2012, 11:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
He's been in and out of the side a lot since he has been here surely if the Managers were going to sign him then he would have played a bit more?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 60
HarryPotter1984
April 22, 2012, 11:13am
Coke Drinker
a fair point there! i think coulson is a great player aswell just all this contract talk and not playing aswell (contracts maybe a factor) has put a lil dip in his form maybe?? i would love to see coulson stay and play on the right wing and winn on the left i think that would work well i said bigger, stronger and quicker because he physically looks it and shows it on the pitch idealy id like to keep both of them but i think either way of coulson leaving or staying sign winn but S+H should try keep hold of them both at all costs we need out and out wingers and them 2 should be staying, you can tell coulson has experience and is a very good player and you can tell winn has played at a much higher level and both are more than good enough to provide for Elding and Hearn next seaon (if hearn stays)!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Peter winn

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.