7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Billybigbollox
April 23, 2012, 11:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +2
Quoted from Marinerz93

Paul Emson was very quick, a busy sort of player.

I would say Kingsley was quick footed and had a very good football brain, that or his body moved faster than it appeared  

I thought when AB put black just behind the strikers he looked top draw
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 60
Marinerz93
April 23, 2012, 11:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Billybigbollox

I thought when AB put black just behind the strikers he looked top draw

Very clever player and I think if he had real pace would certainly have played at a higher level for longer and had more than the 30 ish Northern Ireland caps he got.  He had 141 appearances for us but only 8 goals, I can't find the number of assists, it has to be quite high I would have thought.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 60
80sglory
April 23, 2012, 11:34pm
Guest User
Quoted from HEARN 10 ELDING 39
He's born and raised in Grimsby and loves the club..thoughts?

It helps !
Reply: 52 - 60
FishOutOfWater
April 24, 2012, 12:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from marinette

Do you think he's better now though?  He's no Macca, but who would you rather have at right back - Silk, Bore or Bradley Wood?

I think Silk is more of a right back than the other two...he's unspectacular but steady enough in what he does

Both Bore and Wood ended up playing the role more just to suit their managers....I wouldn't say either one of them were especially suited to the position

Having said that they never really let us down but in the end it comes down to who looks the more accomplished defender so Silk for me!

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 53 - 60
Garth
April 24, 2012, 7:58am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Easily Silk for me, a very experienced player and it shows in the way he positions himself
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 60
ticker_1610
April 24, 2012, 8:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Thought the RB for Tamworth looked very quick and positionally aware and could tackle well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 60
davescho
April 24, 2012, 8:48am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Peter winn has bought a house on scartho top. the lady who works in the show home asked if he played against tamworth. then went on to sayhe has bought a house so from that we can presume he is staying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 60
marinerian
April 24, 2012, 8:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Silk can also cross from deep, most of our other players can cross from near the corner flag!

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 60
forza ivano
April 24, 2012, 10:59am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,276
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Maringer
Soares is right-footed, I believe. Winn is left-footed.

Seems pretty obvious to me how they could fit in the same team!

I thought Winn looked good on his debut but has been in and out of the team somewhat since then. I'd be happy enough to see him sign as I think he has a decent cross on him. I don't think he's that nippy, however - pretty average pace for a winger.

have alook at you tube - every goal is left footed plus he looked very left footed when he played wide left at tamworth!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 60
Maringer
April 24, 2012, 11:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,658
Gold Stars: 189
I thought he was left-footed initially, but I'm sure he's seemed to be using his right foot more often when I've seen him play, regardless of which side he was playing on!

This sort of indicates that he hasn't had the impact we might have hoped for as I'm still not certain whether he is left or right-footed!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Peter winn

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.