Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 80 Guests

Just back!

This thread currently has 6,984 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
lemezma
March 24, 2012, 7:27pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
they were there for the  taking. too worried about stopping them. if we had played our finishing eleven front the start we would have won. Bradley wood was a waste of a shirt. centre backs magnificent. too much tinkering for me at present. its not over but we have to win six out of seven
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 63
Theimperialcoroner
March 24, 2012, 7:32pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,296
Gold Stars: 103
I'll take a draw, but think they were there for the taking and as such very disappointed with the way we were set up at the start. We needed to win much more than them, so why hand the initiative to them. Once we got at them and actually started to want/need to creat5e chances, we looked a much better team. They are not a patch on York on that showing

Coulson, Pearson, Meller and Disley had very good games, Couslon in particular ran himself into the ground, especially after having to do Duffy's running too for the 1st hour. The fans were superb, with some cracking taunting of the lad in the Exec boxes. TBF to him and his group, they seemed to take it as banter and were applauding the Town fans at the end.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 63
upthestripes
March 24, 2012, 7:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
How was Wright?
Also how did Winn do?  He was mentioned a lot in the commentary, but every time it was for giving the ball away or putting in a bad pass/cross.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 63
nickmariners
March 24, 2012, 7:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 4
We were pretty well organised throughout, kept our shape, and showed willing and high fitness right til the end - even if we seemed to be  a little lacking in goalwards ambition in the first half.

Pearson and Miller were great, and I thought Macca controlled his area well and made a couple of very good stops -- one in the first half was really terrific.

Great Town support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 63
siy2k5
March 24, 2012, 7:53pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
For all lutons possession they offered little or nothing up front. We offered even less! Khm had some dodgy touches when he first came on but settled quickly and was our most dangerous player and took his goal really well. Wood was anonymous until he went to the right wing...he then disappeared completely. The back 4 were solid, except for one mistake from silk which nearly cost a goal.

Overall happy with a point, but as others have said they were there for the taking if we'd been more adventurous from the start.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 63
siy2k5
March 24, 2012, 7:54pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
For all lutons possession they offered little or nothing up front. We offered even less! Khm had some dodgy touches when he first came on but settled quickly and was our most dangerous player and took his goal really well. Wood was anonymous until he went to the right wing...he then disappeared completely. The back 4 were solid, except for one mistake from silk which nearly cost a goal.

Overall happy with a point, but as others have said they were there for the taking if we'd been more adventurous from the start.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 63
marinerian
March 24, 2012, 7:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Maca sounded awsome in goal.

Elding & Hughes- Mason sounded vey good and the ball stuck better up front.

Duffy just sounded like he fouled a lot.

Coulson wtf does he take corners? Get Silk & Townsend need to be taking corners imo as both can crosd.

KH-M is going to be a big star here i reckon.

Him, Hearn & Elding are so different but all 3 give bags of effort!

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 63
MK Mariner
March 24, 2012, 8:13pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +7
Agree with most people on here, Luton had the majority of position with out really threatening too much. We don't really seem to have a 'plan B' when Hearn isn't playing. We didn't play badly but we often played poitless/aimless balls upfront, which was frustrating! Great support and a good away point!

Also, Gary Silk isn't good enough, simple as.  

Watching Town for 18 Years!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 63
March 24, 2012, 8:15pm
Guest User
KHM should definatly be given the chance on Tuesday.
Reply: 18 - 63
buckstown
March 24, 2012, 8:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,239
Gold Stars: 80
Pretty much echo earlier comments - we just about deserved a point for the spirit and the defensive display.
Miller was epic this afternoon, organising, talking, leading. Pearson wasn't far behind but it was aways going to be tough defending for 90 minutes and so it proved.
Thought we were toothless up front on Tuesday (other than the two set pieces we scored from) and it was the same today. Kovacs was very good for them and Duffers didn't get a kick. Our rare attacks went down the left and Winn had a bad day at the office.
Elding picked it up when he came on and although I think KHM looks lightweight his pace offers something different and he took his chance very well.
All in all we definitely have a defence to trust but we need a fit Liam. He offers so much more than just putting the ball in the net.
Chatting to a Luton fan in the pub before the game and he says they are very worried about even making the play offs and his fears look justified.
Have to say it was nice to go to a game with a crowd for a change. Town fans were superb as ever, probably 600, and the atmosphere was excellent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.