This thread currently has 10,270 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
LeightonMariner
February 17, 2012, 12:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from Coley Surfer

It must be great to listen to just one side of every story. You are a propagandists dream. None of what you mentioned above has ever been substantiated and most of it is rumour and conjecture.

At least I tried the sarcastic approach.  You just steamed in with your size 12's  

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 59
davmariner
February 17, 2012, 12:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,924
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from LeightonMariner

I wasn't present at any of the meetings between JF and MP so I have to form my opinions from official statements.  You clearly were at these meetings so I bow to your superior knowledge.

Who said anything about meetings? There weren't any as Mike Parker completely refused to have any meetings or have any contact with Fenty. I pretty sure it's common knowledge that that's the main reason why he left. From what MP said on Look North and his interview on RH. Fenty also said himself. Were you thinking up sarcastic comments when this all happened?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 59
davmariner
February 17, 2012, 12:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Furneaux also stood down quite soon after!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 59
STB
February 17, 2012, 12:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
FFS, without the £1m Parker put in, IMHO, we wouldn't have a club.

Hopefully, at some point in my life, I'll be able to support a Fenty-free GTFC but until then . . .

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 59
Coley Surfer
February 17, 2012, 12:34pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Quoted from davmariner

Who said anything about meetings? There weren't any as Mike Parker completely refused to have any meetings or have any contact with Fenty. I pretty sure it's common knowledge that that's the main reason why he left. From what MP said on Look North and his interview on RH. Fenty also said himself. Were you thinking up sarcastic comments when this all happened?

Bloody Hell, there you go again. Common Knowledge???? and where did this knowledge come from?

So here I am once more in the playground of the broken hearts
One more experience, one more entry in a diary, self-penned
Yet another emotional suicide overdosed on sentiment and pride
Too late to say I love you, too late to re-stage the play
Abandoning the relics in my playground of yesterday
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 59
Squarkus
February 17, 2012, 12:35pm

Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from davmariner

The bottom line is that he walked away for no reason other than Mr Furneaux being on the board (and he was leaving at the end of the season anyway). Yes he invested £1 million but his childish and petulant antics have created instability. If it wasn't for the takeover panel then I think this feud between Parker and the board would have continued as he probably wouldn't have gifted the shares to the Trust if it wasn't for the investigation.

Thanks for the £1 million Mr Parker, but in hindsight bringing you to the club was a bad move. He was also the deciding factor in appointing Neil Woods over Russell Slade. That just sums it up for me.
could not of put that better myself, so if you look at the woods appointment and how much he spent on over egsagerated wages, loan players and journey men, thats parkers money gone, fenty still backed parker on all these desissions and took all the flack, he is still backing the club and willing to invest more money, all he is protecting is himself being kicked out of office by the trust and parker.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 59
davmariner
February 17, 2012, 12:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from STB
FFS, without the £1m Parker put in, IMHO, we wouldn't have a club.

Hopefully, at some point in my life, I'll be able to support a Fenty-free GTFC but until then . . .

Without Fenty prior to this, MP wouldn't have had anything to put into!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 59
Coley Surfer
February 17, 2012, 12:37pm
Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Quoted from davmariner
Furneaux also stood down quite soon after!

Yet Parker didn't come back. You would have thought he would if he only left because Furneaux was on the board.

So here I am once more in the playground of the broken hearts
One more experience, one more entry in a diary, self-penned
Yet another emotional suicide overdosed on sentiment and pride
Too late to say I love you, too late to re-stage the play
Abandoning the relics in my playground of yesterday
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 59
davmariner
February 17, 2012, 12:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Coley Surfer

It must be great to listen to just one side of every story. You are a propagandists dream. None of what you mentioned above has ever been substantiated and most of it is rumour and conjecture.

As opposed to dreaming up conspiracy theories against JF? Jog on mate.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 59
davmariner
February 17, 2012, 12:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Coley Surfer

Yet Parker didn't come back. You would have thought he would if he only left because Furneaux was on the board.

Well clearly that shows that they tried to do something about it. Surely that says more about MP than anything else? Just shows how much he cares about GTFC.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Well done The Trust

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.