Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 79 Guests

Just back!

This thread currently has 6,985 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
marinette
March 24, 2012, 10:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Pearson my MOM.  We showed more spirit than class, but I came away happy. Atmosphere was good and had a great day out in Luton.  Enjoyed it.

Private Message
Reply: 30 - 63
Theimperialcoroner
March 24, 2012, 10:57pm

Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,296
Gold Stars: 103
Trouble with Duffy is that he just doesn't work hard enough. Was notable that when Elding came on, despite being shorter than Duffy, managed to win a few against Kovacs, he did this by wanting it a bit more than Duffy, he put himself about and ruffled a few feathers, doing more in 30 mins than Duffy did in the previous 60. I'm not one to hate any player, but Duffy simply doesn't cut the mustard.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 63
80sglory
March 24, 2012, 11:50pm
Guest User
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
I'll take a draw, but think they were there for the taking and as such very disappointed with the way we were set up at the start. We needed to win much more than them, so why hand the initiative to them. Once we got at them and actually started to want/need to creat5e chances, we looked a much better team.

Sounds very believable !  

To those who went, do you think any of the subs could have come on at half time ?
Not sure why we waited for them to score before making the changes ?

Also if Bradley Wood (playing right midfield) was as poor as some say, what were they waiting for with KHM ?
Reply: 32 - 63
Theimperialcoroner
March 25, 2012, 12:01am

Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,296
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from 1600

Sounds very believable !  

To those who went, do you think any of the subs could have come on at half time ?

Also if Bradley Wood (playing right midfield) was as poor as some say, what were they waiting for with KHM ?

I don't agree with the starting line up so yes the subs should have come on sooner, 60mins sooner. Without any real pace in the team we looked a bunch of cloggers. The exception to this was Coulson who ran himself silly. We just looked better balanced and sharper with Duffy and Wood out of the team.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 63
alvinghammariner
March 25, 2012, 2:50am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
Just back to Reading after missing the last direct train from london, too much drinking with paris mariner!   Bradley wood is not a midfielder, central or right. We looked a lot better 4-4-2, and a great goal by KHM! bedtime!

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 63
lobsterpot
March 25, 2012, 9:15am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
As others have stated, anyone up top on his own struggles! I am not Duffys biggest fan but was it last home game when he came from nowhere and flung himself into a challenge to win a lost header? The guy can only do what he is good at which is try and hold it up when played in yesterdays position or flick it on when in a front 2. Like someone else posted earlier, it's a doffo matter when he is slamming a header in or volleying home! Whether an individual or the team as a whole have a good game or a excrement game, i'm pretty sure S and H kow more about them than we do so get behind the boys not boo like the usual bunch of cnuts do, be better than them cos the players don't need to hear it, they know when they've been $hit they don't need telling!

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 63
lukeo
March 25, 2012, 9:27am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,416
Gold Stars: 149
I'd give Elding and KHM a run out Tuesday and really go at them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 63
PalaceMariner
March 25, 2012, 11:33am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from 1600

Sounds very believable !  

As a first time poster this seems like a good place to start. I firmly believe the two managers got their team selection wrong. Duffy was hopelessly outnumbered and we got nobody up to support him. Luton must have breathed a huge sigh of relief with the game coming as it did on the back of a 3-0 hammering.
We definitely needed some pace to take the game to them.
At half time a lot of Town fans were saying that we'd come for a point but if we weren't careful we'd get nowt.
Not sure what Hughes-Mason has to do to get a start in what is a one paced team without Hearn.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 63
Marinerz93
March 25, 2012, 12:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from PalaceMariner

As a first time poster this seems like a good place to start. I firmly believe the two managers got their team selection wrong. Duffy was hopelessly outnumbered and we got nobody up to support him. Luton must have breathed a huge sigh of relief with the game coming as it did on the back of a 3-0 hammering.
We definitely needed some pace to take the game to them.
At half time a lot of Town fans were saying that we'd come for a point but if we weren't careful we'd get nowt.
Not sure what Hughes-Mason has to do to get a start in what is a one paced team without Hearn.

good comments especially the bit in bold.  Looking at Luton they seem to be struggling of late and their fans seem to be hitting the players confidence by booing if they don't like what they see.  Luton have been in or around the play-off's from the 8th game of the season hitting the top spot after 10 games.  After that the highest they peaked was at 3rd which they held until the last 3 weeks.  They now seem to be slipping out and the Luton fans are getting on Brabins back.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 63
arryarryarry
March 25, 2012, 1:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Trouble with Duffy is that he just doesn't work hard enough. Was notable that when Elding came on, despite being shorter than Duffy, managed to win a few against Kovacs, he did this by wanting it a bit more than Duffy, he put himself about and ruffled a few feathers, doing more in 30 mins than Duffy did in the previous 60. I'm not one to hate any player, but Duffy simply doesn't cut the mustard.

I agree.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.