9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
kevikov
February 23, 2012, 7:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
How do you set a picture as an avatar biccys?

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 88
Paris Mariner
February 23, 2012, 7:53pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from Simariner
As some of you will know from my nagging on FB and from the local GY Telegraph, I'm Treking up Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa in 3 weeks time.
On my 7 day trek, I am intending to wear my Grimsby Town shirt on summit day and i'm hoping to stick a GTFC mini kit on the wooden plinth at the top of the mountain. (I will get photo proof)  

So is there any unusual places that you have worn your Mariners shirt with pride?

Also if you do care to sponsor me on my trek, all monies raised is for Marie Curie Cancer Care which i'm now only about £600 from reaching my target.  I know some of you have already!
Please read more via my link............ http://www.justgiving.com/SimonStephenson-MountKiliTrek
Many Thanks

Pompeii is a personal favourite. I always wear it in Saint-Etienne. My best occasion was at one of the Disney parks in Orlando and I was walking up these steps  when this small kid comes running up beside me panting and shouts "are yous Dunfermline fans as well?!" and I just looked at him laughing and went "no, Grimsby mate".

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 41 - 88
hertfordshire mariner
February 23, 2012, 8:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
i gave one of my old town tops to a mud hut dweller on the mauritania / senagal border a few year ago, also taught him some anti yorkshire chants. ive got a pic somewhere, will see if i can find it.

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 88
hertfordshire mariner
February 23, 2012, 8:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
found it

also a bit closer to home,  at v festival last year i was camped next to a gaggle of yorkies who had a massive flagpole with the yorkie rose on it...... had to be done

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 88
Biccys
February 23, 2012, 8:49pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from kevikov
How do you set a picture as an avatar biccys?

Click your own username and add it in the same way as explained before.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 88
February 23, 2012, 9:16pm
Guest User
Menorca on our holiday resort  and a Town fan was there. We showed all the cockneys and Yorkies what a great club was , UTM !
Reply: 45 - 88
Citymariner
February 23, 2012, 11:00pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
This is at Robin Hood's Bay after we got relegated. The ww2 mine says it all...

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 46 - 88
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 23, 2012, 11:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from Brazilnut
was in Tunisia when we beat Fulham to stay  up......kept popping to same shop and had 2 or 3 england tops on during week and everytime i was in there the owner was offering me the equivalent of about 5 pound for which ever England top i had on......on the sunday of the fulham match popped in to shop with Town top on (not frst time i wore it all week just first time in shop in it ) the owner offered my about 15 quid for it he was so keen....anyway later that day after i found out we had stayed up took an england top down there and got about a fiver of him for it ...he was smiling loads .....then just took off town top off and gave it to him.......he was going mad.....we was leaving on the wednesday ......went down for breakfast on the wed's and he was there waiting ......200 fags and  bottle of local vodka  wouldnt take a penny ........bloke behind reception who spoke better english said he was absolutley over moon with town top ........and had been up hotel twice to find out when we was going so he could catch us  

That is such a heart-warming story. Reminds me of the Parable of the Sower (or whatever it's called).

"Some fell on rocky ground (ManU supporting scum) and was losteth for none shall grow on this waste of space. Some fell on fallow ground (whatever that may be-eth)  and groweth not for it was as infertile even as a biddy that was 91 (Liverpool). Some did grow a bit but still dieth for it had not the depth-eth to support a strong harvest (Spurs).

But from some groweth an mighty black n white barmy Ay-rab. And so pleasdeth was he that he did smite the Hullite.  And verily the Ford did looketh upon His works and it was good. Eth."

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 88
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 24, 2012, 1:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
loads of tops in loads of countries. fave ones:

all the boys wearing them for nights out in magaluf

wearing a town shirt in the camelk bar in sharm el sheikh and getting free beer for the rest of our stay there (though we were all inclusive at a hotel up the road)

wearing mine at the nou camp and everyone asking if it was a juventus top. until a brummie turned round and said it was a notts county top! tw at

fave has to be, watching town v ipswich in marmaris. me and an ipswich fan at same hotel went down to a pub on the seafront. pub was heaving as it was arsenal v man ure (i could be wrong) in the charity shield. at full time, the place deserted leaving just me and said ipswich fan. didnt have to pay for a drink and we got steaming on yeni raki!!!! good times!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 88
kevikov
February 24, 2012, 8:17am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Biccys

Click your own username and add it in the same way as explained before.

I thank you. (still not sure how till i build up the bother to try but thank you all the same  )

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Wearing your GTFC top

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.