9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
February 21, 2012, 10:25am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,177
Gold Stars: 50
I played darts last night for GTFC ** in my Grimsby Town 2006 play-off final tee shirt !

** Grantham Town FC

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 88
jock dock tower
February 21, 2012, 11:29am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Had a photo published in Town's matchday programme in the late 1980's of me with a Town pennant in Leningrad.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 88
ponnyfan
February 21, 2012, 11:32am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from Simariner
Went to Florida last year and whilst wearing my shirt  in Universal studios I heard a cry of 'Mariners!!'   Was a couple from Waltham. ha
Same happened to me coming home in Duty Free at Sharm el Sheik Airport  

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 88
Wrawby_Mariner
February 21, 2012, 11:48am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
North Lindsey College in Scunny
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 23 - 88
cmackenzie4
February 21, 2012, 12:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Had mine on all over europe and the states when serving in the forces in the late 80s and early 90s, Also worn mine in one of the most remotest places on the british isles - Knoydart peninsula.  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 88
Pontoon Steve
February 21, 2012, 1:39pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +6
Wore mine in Florida in 2002, ran into another town fans also wearing one, was hiding behind a sales counter singing Mariners, and this chap was looking all round to see where it was coming from. Also got some strange looks in 2008 sat in Manchester airport waiting to go to Florida again, the day of the paint pot trophy.Wherever  i go abroad i always take a Town shirt and always run into someone from home.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 88
jock dock tower
February 21, 2012, 3:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Had mine on all over europe and the states when serving in the forces in the late 80s and early 90s, Also worn mine in one of the most remotest places on the british isles - Knoydart peninsula.  

My wife raves about the pub there, Chris. Will eventually get there myself, did you rate it like everyone else does, ie superb?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 88
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 21, 2012, 3:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Wore mine in Grimsby once. Felt really exotic cos of all the Liverpool, ManU, etc shirts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 88
kevikov
February 21, 2012, 8:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +840
Gold Stars: 13
I've got a picture of me wearing the last nike one in some dirty desert temple while on a quad biking
day trip in sharm el sheik a few years ago. Got on of them black and white tea towels round my face/head
as well that they give to everyone. I do look a bit "dodgy"!

Actually wouldn't mind using it as an avatar but haven't worked out how to do it yet, anyone? (in simple talk please)

Other places - new york, on top of what was then the twin towers, barbados, cancun - where some idiot
asked if it was a newcastle shirt, numpty. spain, tenerife - where i watched whits split als lip and last week
in lanzarote where i asked why a lad from donny supported man u and had a soft spot for barnsley?!

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 88
Brazilnut
February 21, 2012, 8:44pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
was in Tunisia when we beat Fulham to stay  up......kept popping to same shop and had 2 or 3 england tops on during week and everytime i was in there the owner was offering me the equivalent of about 5 pound for which ever England top i had on......on the sunday of the fulham match popped in to shop with Town top on (not frst time i wore it all week just first time in shop in it ) the owner offered my about 15 quid for it he was so keen....anyway later that day after i found out we had stayed up took an england top down there and got about a fiver of him for it ...he was smiling loads .....then just took off town top off and gave it to him.......he was going mad.....we was leaving on the wednesday ......went down for breakfast on the wed's and he was there waiting ......200 fags and  bottle of local vodka  wouldnt take a penny ........bloke behind reception who spoke better english said he was absolutley over moon with town top ........and had been up hotel twice to find out when we was going so he could catch us  

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Wearing your GTFC top

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.