6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
LondonMariner43
February 17, 2012, 11:43am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
i have nothing to do with the Trust but I am delighted that they have agreed a solution with John Fenty that removes the highly worrying gridlock created by Mike Parker which could have ended in administration.

What a relief together with the Bennett money to have our future secure for two years.  How many clubs can say that?

With one or two Wembley appearances we could be in a great position financially.

The tide is turning for GTFC.

Why all the sniping on the sidelines?  If people don't like it, do they have money to buy out JF and takeover?
Logged Offline
Private Message
davmariner
February 17, 2012, 11:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Cue the idiots claiming that you are John Fenty. Good post!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 59
Will Haddock
February 17, 2012, 11:49am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -32
WHS

If one of us wins the Euromillions tonight, may be we can buy Mr Fenty out - but who's to say that we'd be any more popular, and make the right choices?

We should be grateful to Mr Fenty for the amount of his own money he has put into the club, and of course he should be entitled to a greater share holding in return.

Up the Mariners

<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 59
Brisbane Mariner
February 17, 2012, 11:57am

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
Sanity at last well done all above. He is a big fan like the rest of us. It just costs him more!! UTM

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 59
lukeo
February 17, 2012, 11:58am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
IF I won the euro's I'd not buy Fenty out. I'd say here is £1million and at the end of the season a further £1million towards keeping the players and adding 1 or 2 quality additions... all I'd want in return is to go where I like when I like at home games. All I'd do is go in the Main stand with my grandad until kick off then go in the Ponny though  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 59
LeightonMariner
February 17, 2012, 12:04pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from LondonMariner43
i have nothing to do with the Trust but I am delighted that they have agreed a solution with John Fenty that removes the highly worrying gridlock created by Mike Parker which could have ended in administration.

What a relief together with the Bennett money to have our future secure for two years.  How many clubs can say that?

With one or two Wembley appearances we could be in a great position financially.

Why all the sniping on the sidelines?  If people don't like it, do they have money to buy out JF and takeover?

Your basis for that comment is?  To the best of my knowledge investing £1m in a failing business might have just added to the chances of avoiding administration?

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 59
LeightonMariner
February 17, 2012, 12:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from lukeo
IF I won the euro's I'd not buy Fenty out. I'd say here is £1million and at the end of the season a further £1million towards keeping the players and adding 1 or 2 quality additions... all I'd want in return is to go where I like when I like at home games. All I'd do is go in the Main stand with my grandad until kick off then go in the Ponny though  

I've had this dream countless times but my approach would be slightly different because JF is correct that the burden needs to be spread.  I'd therefore ask him if he would agree to writing down all of his loans in return for a 'gift' to the club of an equal amount from my winnings, with the only caveat being that no share dividend be paid for 5 years, to ensure that the money stayed in the club.  I wouldn't want to run the club because I simply don't have the ability.  Despite his mistakes he has the experience and starting from a 'clean' position and with the right person doing the day to day stuff I think he'd maximise the clubs potential.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 59
davmariner
February 17, 2012, 12:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from LeightonMariner

Your basis for that comment is?  To the best of my knowledge investing £1m in a failing business might have just added to the chances of avoiding administration?

The bottom line is that he walked away for no reason other than Mr Furneaux being on the board (and he was leaving at the end of the season anyway). Yes he invested £1 million but his childish and petulant antics have created instability. If it wasn't for the takeover panel then I think this feud between Parker and the board would have continued as he probably wouldn't have gifted the shares to the Trust if it wasn't for the investigation.

Thanks for the £1 million Mr Parker, but in hindsight bringing you to the club was a bad move. He was also the deciding factor in appointing Neil Woods over Russell Slade. That just sums it up for me.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 59
LeightonMariner
February 17, 2012, 12:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from davmariner

The bottom line is that he walked away for no reason other than Mr Furneaux being on the board (and he was leaving at the end of the season anyway). Yes he invested £1 million but his childish and petulant antics have created instability. If it wasn't for the takeover panel then I think this feud between Parker and the board would have continued as he probably wouldn't have gifted the shares to the Trust if it wasn't for the investigation.

Thanks for the £1 million Mr Parker, but in hindsight bringing you to the club was a bad move. He was also the deciding factor in appointing Neil Woods over Russell Slade. That just sums it up for me.

I wasn't present at any of the meetings between JF and MP so I have to form my opinions from official statements.  You clearly were at these meetings so I bow to your superior knowledge.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 59
Coley Surfer
February 17, 2012, 12:24pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Quoted from davmariner

It must be great to listen to just one side of every story. You are a propagandists dream. None of what you mentioned above has ever been substantiated and most of it is rumour and conjecture.

So here I am once more in the playground of the broken hearts
One more experience, one more entry in a diary, self-penned
Yet another emotional suicide overdosed on sentiment and pride
Too late to say I love you, too late to re-stage the play
Abandoning the relics in my playground of yesterday
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 59
LeightonMariner
February 17, 2012, 12:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Coley Surfer

It must be great to listen to just one side of every story. You are a propagandists dream. None of what you mentioned above has ever been substantiated and most of it is rumour and conjecture.

At least I tried the sarcastic approach.  You just steamed in with your size 12's  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 59
davmariner
February 17, 2012, 12:30pm
Vodka Drinker

I wasn't present at any of the meetings between JF and MP so I have to form my opinions from official statements.  You clearly were at these meetings so I bow to your superior knowledge.

Who said anything about meetings? There weren't any as Mike Parker completely refused to have any meetings or have any contact with Fenty. I pretty sure it's common knowledge that that's the main reason why he left. From what MP said on Look North and his interview on RH. Fenty also said himself. Were you thinking up sarcastic comments when this all happened?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 59
davmariner
February 17, 2012, 12:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Furneaux also stood down quite soon after!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 59
STB
February 17, 2012, 12:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
FFS, without the £1m Parker put in, IMHO, we wouldn't have a club.

Hopefully, at some point in my life, I'll be able to support a Fenty-free GTFC but until then . . .

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 59
Coley Surfer
February 17, 2012, 12:34pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from davmariner

Who said anything about meetings? There weren't any as Mike Parker completely refused to have any meetings or have any contact with Fenty. I pretty sure it's common knowledge that that's the main reason why he left. From what MP said on Look North and his interview on RH. Fenty also said himself. Were you thinking up sarcastic comments when this all happened?

Bloody Hell, there you go again. Common Knowledge???? and where did this knowledge come from?

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 59
Squarkus
February 17, 2012, 12:35pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from davmariner

could not of put that better myself, so if you look at the woods appointment and how much he spent on over egsagerated wages, loan players and journey men, thats parkers money gone, fenty still backed parker on all these desissions and took all the flack, he is still backing the club and willing to invest more money, all he is protecting is himself being kicked out of office by the trust and parker.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 59
davmariner
February 17, 2012, 12:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from STB
FFS, without the £1m Parker put in, IMHO, we wouldn't have a club.

Hopefully, at some point in my life, I'll be able to support a Fenty-free GTFC but until then . . .

Without Fenty prior to this, MP wouldn't have had anything to put into!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 59
Coley Surfer
February 17, 2012, 12:37pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from davmariner
Furneaux also stood down quite soon after!

Yet Parker didn't come back. You would have thought he would if he only left because Furneaux was on the board.

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 59
davmariner
February 17, 2012, 12:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Coley Surfer

As opposed to dreaming up conspiracy theories against JF? Jog on mate.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 59
davmariner
February 17, 2012, 12:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Coley Surfer

Yet Parker didn't come back. You would have thought he would if he only left because Furneaux was on the board.

Well clearly that shows that they tried to do something about it. Surely that says more about MP than anything else? Just shows how much he cares about GTFC.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 59
Quagmire
February 17, 2012, 12:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +929
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from davmariner

Without Fenty prior to this, MP wouldn't have had anything to put into!

Without Fenty putting together ridiculous budgets, making bad managerial choices, and paying off various players and managers Fenty himself wouldn't have had to put in the amount of money he has LOANED the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 59
LeightonMariner
February 17, 2012, 12:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from davmariner

Oh so you're actually speculating then, you know, I would never have guessed.  Look, neither of us really know the reason behind Mike Parkers decision or indeed even if it was his decision.  Take a look at what JF is currently trying to get the trust to do and then perhaps you'll realise that he tends to deal the odd one from the back of his hand.  I have absolutely no issue with anyone having a different opinion to mine and to be honest if I'm wrong I always hold my hand up.  On this occasion I'm not siding with either party, but you are.  I simply quoted a fact, you didn't, that's fine but don't assume that anyone who disagrees with you is an 'idiot'....... unless you can support your statement with a fact!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 59
dapperz fun pub
February 17, 2012, 12:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from davmariner

As opposed to dreaming up conspiracy theories against JF? Jog on mate.

i have a theory that fenty tried to shaft parker buy forcing him to buy the club but yet still maintaining his hold over the club with his benign loans,just a theory like
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 59
Denby
February 17, 2012, 12:51pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
i'm absolutely horrified that people fall for fenty's spin time and time again
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 59
dapperz fun pub
February 17, 2012, 12:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Denby

was it you who said just sign the cheques but dont make any relevant decisions
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 59
Sixpence
February 17, 2012, 1:04pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -6
Quoted from Denby

What spin? Its fairly clear to me that this will benefit all sides for the long term future of GTFC. Isn't that what we all want. Your horrified at what exactly?  Options have you?  

Come on Denby give JF and the Trust some credit for getting this far. The vote gets a YES from me because these two parties have agreed in principle and require the members to rubberstamp it so we can all look forward to a brighter future.

Up The Mariners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 59
Denby
February 17, 2012, 1:07pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

was it you who said just sign the cheques but dont make any relevant decisions

i don't think so, but i don't understand your post
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 59
Squarkus
February 17, 2012, 1:13pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Denby
what spin you tube, have you met him, do you know him, he is one of the most honourable men i have come across, if you do buisness with him and shake his hand you can take it to the bank.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 59
Coley Surfer
February 17, 2012, 1:15pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Sixpence

What spin? Its fairly clear to me that this will benefit all sides for the long term future of GTFC. Isn't that what we all want. Your horrified at what exactly?  Options have you?  

Come on Denby give JF and the Trust some credit for getting this far. The vote gets a YES from me because these two parties have agreed in principle and require the members to rubberstamp it so we can all look forward to a brighter future.

Up The Mariners.

Long Term?? 2013 is next year.

Patient : Have you found a cure Doctor.
Doctor: Yes. Take one of these tablets every day for the rest of your life.
Patient: Oh thank you doctor. Hang on theres only 12 tablets in here.

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 59
LeightonMariner
February 17, 2012, 1:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Squarkus
what spin you tube, have you met him, do you know him, he is one of the most honourable men i have come across, if you do buisness with him and shake his hand you can take it to the bank.

That's great, what will the trust be taking to the bank in exchange for 40% of their shares?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 59
dapperz fun pub
February 17, 2012, 1:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Squarkus

i could blow that out of the water but due to legal reasons i wont,well not yet anyway
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 59
Denby

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Sixpence

Up The Mariners.

fenty is attempting to tell the trust who can and can't pool their shares within the trust, this doesn't seem right to me

why do the trust board "feel" that the actual timing of the bennett money is uncertain, why don't they know, it's pretty damn important
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 59
LeightonMariner
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Coley Surfer

Long Term?? 2013 is next year.

Patient : Have you found a cure Doctor.
Doctor: Yes. Take one of these tablets every day for the rest of your life.
Patient: Oh thank you doctor. Hang on theres only 12 tablets in here.

Quality!!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 59
Squarkus
February 17, 2012, 1:19pm

Lager Top Drinker

That's great, what will the trust be taking to the bank in exchange for 40% of their shares?
the fact that we still have a football club to move forward with and by the way 40% of fcuk all is nowt.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 59
Squarkus
February 17, 2012, 1:27pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Coley Surfer

Yeah. Give me this, give me that cos if you don't bad things might happen. Honourable, look it up in a dictionary along with buisness (sic)i can drive a tractor,ooh arr

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 59
LeightonMariner
February 17, 2012, 1:34pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Squarkus
the fact that we still have a football club to move forward with and by the way 40% of fcuk all is nowt.

We had a football club before JF arrived on the scene, a very successful one lest you forget.  We will still have a football club long after he's gone.  Let me explain something to you.  I have 3 children, each of which costs me an absolute fortune.  I'm comfortable with that because that's my investment in their future.  No great shakes there from me, nothing special, I'm simply doing what all parents do.  One thing I'll never do though is 'over-speculate' on luxurys that I can't really afford, neither will I take risks or gambles unless the odds are hugely in my favour and even then I'll have a contingency in case the worst were to happen.  That said if I did put my family unit at risk because of my poor decisions or gambles I wouldn't expect them to hand over their precious gifts from Nanna when I could just as easily sell one of my cars.

I hope that makes sense to you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 59
Squarkus
February 17, 2012, 1:36pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

i could blow that out of the water but due to legal reasons i wont,well not yet anyway
you couldn,t blow a bubble, not yet anyway, what do you mean by that, i will keep buying the GET now to see what happens daperz

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 59
davmariner
February 17, 2012, 1:39pm
Vodka Drinker

Oh so you're actually speculating then, you know, I would never have guessed.  Look, neither of us really know the reason behind Mike Parkers decision or indeed even if it was his decision.  Take a look at what JF is currently trying to get the trust to do and then perhaps you'll realise that he tends to deal the odd one from the back of his hand.  I have absolutely no issue with anyone having a different opinion to mine and to be honest if I'm wrong I always hold my hand up.  On this occasion I'm not siding with either party, but you are.  I simply quoted a fact, you didn't, that's fine but don't assume that anyone who disagrees with you is an 'idiot'....... unless you can support your statement with a fact!

No, I'm not speculating I'm going by what Mike Parker said directly to Radio Humberside and Look North. The reasons he stated for leaving was that he was unhappy with the set-up of the board of directors at GTFC, therefore he resigned. I would trawl through various archives but I'm pretty sure someone switched on with verify. At no point did Parker say 'The reason I left was because of John Fenty' at all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/grimsby_town/9410893.stm Here's a link that pretty much sums up Mike Parker's view. The problem wasn't John Fenty it was the board as a whole. And before anyone says 'John Fenty wouldn't change for Mike Parker' etc etc, this decision is made by the board as a whole not soley by John Fenty. In fact Fenty said himself that he actually voted with Mike Parker on this issue. As I mentioned previously the departure of Furneaux soon after showed a willingness from the board to reconcile with Mike Parker which wasn't matched by he himself.

At no point have I personally attacked anyone for a differing opinion, just the people who speculate themselves and come up with these theories about Fenty and his motives. People seem to forget that he is a fan of the club and wants to work forward towards a better future. Of course John has made some bad decisions and he has been personally attacked for the appointment of Neil Woods when it was a majority board decision.

With regards to the whole Mariners Trust situation, I don't think Fenty is trying to shaft them, he wants security. He's willing to match the £200,000 from the Trust from his own back pocket which is fair enough. It's not like he's demanding the Trust transfer all the shares over to him, all he wants is security which most people would agree is fair enough. The Trust would remain significant Shareholders in GTFC, enough to make a difference. Fenty has also considered the idea of the Trust gaining a seat on the board of directors, and I'm pretty confident that this will happen in the near future. You'll have to ask the Trust themselves what the situation is.

With regards to your comment about 'siding', you're are correct in that respect. I'm siding with a man who hasn't left GTFC over petty disputes and  man who has continuously put his hand in his pocket for this club. I feel that if we are to move on as a club we should put our differences aside and support the current regime because at this stage there is no alternative.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 59
Coley Surfer
February 17, 2012, 1:45pm
Season Ticket Holder
So he never said it was Furneaux then did he?

Private Message
Reply: 38 - 59
LeightonMariner
February 17, 2012, 1:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from davmariner

No, I'm not speculating I'm going by what Mike Parker said directly to Radio Humberside and Look North. The reasons he stated for leaving was that he was unhappy with the set-up of the board of directors at GTFC, therefore he resigned. I would trawl through various archives but I'm pretty sure someone switched on with verify. At no point did Parker say 'The reason I left was because of John Fenty' at all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/grimsby_town/9410893.stm Here's a link that pretty much sums up Mike Parker's view. The problem wasn't John Fenty it was the board as a whole. And before anyone says 'John Fenty wouldn't change for Mike Parker' etc etc, this decision is made by the board as a whole not soley by John Fenty. In fact Fenty said himself that he actually voted with Mike Parker on this issue. As I mentioned previously the departure of Furneaux soon after showed a willingness from the board to reconcile with Mike Parker which wasn't matched by he himself.

At no point have I personally attacked anyone for a differing opinion, just the people who speculate themselves and come up with these theories about Fenty and his motives. People seem to forget that he is a fan of the club and wants to work forward towards a better future. Of course John has made some bad decisions and he has been personally attacked for the appointment of Neil Woods when it was a majority board decision.

With regards to the whole Mariners Trust situation, I don't think Fenty is trying to shaft them, he wants security. He's willing to match the £200,000 from the Trust from his own back pocket which is fair enough. It's not like he's demanding the Trust transfer all the shares over to him, all he wants is security which most people would agree is fair enough. The Trust would remain significant Shareholders in GTFC, enough to make a difference. Fenty has also considered the idea of the Trust gaining a seat on the board of directors, and I'm pretty confident that this will happen in the near future. You'll have to ask the Trust themselves what the situation is.

With regards to your comment about 'siding', you're are correct in that respect. I'm siding with a man who hasn't left GTFC over petty disputes and  man who has continuously put his hand in his pocket for this club. I feel that if we are to move on as a club we should put our differences aside and support the current regime because at this stage there is no alternative.

I'm not going to argue with any of that.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 59
Sixpence
February 17, 2012, 1:46pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from davmariner

Very well put.  Roll on 5th March so we can all move on.

UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 59
davmariner
February 17, 2012, 1:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Coley Surfer
So he never said it was Furneaux then did he?

It was because of the structure of the board which involved Furneaux as he was entitled to an equal vote.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 59
forza ivano
February 17, 2012, 2:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,138
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Squarkus

hi john!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 59
Squarkus
February 17, 2012, 2:12pm

Lager Top Drinker

We had a football club before JF arrived on the scene, a very successful one lest you forget.  We will still have a football club long after he's gone.  Let me explain something to you.  I have 3 children, each of which costs me an absolute fortune.  I'm comfortable with that because that's my investment in their future.  No great shakes there from me, nothing special, I'm simply doing what all parents do.  One thing I'll never do though is 'over-speculate' on luxurys that I can't really afford, neither will I take risks or gambles unless the odds are hugely in my favour and even then I'll have a contingency in case the worst were to happen.  That said if I did put my family unit at risk because of my poor decisions or gambles I wouldn't expect them to hand over their precious gifts from Nanna when I could just as easily sell one of my cars.

I hope that makes sense to you.
no you dont make any sence what so ever, life is a big risk my friend, i have three children like your good self, that was a risk, i also have several cars driving them is a risk,fenty can quite clearly affoard what i think you are calling a luxury, but he wants control over that luxury, he has the continency plan, do we or do the trust have one.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 59
LeightonMariner
February 17, 2012, 2:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Squarkus
no you dont make any sence what so ever, life is a big risk my friend, i have three children like your good self, that was a risk, i also have several cars driving them is a risk,fenty can quite clearly affoard what i think you are calling a luxury, but he wants control over that luxury, he has the continency plan, do we or do the trust have one.

Yes I know he has a contingency plan, up until a couple of weeks ago that contingency plan was no more funding beyond February.  His luck has suddenly changed on the field and off, this really isn't the time for him to be pressing his own personal agenda.  The club has it's best chance of success for a good number of years, why can't he just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 59
Sixpence
February 17, 2012, 2:36pm
Shandy Drinker

Yes I know he has a contingency plan, up until a couple of weeks ago that contingency plan was no more funding beyond February.  His luck has suddenly changed on the field and off, this really isn't the time for him to be pressing his own personal agenda.  The club has it's best chance of success for a good number of years, why can't he just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 59
arryarryarry
February 17, 2012, 2:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from davmariner

I was travelling over to Grimsby listening to his interview and I am positive one of Mike Parker's complaints was that he had agreed with JF that they would both put an extra £500,000 in a share purchase which MP did but JF didn't he advanced it as a further loan.

Secondly as regards being a petty dispute you are quite right the fact that someone who has invested £1 million pounds in shares can be out voted by someone with just about fwckall invested is quite clearly petty, also the fact that he was prevented from making changes to the boardroom that had dragged this club from the Division One as it was then to Non League, why would someone want to do that?
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 59
Harlem mariner
February 17, 2012, 4:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Quoted from arryarryarry

I was travelling over to Grimsby listening to his interview and I am positive one of Mike Parker's complaints was that he had agreed with JF that they would both put an extra £500,000 in a share purchase which MP did but JF didn't he advanced it as a further loan.

Secondly as regards being a petty dispute you are quite right the fact that someone who has invested £1 million pounds in shares can be out voted by someone with just about fwckall invested is quite clearly petty, also the fact that he was prevented from making changes to the boardroom that had dragged this club from the Division One as it was then to Non League, why would someone want to do that?

I had to laugh a that bit about parker being petty ffs the guy puts a fortune into the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 59
GtfcGarner
February 17, 2012, 4:54pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
Im happy how we are at the minute, if Slade had of come in, we could be up we could be down, who knows.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 59
Chris
February 17, 2012, 10:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from davmariner
Cue the idiots claiming that you are John Fenty. Good post!

Sometimes, when people call a poster John (Fenty), it's with good reason!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 59
Chris
February 17, 2012, 10:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Squarkus
could not of put that better myself, so if you look at the woods appointment and how much he spent on over egsagerated wages, loan players and journey men, thats parkers money gone, fenty still backed parker on all these desissions and took all the flack, he is still backing the club and willing to invest more money, all he is protecting is himself being kicked out of office by the trust and parker.

balderdash, not having that. I refuse to believe Woods set wages, transfer fees or anything else related to transfers. That is down to the Chief Executive and The Board.

Any Chairman/Board giving control of a budget to a Football Manager isn't fit to be running the company IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 59
UTMAdinfinitum
February 17, 2012, 10:22pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: +94
Quoted from LondonMariner43

Why all the sniping on the sidelines?  If people don't like it, do they have the money to buy out JF and takeover?

here here!

those that disagree with the Trust's actions probably believe that they have the cures for the common cold and every other human ailment, a solution to the Israeli/Palestinian question, an answer to the world's energy crisis, the means to end world poverty and suffering. With such self-confidence surely means in their world view that sorting out GTFC's financials will only prove just slightly more taxing.

Bring on these fine intelligentsia with their life-changing sweeping statements!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 59
roundballovalhole
February 17, 2012, 10:36pm
Guest User
Quoted from UTMAdinfinitum

here here!

those that disagree with the Trust's actions probably believe that they have the cures for the common cold and every other human ailment, a solution to the Israeli/Palestinian question, an answer to the world's energy crisis, the means to end world poverty and suffering. With such self-confidence surely means in their world view that sorting out GTFC's financials will only prove just slightly more taxing.

Bring on these fine intelligentsia with their life-changing sweeping statements!

oh the fu(king irony!

Reply: 52 - 59
UTMAdinfinitum
February 17, 2012, 10:41pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: +94
Quoted from 1054

oh the fu(king irony!

oh indeed ! your contribution is so eloquently just so.

thank you, thank you, thank you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 59
Squarkus
February 18, 2012, 9:49am

Lager Top Drinker

because parker and the trust can kick him out of office, just like yourself, he gambles with a air of certanty, just like you have said, you would only gamble if the odds are stacked in your favour, so please stop being hipicritical and slagging him off when quite clearly if you was in his shoes you would do exactly the same, give the lad a chance and support him and the good cause GTFC

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 59
Squarkus
February 18, 2012, 9:57am

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Chris

balderdash, not having that. I refuse to believe Woods set wages, transfer fees or anything else related to transfers. That is down to the Chief Executive and The Board.

Any Chairman/Board giving control of a budget to a Football Manager isn't fit to be running the company IMO.
your dead right Chris, but if a manager says he wants a certain player, the board, get the player for the manager at the best deal they can, it just so happens woods and parker a) wansn,t good at picking players and b) wasn,t good at getting players on the right wage stucture, you only have to look at what we have ofloaded since they departed the club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 59
Chris
February 18, 2012, 2:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Squarkus
your dead right Chris, but if a manager says he wants a certain player, the board, get the player for the manager at the best deal they can, it just so happens woods and parker a) wansn,t good at picking players and b) wasn,t good at getting players on the right wage stucture, you only have to look at what we have ofloaded since they departed the club.

Can you then clarify that what you are saying is that Mike Parker was responsible and/or involved with team selections and player scouting?

Id be very interested to hear Mr Parker's take on all of this. I'm sure one day he'll break his silence. Not that it matters now. What matters is that GTFC regains its FL status ASAP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 59
Dan
February 18, 2012, 2:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from davmariner

From what I hear, Fenty was willing to hand over control to Parker, and it was Furneaux who blocked it.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 59
LeightonMariner
February 18, 2012, 2:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Squarkus
because parker and the trust can kick him out of office, just like yourself, he gambles with a air of certanty, just like you have said, you would only gamble if the odds are stacked in your favour, so please stop being hipicritical and slagging him off when quite clearly if you was in his shoes you would do exactly the same, give the lad a chance and support him and the good cause GTFC

I don't think I'm guilty of slagging him off, if John feels differently then he's welcome to pm me with his concerns.  I don't have a personal agenda with John, he operates way out of my league but we do have a common interest, GTFC.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 59
Harlem mariner
February 18, 2012, 2:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Quoted from Chris

Can you then clarify that what you are saying is that Mike Parker was responsible and/or involved with team selections and player scouting?

Id be very interested to hear Mr Parker's take on all of this. I'm sure one day he'll break his silence. Not that it matters now. What matters is that GTFC regains its FL status ASAP.

My pal as worked with mike parker for over twenty yrs at slightly a lower level but nether less knows him very well , i asked him what kind of guy is he? The words he used where genuine , trustworthy, honest, hardworking and definately not up his own bottom !! So i can only assume posters like sqeekme are male masturbators
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 59
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Well done The Trust

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.