4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 23, 2012, 5:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 196
ive been united in states with other town fans. does that count?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 38
USA Imp
February 23, 2012, 5:55pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +38
Gold Stars: 14
Greetings my fishy friends.
Long time stalker on here, I have to say it's so much better than any of the Imps forums. Born and raised just outside of Lincoln (within spitting distance of the old loony bin) and lifetime LCFC fan from the early 60's and yes even through the dross that comes out of Sincil Bank today. Been in the states for the last 23 years (Maine, Washington DC, Nebraska and now in Richmond Virginia) and just last year became a U.S. citizen. To celebrate I treated myself to a trip to England to watch the mighty Imps against Ebbsfleet and York. Been to Blundell Park many times as a kid and my first memory is "it's bloody cold" and my second is "it's bloody windy". Funnily enough I can't remember City ever winning there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 38
aaron rattray
February 23, 2012, 6:04pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
i hate americans and all these strange names for things like freeway for motorway and sidewalk for paths and highway for street amongst others

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 38
American Mariner
February 23, 2012, 6:22pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Hi guys I live in Portland,Maine up in the north eastern corner and if you think it's cold in Grimsby you should try a winter here,usually below freezing most of the winter,enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.Aaron,you say you hate the silly saying that they have over here,well let me tell you a little story.About 6 years ago I was fast asleep at 3.00am and there was a girl outside of our apartment talking loudly on the phone,eventually I got a little bit pi**ed off with it so I opened the window and shouted..."If you don't get off that bloody phone when I get up at 6 for work Iam going to come over to your apartment and KNOCK YOU UP'.meaning I'll wake you up.She rushed back into her apartment and I didn't see her for two weeks.My wife said,I think you'll find that the phrase KNOCK YOU UP  means something completely over here.............Hmm Hmm.Also when I asked for 20 fags in the local store the girl there did not know what the hell I was talking about.I had 19 fags following me home and one of them was on the phone and was heard to say,,,,,,,,Hurry up Larry this guy wants 20 fags and there's only 19 of us so there's a vacancy.lol.
I've been here for 10 years almost ten years and there is NO WAY that I would become an American citizen.........MIND YOU I HAVE CONVERTED MY BROTHER IN LAW TO SAY BONNET AND BOOT AND BUMPER on his car.
UP THE MIGHTY MARINERS AND LETS SEND YORK AWAY UNHAPPY ON SATURDAY
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 38
American Mariner
February 23, 2012, 6:24pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
CRISPS=CHIPS
BUMPER=FENDER
BOOT=TRUNK
AMERICANS = DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 38
ivanosandwich
February 23, 2012, 7:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
Elevator - Short for lift.
Automobile - short for car
Sidewalk - short for path
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 38
ivanosandwich
February 23, 2012, 7:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
I work with Americans and was in a pub in London a few weeks back with them when there was a "soccer game" on TV. They were watching but I spent most of my time on the Sky Sports Centre app on my phone checking on the Town score, away at Barrow.

I did my best to educate them on The Mariners but gave up when one asked, "Do they wait until near the end of the game to score. or will they try at anytime"?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 38
louth_in_the_south
February 23, 2012, 8:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,725
Gold Stars: 96
I lived in Fargo , north Dakota for a year about 10 years ago . It was fookin excrement there and couldn't wait to get home . I did pull the fittest girl of my life in Minneapolis tho so that was ok

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 38
nickmariners
February 23, 2012, 8:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 4
I lived in New York in the 90s, and there was another Town fan living there at the time. We used to go and watch matches at an Irish pub in midtown on a Saturday morning, full of Chelsea supporting dickheads working on Wall St. There are some beautiful parts to Jersey, I quite liked the faded grandeur of the Jersey shore, reminded me of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire seaside towns.

I lived in NYC at the same time, and agree with what you say about NJ -- I really liked "Joisey", and shared a summer beach house there with a great bunch.  

I came home 'for the day' to see Town at Wembley in 98, emotional or what.  Lived in Chicago 79/80, and now spend large chunk of each year in LA.

Watching English football - especially England matches--  in NYC bars, usually early morning was a real treat - Guiness and a"Full Irish" (yeah, I know).  Best of all, except for result was World Cup vs Argentina in 1998 in a small bar with, of all people,  the Spice Girls!! Posh Spice stomped out after DB was sent off and through the pub window we saw her make a mobile call -- on the telly we saw him on the bench as he picked up his mobile to answer.

My lovely parents would send me the GT back page every week so I could keep up with the Fall and Rise of the Mariners.    Feels like we're rising again...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 38
immariner
February 23, 2012, 9:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
It's always fascinated me how people can just up-sticks and root themselves somewhere so far away and unfamiliar (though of course you have the language there at least), far away from loved ones and things you love (watching the might Mariners). Obviously there's much more to life than sticking to what you know and I can't wait to travel as much as possible. Obviously if a great opportunity came up to live abroad I'd almost certainly feel differently, though I couldn't see myself living anywhere else in the States than New England as I love history and historic architecture too much. I'd go for a year; any of you offer free lodge?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › any GTFC fans in the United States

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.