Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 72 Guests

Just back!

This thread currently has 6,987 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Maringer
March 27, 2012, 9:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,756
Gold Stars: 189
To be fair, when he came on against Tamworth the other week he achieved absolutely nothing. I know he only got 20 minutes or so, but he is pretty lightweight and I agree he may struggle against big, packed defences.

I'm also not convinced that we know how to use pacy players well enough. KHM's goal on Saturday was a good example how to play things, isolating defenders and letting him run on. However, you can't always do that. We used to use Reddy pretty effectively - chip the ball over the defence towards the corners and let him run on to it.

If Tamworth play in a similar way to the game at BP, one thing I would like to see is more shots coming in on goal. With such a packed defence, it doesn't take much for to get a deflection which can creep in. It would also be nice to be more of a threat from corners as we were pretty ineffective against the Lambs the other week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 63
marinerian
March 27, 2012, 10:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Get our full backs taking corners as they are the onlg 2 who can cross

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 63
ticker_1610
March 27, 2012, 11:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Tamworth have as of yesterday signed two loan players from MK Dons, one midfielder and one striker. Interesting to see if they improve a pretty poor team, or struggle to fit in at this level with new team mates and lack of match fitness!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 63
80sglory
March 27, 2012, 2:53pm
Guest User
From watching the MP preview I thought they were brand new too ticker.
But unfortunately they signed on Thursday, played vs Gateshead on Saturday and Baldock apparently did well.  
Won't be an easy game but no doubt we're the better team and we can do it (realistically we have to !)
Reply: 63 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.