6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Chris
February 17, 2012, 10:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from Squarkus
could not of put that better myself, so if you look at the woods appointment and how much he spent on over egsagerated wages, loan players and journey men, thats parkers money gone, fenty still backed parker on all these desissions and took all the flack, he is still backing the club and willing to invest more money, all he is protecting is himself being kicked out of office by the trust and parker.

balderdash, not having that. I refuse to believe Woods set wages, transfer fees or anything else related to transfers. That is down to the Chief Executive and The Board.

Any Chairman/Board giving control of a budget to a Football Manager isn't fit to be running the company IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 59
UTMAdinfinitum
February 17, 2012, 10:22pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: +94
Quoted from LondonMariner43
i have nothing to do with the Trust but I am delighted that they have agreed a solution with John Fenty that removes the highly worrying gridlock created by Mike Parker which could have ended in administration.

What a relief together with the Bennett money to have our future secure for two years.  How many clubs can say that?

With one or two Wembley appearances we could be in a great position financially.

The tide is turning for GTFC.

Why all the sniping on the sidelines?  If people don't like it, do they have the money to buy out JF and takeover?

here here!

those that disagree with the Trust's actions probably believe that they have the cures for the common cold and every other human ailment, a solution to the Israeli/Palestinian question, an answer to the world's energy crisis, the means to end world poverty and suffering. With such self-confidence surely means in their world view that sorting out GTFC's financials will only prove just slightly more taxing.

Bring on these fine intelligentsia with their life-changing sweeping statements!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 59
roundballovalhole
February 17, 2012, 10:36pm
Guest User
Quoted from UTMAdinfinitum

here here!

those that disagree with the Trust's actions probably believe that they have the cures for the common cold and every other human ailment, a solution to the Israeli/Palestinian question, an answer to the world's energy crisis, the means to end world poverty and suffering. With such self-confidence surely means in their world view that sorting out GTFC's financials will only prove just slightly more taxing.

Bring on these fine intelligentsia with their life-changing sweeping statements!

oh the fu(king irony!

Reply: 52 - 59
UTMAdinfinitum
February 17, 2012, 10:41pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: +94
Quoted from 1054

oh the fu(king irony!

oh indeed ! your contribution is so eloquently just so.

thank you, thank you, thank you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 59
Squarkus
February 18, 2012, 9:49am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from LeightonMariner

Yes I know he has a contingency plan, up until a couple of weeks ago that contingency plan was no more funding beyond February.  His luck has suddenly changed on the field and off, this really isn't the time for him to be pressing his own personal agenda.  The club has it's best chance of success for a good number of years, why can't he just sit back and enjoy the ride!
because parker and the trust can kick him out of office, just like yourself, he gambles with a air of certanty, just like you have said, you would only gamble if the odds are stacked in your favour, so please stop being hipicritical and slagging him off when quite clearly if you was in his shoes you would do exactly the same, give the lad a chance and support him and the good cause GTFC

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 59
Squarkus
February 18, 2012, 9:57am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from Chris

balderdash, not having that. I refuse to believe Woods set wages, transfer fees or anything else related to transfers. That is down to the Chief Executive and The Board.

Any Chairman/Board giving control of a budget to a Football Manager isn't fit to be running the company IMO.
your dead right Chris, but if a manager says he wants a certain player, the board, get the player for the manager at the best deal they can, it just so happens woods and parker a) wansn,t good at picking players and b) wasn,t good at getting players on the right wage stucture, you only have to look at what we have ofloaded since they departed the club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 59
Chris
February 18, 2012, 2:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from Squarkus
your dead right Chris, but if a manager says he wants a certain player, the board, get the player for the manager at the best deal they can, it just so happens woods and parker a) wansn,t good at picking players and b) wasn,t good at getting players on the right wage stucture, you only have to look at what we have ofloaded since they departed the club.

Can you then clarify that what you are saying is that Mike Parker was responsible and/or involved with team selections and player scouting?

Id be very interested to hear Mr Parker's take on all of this. I'm sure one day he'll break his silence. Not that it matters now. What matters is that GTFC regains its FL status ASAP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 59
Dan
February 18, 2012, 2:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from davmariner

No, I'm not speculating I'm going by what Mike Parker said directly to Radio Humberside and Look North. The reasons he stated for leaving was that he was unhappy with the set-up of the board of directors at GTFC, therefore he resigned. I would trawl through various archives but I'm pretty sure someone switched on with verify. At no point did Parker say 'The reason I left was because of John Fenty' at all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/grimsby_town/9410893.stm Here's a link that pretty much sums up Mike Parker's view. The problem wasn't John Fenty it was the board as a whole. And before anyone says 'John Fenty wouldn't change for Mike Parker' etc etc, this decision is made by the board as a whole not soley by John Fenty. In fact Fenty said himself that he actually voted with Mike Parker on this issue. As I mentioned previously the departure of Furneaux soon after showed a willingness from the board to reconcile with Mike Parker which wasn't matched by he himself.

At no point have I personally attacked anyone for a differing opinion, just the people who speculate themselves and come up with these theories about Fenty and his motives. People seem to forget that he is a fan of the club and wants to work forward towards a better future. Of course John has made some bad decisions and he has been personally attacked for the appointment of Neil Woods when it was a majority board decision.

With regards to the whole Mariners Trust situation, I don't think Fenty is trying to shaft them, he wants security. He's willing to match the £200,000 from the Trust from his own back pocket which is fair enough. It's not like he's demanding the Trust transfer all the shares over to him, all he wants is security which most people would agree is fair enough. The Trust would remain significant Shareholders in GTFC, enough to make a difference. Fenty has also considered the idea of the Trust gaining a seat on the board of directors, and I'm pretty confident that this will happen in the near future. You'll have to ask the Trust themselves what the situation is.

With regards to your comment about 'siding', you're are correct in that respect. I'm siding with a man who hasn't left GTFC over petty disputes and  man who has continuously put his hand in his pocket for this club. I feel that if we are to move on as a club we should put our differences aside and support the current regime because at this stage there is no alternative.

From what I hear, Fenty was willing to hand over control to Parker, and it was Furneaux who blocked it.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 59
LeightonMariner
February 18, 2012, 2:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from Squarkus
because parker and the trust can kick him out of office, just like yourself, he gambles with a air of certanty, just like you have said, you would only gamble if the odds are stacked in your favour, so please stop being hipicritical and slagging him off when quite clearly if you was in his shoes you would do exactly the same, give the lad a chance and support him and the good cause GTFC

I don't think I'm guilty of slagging him off, if John feels differently then he's welcome to pm me with his concerns.  I don't have a personal agenda with John, he operates way out of my league but we do have a common interest, GTFC.

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 59
Harlem mariner
February 18, 2012, 2:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Quoted from Chris

Can you then clarify that what you are saying is that Mike Parker was responsible and/or involved with team selections and player scouting?

Id be very interested to hear Mr Parker's take on all of this. I'm sure one day he'll break his silence. Not that it matters now. What matters is that GTFC regains its FL status ASAP.

My pal as worked with mike parker for over twenty yrs at slightly a lower level but nether less knows him very well , i asked him what kind of guy is he? The words he used where genuine , trustworthy, honest, hardworking and definately not up his own bottom !! So i can only assume posters like sqeekme are male masturbators
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Well done The Trust

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.