This thread currently has 24,741 views. Print
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Simariner
February 20, 2012, 9:54pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
As some of you will know from my nagging on FB and from the local GY Telegraph, I'm Treking up Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa in 3 weeks time.
On my 7 day trek, I am intending to wear my Grimsby Town shirt on summit day and i'm hoping to stick a GTFC mini kit on the wooden plinth at the top of the mountain. (I will get photo proof)  

So is there any unusual places that you have worn your Mariners shirt with pride?

Also if you do care to sponsor me on my trek, all monies raised is for Marie Curie Cancer Care which i'm now only about £600 from reaching my target.  I know some of you have already!
Please read more via my link............ http://www.justgiving.com/SimonStephenson-MountKiliTrek
Many Thanks
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
TAGG
February 20, 2012, 10:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,982
Gold Stars: 121
I wear my Town shirt all over S E Asia where I work. Loads of people know about Town in places like Singapore and Burma now.
I have to buy a new shirt as I have given mine to my Radio Op. He publishes a football paper in Rangoon and he’s going to publish a story about the history of Town next month in his paper.
UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 88
sutton mariner
February 20, 2012, 10:10pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
Good luck mate
Will also be wearing my town top in Tanzania in July!

The only other strange place I've worn it was on the gondolas in Venice the day after we got to the Jpt final.

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 88
Theimperialcoroner
February 20, 2012, 10:16pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
I regularly wear mine down by the Brayford to wind up our Gimpy cousins.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 88
gtfcnewman
February 20, 2012, 10:21pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -1
watch out for a town top at WRESTLEMANIA on april 1st from miami!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 88
MyDogsThoughts
February 20, 2012, 10:29pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Had a picture of me in a town shirt published in SWWF some years ago: inside the Artic Circle in Alaska, just by the sign on the way to 'Deadhorse' that said 'Top of the world' had my scarf with me too!

Son and me outside Barcelona ground by gate number one both in Town shirts.

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 88
AdamHaddock
February 20, 2012, 10:30pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,746
Gold Stars: 24
I think I wore mine while climbing Rangitoto (which I accept is slightly smaller than Kilomanjaro). Can't check as I don't really take snaps when on holiday (or at any other time to be honest).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 88
I believe in Cod
February 20, 2012, 10:45pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Wore mine all over Florida when I was there about 9 years ago

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 88
gary_elton
February 20, 2012, 10:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Cairo , Istanbul , Tel Aviv, Montego Bay, Famagusta , Helsinki, Stockholm, Berlin ,
Amsterdam, Baku , oh... and all round Aldershot and Farnborough just lately....  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 88
Simariner
February 20, 2012, 10:58pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Went to Florida last year and whilst wearing my shirt  in Universal studios I heard a cry of 'Mariners!!'   Was a couple from Waltham. ha
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 88
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.