6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
LondonMariner43
February 17, 2012, 11:43am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,947
Gold Stars: 64
i have nothing to do with the Trust but I am delighted that they have agreed a solution with John Fenty that removes the highly worrying gridlock created by Mike Parker which could have ended in administration.

What a relief together with the Bennett money to have our future secure for two years.  How many clubs can say that?

With one or two Wembley appearances we could be in a great position financially.

The tide is turning for GTFC.

Why all the sniping on the sidelines?  If people don't like it, do they have money to buy out JF and takeover?
Logged Offline
Private Message
davmariner
February 17, 2012, 11:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Cue the idiots claiming that you are John Fenty. Good post!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 59
Will Haddock
February 17, 2012, 11:49am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -32
WHS

If one of us wins the Euromillions tonight, may be we can buy Mr Fenty out - but who's to say that we'd be any more popular, and make the right choices?

We should be grateful to Mr Fenty for the amount of his own money he has put into the club, and of course he should be entitled to a greater share holding in return.

Up the Mariners

<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 59
Brisbane Mariner
February 17, 2012, 11:57am

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
Sanity at last well done all above. He is a big fan like the rest of us. It just costs him more!! UTM

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 59
lukeo
February 17, 2012, 11:58am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
IF I won the euro's I'd not buy Fenty out. I'd say here is £1million and at the end of the season a further £1million towards keeping the players and adding 1 or 2 quality additions... all I'd want in return is to go where I like when I like at home games. All I'd do is go in the Main stand with my grandad until kick off then go in the Ponny though  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 59
LeightonMariner
February 17, 2012, 12:04pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from LondonMariner43
i have nothing to do with the Trust but I am delighted that they have agreed a solution with John Fenty that removes the highly worrying gridlock created by Mike Parker which could have ended in administration.

What a relief together with the Bennett money to have our future secure for two years.  How many clubs can say that?

With one or two Wembley appearances we could be in a great position financially.

The tide is turning for GTFC.

Why all the sniping on the sidelines?  If people don't like it, do they have money to buy out JF and takeover?

Your basis for that comment is?  To the best of my knowledge investing £1m in a failing business might have just added to the chances of avoiding administration?

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 59
LeightonMariner
February 17, 2012, 12:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from lukeo
IF I won the euro's I'd not buy Fenty out. I'd say here is £1million and at the end of the season a further £1million towards keeping the players and adding 1 or 2 quality additions... all I'd want in return is to go where I like when I like at home games. All I'd do is go in the Main stand with my grandad until kick off then go in the Ponny though  

I've had this dream countless times but my approach would be slightly different because JF is correct that the burden needs to be spread.  I'd therefore ask him if he would agree to writing down all of his loans in return for a 'gift' to the club of an equal amount from my winnings, with the only caveat being that no share dividend be paid for 5 years, to ensure that the money stayed in the club.  I wouldn't want to run the club because I simply don't have the ability.  Despite his mistakes he has the experience and starting from a 'clean' position and with the right person doing the day to day stuff I think he'd maximise the clubs potential.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 59
davmariner
February 17, 2012, 12:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from LeightonMariner

Your basis for that comment is?  To the best of my knowledge investing £1m in a failing business might have just added to the chances of avoiding administration?

The bottom line is that he walked away for no reason other than Mr Furneaux being on the board (and he was leaving at the end of the season anyway). Yes he invested £1 million but his childish and petulant antics have created instability. If it wasn't for the takeover panel then I think this feud between Parker and the board would have continued as he probably wouldn't have gifted the shares to the Trust if it wasn't for the investigation.

Thanks for the £1 million Mr Parker, but in hindsight bringing you to the club was a bad move. He was also the deciding factor in appointing Neil Woods over Russell Slade. That just sums it up for me.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 59
LeightonMariner
February 17, 2012, 12:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from davmariner

The bottom line is that he walked away for no reason other than Mr Furneaux being on the board (and he was leaving at the end of the season anyway). Yes he invested £1 million but his childish and petulant antics have created instability. If it wasn't for the takeover panel then I think this feud between Parker and the board would have continued as he probably wouldn't have gifted the shares to the Trust if it wasn't for the investigation.

Thanks for the £1 million Mr Parker, but in hindsight bringing you to the club was a bad move. He was also the deciding factor in appointing Neil Woods over Russell Slade. That just sums it up for me.

I wasn't present at any of the meetings between JF and MP so I have to form my opinions from official statements.  You clearly were at these meetings so I bow to your superior knowledge.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 59
Coley Surfer
February 17, 2012, 12:24pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Quoted from davmariner

It must be great to listen to just one side of every story. You are a propagandists dream. None of what you mentioned above has ever been substantiated and most of it is rumour and conjecture.

So here I am once more in the playground of the broken hearts
One more experience, one more entry in a diary, self-penned
Yet another emotional suicide overdosed on sentiment and pride
Too late to say I love you, too late to re-stage the play
Abandoning the relics in my playground of yesterday
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 59
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Well done The Trust

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.