This thread currently has 5,324 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
hook line and sinker
April 22, 2012, 5:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
winns not a bad player at all he just has that something missing from his game that makes him a good player.i think for both parties it is beneficial for him not to stay, for him too come here i just think it will be an easy option for the lad resulting in him eventually blending into the background then a few years down the line being released. for him to make anything out of his career he is better going elsewhere imo because soon as results go against us he will be the one the boo boys attack e.g bore,north scenario. if he stays i just feel he will be a bit part player who does 1 or 2 good things then disappears for the rest of the game i think we are better off looking elsewhere.utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 60
BlackBoots
April 22, 2012, 5:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Not convinced about Winn.

Maybe if he is cheap he can do a job as a squad player but I wouldnt be paying him anywhere near the top end of our budget.

He came on yesterday, got on the ball but didnt deliver. He had chances to try his luck with a shot or two which may have worked given the very wet and greasy surface but clipped aerial passes which favoured defenders.

Nowhere near the class or influence of Coulson imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 60
moosey_club
April 22, 2012, 9:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Biccys

Humorous......

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 60
jimbo22
April 22, 2012, 11:46pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
I think he is ok, but if we are to challenge I think we need someone better than Peter Winn if im honest. I would prefer to see us sign Devitt than Winn
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 60
FishOutOfWater
April 23, 2012, 12:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from marinette

I never really took to Eagle (strange little player) but Winn I liked immediately.  He seems far more strong and dynamic.  I don't suppose he gets things right all the time, and he has good games and bad games (like everyone else in our team) but I'd really like Winn to stay.

Gary Silk was mentioned elsewhere - I'd like him to stay too.  People didn't really take to him at the beginning and I've got a feeling he was written off by many fans, but I think he's come into his own just recently and I notice him more (and like what he does) every time I see him play.

Justifiably so in the eyes of many Marinette....

Don't you remember how poor Silk was in his debut game at home to future champions Fleetwood?

He wasn't even able to make it to half time and as I understand it, the reason we hadn't scored before he went off was probably because he's so slow. Any other fullback would have been running down the wing, crossing the ball to one of his  team-mates to score untold goals and the three points would have been ours instead of going to the away team.

I'm surprised he ever played for us again after his first 43 minutes....
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 60
arryarryarry
April 23, 2012, 11:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from BlackBoots
Not convinced about Winn.

He came on yesterday, got on the ball but didnt deliver. He had chances to try his luck with a shot or two which may have worked given the very wet and greasy surface but clipped aerial passes which favoured defenders.

Nowhere near the class or influence of Coulson imo

I agree, I thought he played quite well in his early games but performances of late he hasn't impressed, subsequently he hasn't been first choice in a number of games.

As for Saturday apart from the back four and keeper I thought most of our players were bordering on the poor to crap indicator.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 60
porkies
April 23, 2012, 12:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Quoted from 4194[b
]But That was when he was a young lad of 18 or 19 when buckley said that [/b]he is 23 now and alot more experienced having played in league 2 last season with stevenage helping them get promoted!! he looked really good when he came on yesterday and has looked good in the games i have seen him play in! personally i think sign him up cos he can only get better!! and we havent got an out and out left winger at the club! i am hoping we will have him for next season and seasons to come, you can tell it means alot to him to be at GTFC and he does get us going forward alot more instead of all this messing about! he runs at players and he isnt scared to have a shot either i think we should sign him!

Buckley said it recently when he was summarising for the BBC!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 60
forza ivano
April 23, 2012, 3:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,276
Gold Stars: 266
i'm struggling to imagine how we could fit soares and winn in the same team??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 60
BIGChris
April 23, 2012, 3:51pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from forza ivano
i'm struggling to imagine how we could fit soares and winn in the same team??

Soares was ok on Saturday. Probably his best game although not brilliant.

Was that his first full 90 mins?

I cling to the hope that he will be a revelation next season having benifited from a full pre season and adjusted to being a full time pro
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 60
Maringer
April 23, 2012, 4:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,658
Gold Stars: 189
Soares is right-footed, I believe. Winn is left-footed.

Seems pretty obvious to me how they could fit in the same team!

I thought Winn looked good on his debut but has been in and out of the team somewhat since then. I'd be happy enough to see him sign as I think he has a decent cross on him. I don't think he's that nippy, however - pretty average pace for a winger.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Peter winn

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.