any GTFC fans in the United States

This thread currently has 3,142 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
USAMariner
February 23, 2012, 1:32am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
*mods feel free to merge if there is another another thread similar*

I know there are some other fans in the States....stand up and where are you from?

Been living here since 2000. Originally moved to New Jersey, but have been living in North Carolina for thepast 10 years

It's better to be judged by twelve, than it is to be carried by six
Logged Offline
Private Message
UTFM
February 23, 2012, 2:16am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +23
Jersey? Who in their right mind would ever willingly move to Jersey?  

Mariner fan here living in Los Angeles for the past 11 years... was living in New York City for 4 years prior to that... but am not an American.  The job is here, and thus so am I.

At least I can go watch the MLS champion LA Galaxy (and pretty boy Beckham) if need be... although to be honest I don't  .  The Home Depot Center ain't got nothin' on Blundell Park!

"It is about Mike Parker taking over the club with an equally rich Icelandic business partner called Skarphedin Berg Steinarsson." (Career Underdogs)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 38
OH Mariner
February 23, 2012, 4:10am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Lived for 7 years in Rockford, IL. I now live in Toledo, OH.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 38
crusty ole pie
February 23, 2012, 7:13am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,398
Gold Stars: 66
Greetings our American based mariners hope your all saving your dollars ready for a trip back home shortly ( we........y )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 38
USAMariner
February 23, 2012, 1:09pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from UTFM
Jersey? Who in their right mind would ever willingly move to Jersey?  

Mariner fan here living in Los Angeles for the past 11 years... was living in New York City for 4 years prior to that... but am not an American.  The job is here, and thus so am I.

At least I can go watch the MLS champion LA Galaxy (and pretty boy Beckham) if need be... although to be honest I don't  .  The Home Depot Center ain't got nothin' on Blundell Park!

LOL....wife was living in Jersey at the time. To be honest we lived in a decent part of the state - 30mins from the beach or NYC, so it wasn't all that bad.

Moved to NC since that where she's from originally and has family here.

Haven't been home in 11 years

It's better to be judged by twelve, than it is to be carried by six
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 38
tanga_the_indestructible
February 23, 2012, 2:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +655
Gold Stars: 5
I lived in New York in the 90s, and there was another Town fan living there at the time. We used to go and watch matches at an Irish pub in midtown on a Saturday morning, full of Chelsea supporting dickheads working on Wall St. There are some beautiful parts to Jersey, I quite liked the faded grandeur of the Jersey shore, reminded me of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire seaside towns.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 38
acko338
February 23, 2012, 2:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,213
Gold Stars: 33
We had two great guys stay with us for the weekend of the last Wembley game vs MK Dons - a father and son from Seattle - really great guys and passionate about the team - Eric was the son, sorry, forgot the father's name.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 38
psgmariner
February 23, 2012, 2:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
I lived in New York in the 90s, and there was another Town fan living there at the time. We used to go and watch matches at an Irish pub in midtown on a Saturday morning, full of Chelsea supporting dickheads working on Wall St. There are some beautiful parts to Jersey, I quite liked the faded grandeur of the Jersey shore, reminded me of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire seaside towns.

Atlantic City in December was very faded but like you I enjoyed it more beacuse of this. Only stayed 1 night but was an interesting if fairly shabby place.

I seem to have bad / good timing with stuff like this as went to Coney Island the day after it had closed down for the season (September time) and it was the one day of my stay when it was really windy and rainy.

Out of season, windswept sea side towns are ace!

EDIT - aware I have just non footied this.

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 38
Dan
February 23, 2012, 3:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Not yet!

I work in L.A and New York sometimes. Hoping for a transfer one day. When the company will sponsor me.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 38
upthestripes
February 23, 2012, 5:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
I would like to visit but wouldn't want to live there. Canada on the other hand looks stunning, if a bit on the nippy side. I always thought it seemed like there were lots of parallels between US & Canada and England & Scotland.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 38
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › any GTFC fans in the United States

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.