Peter winn

This thread currently has 5,328 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
HEARN 10 ELDING 39
April 21, 2012, 7:37pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
I thought he was excellent when he came on today, showed real positivity to get at the full back.. For me he would be a very good addition to the squad next year.. He's born and raised in Grimsby and loves the club..thoughts?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Total Football
April 21, 2012, 7:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +9 / -1
I really like Peter Winn, has got good pace, very direct in his play, looks to have a good attitude. And yes clearly loves being here at town. Spoke to him after the gateshead game asked him about next year he said he would love to be here and hopes that he gets offered something. Got the impression he just wants to play for town... He been very unluck not to be given more starts than he's had..think he has real quality and would defo be a good addition to the squad next year, and he's only 23 so plenty of improvement aswell..thought he did well today aswell lively and direct.. Hope he does stay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 60
wigworld
April 21, 2012, 8:11pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
He seems a similar type of player to Rob Eagle, to me. Decent, I think, but same as with Eagle, I'm not sure he fits the sort of play S+H want from the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 60
Southwark Mariner
April 21, 2012, 8:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
I'm sure in an interview he said he prefers left back...I am probably wrong but unless they already have someone lined up (Green) then would have thought they'd have him there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 60
marinette
April 21, 2012, 8:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from wigworld
He seems a similar type of player to Rob Eagle, to me. Decent, I think, but same as with Eagle, I'm not sure he fits the sort of play S+H want from the team.

I never really took to Eagle (strange little player) but Winn I liked immediately.  He seems far more strong and dynamic.  I don't suppose he gets things right all the time, and he has good games and bad games (like everyone else in our team) but I'd really like Winn to stay.

Gary Silk was mentioned elsewhere - I'd like him to stay too.  People didn't really take to him at the beginning and I've got a feeling he was written off by many fans, but I think he's come into his own just recently and I notice him more (and like what he does) every time I see him play.

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 60
wigworld
April 21, 2012, 8:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from marinette

Gary Silk was mentioned elsewhere - I'd like him to stay too.

We already know you have a thing about ginger hair, marinette.  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 60
danno123
April 21, 2012, 8:20pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Heard somewhere that Winn's loan was with a view to a permanent deal and Winn thinks he is moving back here permanently so we shall see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 60
marinette
April 21, 2012, 8:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from wigworld

We already know you have a thing about ginger hair, marinette.  

I'm saying nothing!  

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 60
Fishfinger
April 21, 2012, 11:27pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
I would like to keep him, I think he's a good, positive player who can get a few goals and assists for us next year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 60
acko338
April 22, 2012, 8:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,230
Gold Stars: 33
We need wingers who do the right thing - take on full backs and produce centres for strikers - doesn't it sound simple?

So why is Hearn stuck out on the wings for much of the time in games recently? - because those who have been brought in as width players are not producing the goods in simple fashion.

The same goes for dead ball situations - corners - deliveries have been abysmal fro most of the season, and when they're good, Pearson has shown that he can score if deliveries are good!

We thoroughly waste these opportunities!

Peter Winn has the qualities to produce the goods - if he's allowed to play out wide and the game plan and delivery from central midfield is regular.

He has a good natural curl on his centres that just leaves the goalie's safe zone and would allow the runs of Hearn, Elding or K H-M to chase in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 60
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Peter winn

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.