Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 60 Guests

Just back!

This thread currently has 6,977 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
March 25, 2012, 1:17pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
All this talk of Luton being there for the taking; to be fair to them, they haven't lost at home in the league since the day we drew at Bath.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 63
davmariner
March 25, 2012, 1:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Abdul19
All this talk of Luton being there for the taking; to be fair to them, they haven't lost at home in the league since the day we drew at Bath.

From the sounds of it they were! Having been thumped by Forest Green last tuesday and beaten at home by York in the FA Trophy.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 63
wigworld
March 25, 2012, 1:47pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Abdul19

Yesterday was the first goal they've conceded in the league at home, since November.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 63
ska face
March 25, 2012, 2:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,825
Gold Stars: 854
I think we were set up well defensively, packing the middle of the park left them with the only option of going wide and slinging crosses in, and with Miller & Pearson up against Danny Crowe and their other centre forward (who was about 5'9'') that was never a contest we were going to lose. They never got in behind us and the only time McKeown looked troubled was when he got down excellently just before half time. We were unlucky in the fact that probably our most effective outlet last week in Winn took a knock early on and seemed to be struggling a fair bit, he was definitely limping heavily at one point.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 63
Abdul19
March 25, 2012, 2:57pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from wigworld

Yesterday was the first goal they've conceded in the league at home, since November.

Nuff said! You've made my point much better than I did!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 63
aldi_01
March 25, 2012, 2:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Duffy is better coming of the bench IMO. Wood just isn't good enough...he is an example of how excrement we have been the last few years. We loved him because he put effort in and worked his balderdash off, now we have a better squad with a real right back and players who are better than him he is shown for what he is...a runner. Can't knock effort etc but he isn't a technically gifted player at all and certainly not good enough for midfield. He was non existent.

Elding did well when he came on and KHM settled down after a couple of iffy touches. We could've won it at the end and I think if KHM had played a few more times he would have left the defender for dead and bagged another.

I see Luton bottling it again. Brabin clearly has little tactical awareness and they're fans reactions at the end said a lot...for the possession they had they didn't cause much hassle for us or is it because we have a good back four these days....

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 63
BIGChris
March 25, 2012, 3:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Wood had a decent game on Tuesday at right back and imo is generally competent there. Yet to see him do anything to support the theory of some that he would boost our midfield
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 63
Paris Mariner
March 25, 2012, 3:51pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
I am literally just back in my flat from the match. I thought it was a negative approach to go 4-5-1 in a must win game. They should have given KHM a o from the start with Elding. Duffy, for me, proved yet again why he's a super-sub and not a starter - he doesn't work hard enough off the ball. The 4-5-1 gave us little outlet up top and Duffy's lack of movement increased this. You could see the difference when Elding came on - we got in the game more. or the first 30 minutes we camped in our half!

Pearson was my MOTM. He won just about everything that came his way. The goal was a nice passing move and finish and I go so carried away with the brilliant atmosphere (during the whole match) that I thought we was going to nick the 3 points at the death. I'll take a point though on reflection.

Lastly, I really enjoyed Luton as an away day. The Bricklayers Arm was a good pub, I enjoyed the quirkiness of the entrance to the away end, the atmosphere from the Town fans was great and I thought both teams (when they had the ball) tried to play good passing football.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 47 - 63
80sglory
March 25, 2012, 4:08pm
Guest User
Quoted from BIGChris
Wood had a decent game on Tuesday at right back and imo is generally competent there. Yet to see him do anything to support the theory of some that he would boost our midfield

I agree he's a competent right back - I don't see him making many mistakes there.

One other thing I'll say in his favour is he sometimes provides a sense of urgency, especially when he comes on as sub.
Take York -  he quickly made himself avaliable for the throw in(urgency from throw in's is something we often seem to lack) and didn't waste any time putting the ball in the box resulting in Coulson's headed equaliser.

Last thing I'll say is yes, he may have limitations in midfield but it's not a role he's played very much(will extra games there help ?)and he's put in there to do a particular job i.e. harrying and getting stuck in.
Reply: 48 - 63
arryarryarry
March 25, 2012, 4:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from aldi_01

Brabin clearly has little tactical awareness ....

Unfortunately for an hour or so neither did our managers

Private Message
Reply: 49 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.