6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Sixpence
February 17, 2012, 1:46pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -6
Quoted from davmariner

No, I'm not speculating I'm going by what Mike Parker said directly to Radio Humberside and Look North. The reasons he stated for leaving was that he was unhappy with the set-up of the board of directors at GTFC, therefore he resigned. I would trawl through various archives but I'm pretty sure someone switched on with verify. At no point did Parker say 'The reason I left was because of John Fenty' at all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/grimsby_town/9410893.stm Here's a link that pretty much sums up Mike Parker's view. The problem wasn't John Fenty it was the board as a whole. And before anyone says 'John Fenty wouldn't change for Mike Parker' etc etc, this decision is made by the board as a whole not soley by John Fenty. In fact Fenty said himself that he actually voted with Mike Parker on this issue. As I mentioned previously the departure of Furneaux soon after showed a willingness from the board to reconcile with Mike Parker which wasn't matched by he himself.

At no point have I personally attacked anyone for a differing opinion, just the people who speculate themselves and come up with these theories about Fenty and his motives. People seem to forget that he is a fan of the club and wants to work forward towards a better future. Of course John has made some bad decisions and he has been personally attacked for the appointment of Neil Woods when it was a majority board decision.

With regards to the whole Mariners Trust situation, I don't think Fenty is trying to shaft them, he wants security. He's willing to match the £200,000 from the Trust from his own back pocket which is fair enough. It's not like he's demanding the Trust transfer all the shares over to him, all he wants is security which most people would agree is fair enough. The Trust would remain significant Shareholders in GTFC, enough to make a difference. Fenty has also considered the idea of the Trust gaining a seat on the board of directors, and I'm pretty confident that this will happen in the near future. You'll have to ask the Trust themselves what the situation is.

With regards to your comment about 'siding', you're are correct in that respect. I'm siding with a man who hasn't left GTFC over petty disputes and  man who has continuously put his hand in his pocket for this club. I feel that if we are to move on as a club we should put our differences aside and support the current regime because at this stage there is no alternative.

Very well put.  Roll on 5th March so we can all move on.

UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 59
davmariner
February 17, 2012, 1:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from Coley Surfer
So he never said it was Furneaux then did he?

It was because of the structure of the board which involved Furneaux as he was entitled to an equal vote.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 59
forza ivano
February 17, 2012, 2:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Squarkus
what spin you tube, have you met him, do you know him, he is one of the most honourable men i have come across, if you do buisness with him and shake his hand you can take it to the bank.

hi john!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 59
Squarkus
February 17, 2012, 2:12pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from LeightonMariner

We had a football club before JF arrived on the scene, a very successful one lest you forget.  We will still have a football club long after he's gone.  Let me explain something to you.  I have 3 children, each of which costs me an absolute fortune.  I'm comfortable with that because that's my investment in their future.  No great shakes there from me, nothing special, I'm simply doing what all parents do.  One thing I'll never do though is 'over-speculate' on luxurys that I can't really afford, neither will I take risks or gambles unless the odds are hugely in my favour and even then I'll have a contingency in case the worst were to happen.  That said if I did put my family unit at risk because of my poor decisions or gambles I wouldn't expect them to hand over their precious gifts from Nanna when I could just as easily sell one of my cars.

I hope that makes sense to you.
no you dont make any sence what so ever, life is a big risk my friend, i have three children like your good self, that was a risk, i also have several cars driving them is a risk,fenty can quite clearly affoard what i think you are calling a luxury, but he wants control over that luxury, he has the continency plan, do we or do the trust have one.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 59
LeightonMariner
February 17, 2012, 2:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from Squarkus
no you dont make any sence what so ever, life is a big risk my friend, i have three children like your good self, that was a risk, i also have several cars driving them is a risk,fenty can quite clearly affoard what i think you are calling a luxury, but he wants control over that luxury, he has the continency plan, do we or do the trust have one.

Yes I know he has a contingency plan, up until a couple of weeks ago that contingency plan was no more funding beyond February.  His luck has suddenly changed on the field and off, this really isn't the time for him to be pressing his own personal agenda.  The club has it's best chance of success for a good number of years, why can't he just sit back and enjoy the ride!

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 59
Sixpence
February 17, 2012, 2:36pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -6
Quoted from LeightonMariner

Yes I know he has a contingency plan, up until a couple of weeks ago that contingency plan was no more funding beyond February.  His luck has suddenly changed on the field and off, this really isn't the time for him to be pressing his own personal agenda.  The club has it's best chance of success for a good number of years, why can't he just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 59
arryarryarry
February 17, 2012, 2:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from davmariner

No, I'm not speculating I'm going by what Mike Parker said directly to Radio Humberside and Look North. The reasons he stated for leaving was that he was unhappy with the set-up of the board of directors at GTFC, therefore he resigned. I would trawl through various archives but I'm pretty sure someone switched on with verify. At no point did Parker say 'The reason I left was because of John Fenty' at all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/grimsby_town/9410893.stm Here's a link that pretty much sums up Mike Parker's view. The problem wasn't John Fenty it was the board as a whole. And before anyone says 'John Fenty wouldn't change for Mike Parker' etc etc, this decision is made by the board as a whole not soley by John Fenty. In fact Fenty said himself that he actually voted with Mike Parker on this issue. As I mentioned previously the departure of Furneaux soon after showed a willingness from the board to reconcile with Mike Parker which wasn't matched by he himself.

At no point have I personally attacked anyone for a differing opinion, just the people who speculate themselves and come up with these theories about Fenty and his motives. People seem to forget that he is a fan of the club and wants to work forward towards a better future. Of course John has made some bad decisions and he has been personally attacked for the appointment of Neil Woods when it was a majority board decision.

With regards to the whole Mariners Trust situation, I don't think Fenty is trying to shaft them, he wants security. He's willing to match the £200,000 from the Trust from his own back pocket which is fair enough. It's not like he's demanding the Trust transfer all the shares over to him, all he wants is security which most people would agree is fair enough. The Trust would remain significant Shareholders in GTFC, enough to make a difference. Fenty has also considered the idea of the Trust gaining a seat on the board of directors, and I'm pretty confident that this will happen in the near future. You'll have to ask the Trust themselves what the situation is.

With regards to your comment about 'siding', you're are correct in that respect. I'm siding with a man who hasn't left GTFC over petty disputes and  man who has continuously put his hand in his pocket for this club. I feel that if we are to move on as a club we should put our differences aside and support the current regime because at this stage there is no alternative.

I was travelling over to Grimsby listening to his interview and I am positive one of Mike Parker's complaints was that he had agreed with JF that they would both put an extra £500,000 in a share purchase which MP did but JF didn't he advanced it as a further loan.

Secondly as regards being a petty dispute you are quite right the fact that someone who has invested £1 million pounds in shares can be out voted by someone with just about fwckall invested is quite clearly petty, also the fact that he was prevented from making changes to the boardroom that had dragged this club from the Division One as it was then to Non League, why would someone want to do that?
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 59
Harlem mariner
February 17, 2012, 4:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Quoted from arryarryarry

I was travelling over to Grimsby listening to his interview and I am positive one of Mike Parker's complaints was that he had agreed with JF that they would both put an extra £500,000 in a share purchase which MP did but JF didn't he advanced it as a further loan.

Secondly as regards being a petty dispute you are quite right the fact that someone who has invested £1 million pounds in shares can be out voted by someone with just about fwckall invested is quite clearly petty, also the fact that he was prevented from making changes to the boardroom that had dragged this club from the Division One as it was then to Non League, why would someone want to do that?

I had to laugh a that bit about parker being petty ffs the guy puts a fortune into the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 59
GtfcGarner
February 17, 2012, 4:54pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
Im happy how we are at the minute, if Slade had of come in, we could be up we could be down, who knows.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 59
Chris
February 17, 2012, 10:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from davmariner
Cue the idiots claiming that you are John Fenty. Good post!

Sometimes, when people call a poster John (Fenty), it's with good reason!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Well done The Trust

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.