4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
crusty ole pie
February 15, 2012, 4:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 66
If you are thinking of deposing of your remaining 14% stake in the club can I suggest you do so by giving them  to season ticket holders. This would really fuel some egos.
Logged Online
Private Message
rancido
February 15, 2012, 5:04pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,677
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from crusty ole pie
If you are thinking of deposing of your remaining 14% stake in the club can I suggest you do so by giving them  to season ticket holders. This would really fuel some egos.

I assume you mean DISPOSING .  

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 38
gymadman
February 15, 2012, 5:07pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / 0
should have posted this request on the Man utd web site he is a fan of theirs, spending most his Saturdays there, when a board member at GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 38
Perkins
February 15, 2012, 5:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
I see in todays Grimsby Telegraph that Parker has become the new Chairman of Governers at the Grimsby Institute. and describes himself as quote, "arrogantly ambitious".
He is also clear in his vision that that he wants it to be recognised as "one of the top colleges in the country"
What a pity he didn't have the same ambition for GTFC whilst he was a member of the board.  
How long before he has a disagreement with another board member at the College and "throws teddy out of the pram" again?.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 38
STB
February 15, 2012, 6:11pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from Perkins
I see in todays Grimsby Telegraph that Parker has become the new Chairman of Governers at the Grimsby Institute. and describes himself as quote, "arrogantly ambitious".
He is also clear in his vision that that he wants it to be recognised as "one of the top colleges in the country"
What a pity he didn't have the same ambition for GTFC whilst he was a member of the board.  
How long before he has a disagreement with another board member at the College and "throws teddy out of the pram" again?.

Why is this board full of people who make up stories when they don't know all the facts.
Parker and Fenty may or may not have had a disagreement. Who did what and why they did it is quite rightly kept quiet as it is their business.
Quite why football fans think they should somehow be involved in the affairs of the team they support is beyond me.
I enjoy listening to The Stone Roses but it is none of my business why they split up and got back together again - mind you, I can't wait to go to Heaton Park.  

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 38
roundballovalhole
February 15, 2012, 6:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from STB

Why is this board full of people who make up stories when they don't know all the facts.
Parker and Fenty may or may not have had a disagreement. Who did what and why they did it is quite rightly kept quiet as it is their business.
Quite why football fans think they should somehow be involved in the affairs of the team they support is beyond me.
I enjoy listening to The Stone Roses but it is none of my business why they split up and got back together again - mind you, I can't wait to go to Heaton Park.  

Ian Brown couldn't sing 20 years ago . . . and with practice he has got steadily worse!

Reply: 5 - 38
Perkins
February 15, 2012, 6:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from STB

Who made up what story? When? How? Where? Why? Board Full? only with 2,685 self opinionated posts by a certain someone. No doubt one of the "Parker is our Saviour" brigade folks.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 38
Happy_Mariner
February 15, 2012, 7:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +69
Quoted from 1054

Ian Brown couldn't sing 20 years ago . . . and with practice he has got steadily worse!

Wind that neck in RBOH!! 😡

Ian Brown is a fooking legend and I too cannot wait for Heaton Park.

Admittedly can't hold every note but the man can own a crowd!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 38
louth_in_the_south
February 15, 2012, 8:30pm

Exile
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,725
Gold Stars: 96
Ian brown has a bigger ego than mike Parker . I'd rather go and watch steve sherwood sing than that member brown .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 38
LeightonMariner
February 15, 2012, 8:34pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from Perkins

He put a million pounds in CASH into the club.  Grow a brain and stop with your retarded posts.  Fenty LOANS the club money, more granted but a loan to me indicates that repayment is a condition?

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 38
STB
February 15, 2012, 11:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from LeightonMariner

He put a million pounds in CASH into the club.  Grow a brain and stop with your retarded posts.  Fenty LOANS the club money, more granted but a loan to me indicates that repayment is a condition?

Fully agree with that.

Private Message
Reply: 10 - 38
STB
February 15, 2012, 11:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Perkins

Who made up what story? When? How? Where? Why? Board Full? only with 2,685 self opinionated posts by a certain someone. No doubt one of the "Parker is our Saviour" brigade folks.

I don't know Parker and I'm pleased he put money into the club. Maybe him and Fenty can't work together. My point is we don't know what happened so it is not possible to say who is wrong. What is fact is that the fortunes of the club in terms of results has improved since Fenty has relinquished the chairman's role. Personally, I think that the managers are under a lot less pressure without a trigger happy chairman at the helm and have been able to do their jobs better.

Now for the insult . . . You are a clueless helmet.

Private Message
Reply: 11 - 38
Chris
February 16, 2012, 12:02am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from gymadman
should have posted this request on the Man utd web site he is a fan of theirs, spending most his Saturdays there, when a board member at GTFC

Yet still effectively gifted the Football club well in excess of a million pounds with no ties.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 38
Chris
February 16, 2012, 12:05am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Perkins

Grimsby needs as many Mike Parker's as it can get its hands on. It is people like Mike Parker who will drive this Town on, create jobs, wealth and prosperity.

Sometimes, to be successful, you need an air of arrogance about you and to arrogantly ambitious for this area is a quality I would welcome.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 38
STB
February 16, 2012, 1:11am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Chris

Grimsby needs as many Mike Parker's as it can get its hands on. It is people like Mike Parker who will drive this Town on, create jobs, wealth and prosperity.

Sometimes, to be successful, you need an air of arrogance about you and to arrogantly ambitious for this area is a quality I would welcome.

Too right.
If I won the Euromillions, I would love to give a mill or two to GTFC and let them do what they wish with it.
If eagle-eyed town fans caught me and my lads watching Real Madrid games from my private box there, they can call me all the names under the sun.
I wouldn't want the money back but I would insist on a 'sacktheboard' plaque on the chairman's door coz I iz a self-opinionated coont.  

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 38
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 16, 2012, 8:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Approval: +9,097
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from STB

Too right.
If I won the Euromillions, I would love to give a mill or two to GTFC and let them do what they wish with it.
If eagle-eyed town fans caught me and my lads watching Real Madrid games from my private box there, they can call me all the names under the sun.
I wouldn't want the money back but I would insist on a 'sacktheboard' plaque on the chairman's door coz I iz a self-opinionated coont.  

will you lend us a tenner if you do mate!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 38
arryarryarry
February 16, 2012, 1:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,019
Gold Stars: 117

Quoted from STB

Quoted from LeightonMariner

Fully agree with that.

And me

Private Message
Reply: 16 - 38
Squarkus
February 16, 2012, 4:28pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from Chris

Yet still effectively gifted the Football club well in excess of a million pounds with no ties.

if fenty came of the board, and walked away when parker fell out with the other board members, and left him (the majority share holder) totaly in control of gtfc we would not have a football club at this present time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 38
Chris
February 16, 2012, 4:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Squarkus

if fenty came of the board, and walked away when parker fell out with the other board members, and left him (the majority share holder) totaly in control of gtfc we would not have a football club at this present time.

Your point being what? I made a statement which I understand to be true. How does your comments about Fenty walking away come into the equation?

Tell me, if JF wrote his loans off and gave the club his "investment" would it be OK for people to slag him off because he didnt want to run the club anymore?

Parker put in what he promised didnt he? Nothing less than what he promised. So why is he fair game for abuse?

Unless you know different in which case I'm all ears.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 38
roundballovalhole
February 16, 2012, 4:40pm
Guest User
Didn't fenty and parker, at the start of the season agree to fund the club between them this season, Parker fulfilled his side of it and 'sharp-practice Fenty' is getting all kinds of concessions and agreemnets to invest further which were not present at the start of the season. . . . how I remember it!
Reply: 19 - 38
Squarkus
February 16, 2012, 4:48pm

Lager Top Drinker
[quote=613]

Your point being what? I made a statement which I understand to be true. How does your comments about Fenty walking away come into the equation?

Tell me, if JF wrote his loans off and gave the club his "investment" would it be OK for people to slag him off because he didnt want to run the club anymore?

Parker put in what he promised didnt he? Nothing less than what he promised. So why is he fair game for abuse?

Unless you know different in which case I'm all ears.[/quote 1) sholder to sholder springs to mind, what does that mean.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 38
Chris
February 16, 2012, 4:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Squarkus
[quote=613]

Unless you know different in which case I'm all ears.[/quote 1) sholder to sholder springs to mind, what does that mean.

Agreed to fund until the end of next season was also a term used. Seriously, where does all this name calling of Mike Parker get anyone? How much did Mr Parker put into the club? If I offered to put in the same but at the end of 2 years Id walk away, you'd still take it wouldnt you?

Unless he made  promises he didnt keep, then I don't understand why he is being abused.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
sonik
February 16, 2012, 5:14pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Chris

Agreed to fund until the end of next season was also a term used. Seriously, where does all this name calling of Mike Parker get anyone? How much did Mr Parker put into the club? If I offered to put in the same but at the end of 2 years Id walk away, you'd still take it wouldnt you?

Unless he made  promises he didnt keep, then I don't understand why he is being abused.

Chris.  John as you know gets more than his share of abuse don't you think?  We have some narrow minded posters on here and other boards. You need thick skin as perhaps you've already guessed from your involvement on the Trust Board.  I feel from your take on all this that you are in the MP camp.  I don't agree with some of the comments that have been posted too.  Best ignored most of them IMHO.  UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 38
Wrawby_Mariner
February 16, 2012, 5:30pm
Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from sonik

Chris.  John as you know gets more than his share of abuse don't you think?  We have some narrow minded posters on here and other boards. You need thick skin as perhaps you've already guessed from your involvement on the Trust Board.  I feel from your take on all this that you are in the MP camp.  I don't agree with some of the comments that have been posted too.  Best ignored most of them IMHO.  UTM!

There doesn't need to be a MP camp and JF camp just a single GTFC camp. What has happened has happened and we make make the best of the cards we are dealt. Everyone has their own opinion on what is best for the club regardless of personal agendas. I don't know if Chris agrees with me but when I joined the Trust board it was because I, like 99.9% of fans do not have the financial clout of the Fenty's and Parker's of this world but still feel they have something to give to GTFC. We do all want the same thing and there is no need to be underhand about things.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 23 - 38
Chris
February 16, 2012, 5:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from sonik

I'm not in any camp, Steve.

I actually wish we weren't reliant upon anyone.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 38
sonik
February 16, 2012, 6:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

There doesn't need to be a MP camp and JF camp just a single GTFC camp. What has happened has happened and we make make the best of the cards we are dealt. Everyone has their own opinion on what is best for the club regardless of personal agendas. I don't know if Chris agrees with me but when I joined the Trust board it was because I, like 99.9% of fans do not have the financial clout of the Fenty's and Parker's of this world but still feel they have something to give to GTFC. We do all want the same thing and there is no need to be underhand about things.

Believe me Wrabs.  Nothing underhand from me.  Just an observation and opinion.  Others have them on here so will I.

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 38
Squarkus
February 16, 2012, 6:05pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Chris

but we are, (mr fenty) a bit of good fortune on the pitch and the fishy does not mention fenty, until this share issue raises its ugly head now he,s going to make out of it, i dont think so do you, however chris if it was   your money would you not want the control, parker has given the trust the shares with one ajenda in mind, its certanly not for the benafit of the football club or the fans, if it was he should of given them to fenty himself, the trust as you no will always get support from the club if they come up with the right biusness plan that benafits are great cause gtfc.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 38
headingly_mariner
February 16, 2012, 6:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Squarkus
but we are, (mr fenty) a bit of good fortune on the pitch and the fishy does not mention fenty, until this share issue raises its ugly head now he,s going to make out of it, i dont think so do you, however chris if it was   your money would you not want the control, parker has given the trust the shares with one ajenda in mind, its certanly not for the benafit of the football club or the fans, if it was he should of given them to fenty himself, the trust as you no will always get support from the club if they come up with the right biusness plan that benafits are great cause gtfc.

Thanks John
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 38
Chris
February 16, 2012, 6:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Squarkus

I dont appreciate people trying to second guess my allegiences frankly, particularly given my only true allegience is to GTFC (on this matter).

Only Mr Fenty and Mr Parker know what went on and I am sure if we asked them both they would have entirely different answers. Which would be the truth? Well we supporters will never know will we. What we know is that it's GTFC that is piggy in the middle as two rich men squabble.

Re if it was my money, sadly it's just a theoretical question as I don't have that kind of money so it's pointless me even replying to the question. However, what I can say is that I wouldnt set a budget without ensuring funds were there to meet it. I'm still unsure how we are where we are when the budget was set, agreed and funded, but then thats a different thread isn't it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
Chris
February 16, 2012, 6:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Thanks John

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 38
headingly_mariner
February 16, 2012, 6:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Chris

It seems to me that you used to be a full on fenty fan and now you have had the brief pleasure of dealing with him you are not. Is that a fair observation?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
Garth
February 16, 2012, 6:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Chris

But in this non perfect world we are, lets just accept it and concentrate on football matters on the field
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
Chris
February 16, 2012, 6:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

It seems to me that you used to be a full on fenty fan and now you have had the brief pleasure of dealing with him you are not. Is that a fair observation?

I'm not a "fan" of anyone. I've alwas found him (Fenty) to be pleasant in my brief dealings with him.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
Wrawby_Mariner
February 16, 2012, 6:28pm
Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from sonik

Believe me Wrabs.  Nothing underhand from me.  Just an observation and opinion.  Others have them on here so will I.

No I meant generally not aimed at you .. Sorry shoul have said
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 33 - 38
headingly_mariner
February 16, 2012, 6:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Chris

I'm not a "fan" of anyone. I've alwas found him (Fenty) to be pleasant in my brief dealings with him.

very diplomatic  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
Squarkus
February 17, 2012, 8:24am

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Chris

if you listened to RH last night, you will have heard he is on holliday, im actually his sister/wife. doh !!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
Marinerz93
February 17, 2012, 8:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from Squarkus

The reason why MP walked away was because he was set up for a fool.  We'll never know if he would have taken the club on because of the benign loan we owe to JF.  How much would it have cost MP to buy out JF without the benign loan then put that up against how much it would have cost him with the benign loan.  You have your answer, couple that with he was promised certain boardroom changes that didn't happen and openly stated that at the time.  Also in addition the covenant he has put forward as a deal on the trust against taking any more MP shares.

MP put £1 Million directly into the club, the only major investor to do so during JF's tenure and now we can see why.

What has Elsom, Chapam done during JF's tenure, 'change their vote like they usually do' when JF pressures them.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
forza ivano
February 17, 2012, 10:21am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
interesting thread - 3 points which i've made before
1) the trust are piggy in the middle of a squabble between 2 rich men. the trust are being used by both jf and mp to suit their own agendas. this could be used to the trusts advantage by truning the tables somewhat and play one off against the other
2) i really hope the trust board are keeping open a good line of communication with mp (you know the old saying - my enemy's enemy is my friend
3) why should elsom and chapman be on the board and not the trust?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
Marinerz93
February 17, 2012, 11:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from forza ivano
interesting thread - 3 points which i've made before
1) the trust are piggy in the middle of a squabble between 2 rich men. the trust are being used by both jf and mp to suit their own agendas. this could be used to the trusts advantage by truning the tables somewhat and play one off against the other
2) i really hope the trust board are keeping open a good line of communication with mp (you know the old saying - my enemy's enemy is my friend
3) why should elsom and chapman be on the board and not the trust?

From the roof tops with bells on it.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear mr Parker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.